JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, if you're on FB check out Military Arms Channel. There is a recent video of an AR pistol sporting the Dolos quick barrel change system and the Law Tactical Folding AR Stock Adapter. Makes this pistol very compact for travel.

If you're not on FB, just google Dolos and Law Tactical.

I'm thinking that I'd want one to pack in a backpack instead of an AR-7. Especially since we live in the NW, where actual predatory animals still roam the woods.

Anyone see either of these systems in person? What do you guys think?

The standard AR pistol is quite compact enough when its broken down for storage/ transport.

As neat as an idea that dolos system was I think you're AR pistol is the way to go.

Or.. Sell your current AR pistol to me and get the other one ;)

I think the folding stock is a gimmick that has the potential to add to reliability issues (that does not mean I dont want one though)

To me unless you could fire from the folded position there is little benefit other than the cool guy factor.

I prefer bullpups, but in some situations I can see where such a setup, with both folding stock and quickly removable barrel would be a good setup.

Combine the folding tube with an arm brace and short barreled pistol and you could probably have something less than 16" in overall length when broken down.

Even if you went with a rifle configuration you could maybe keep it at less than 18".

If you went with lightweight components as much as possible that could be something you could carry or stash away pretty handily and then have an actual rifle powered firearm in a small package.

Personally though, I don't feel the need to be packing around a rifle out in the woods purely for self-defense purposes. I live on a mountain where there are people, bears and mountain lions, and I feel adequately armed with a smaller and much more lightweight S&W 329PD.

Something that weighs at least 5 pounds is not going to be toted around very often on my person. In a GHB for SHTF, maybe - I could see having that stashed in a vehicle.

I think the folding stock is a gimmick that has the potential to add to reliability issues (that does not mean I dont want one though)

To me unless you could fire from the folded position there is little benefit other than the cool guy factor.
They work good for putting the AR pistol in a saddle bag for MC cops.
Now there isn't any good reason to put both on a AR pistol as the barrel will be about as long as the other half of the gun.
Now if you needed to separate the 2 halves into 2 compartments and had more width than length for the back half?Yeah not sure I would bother with both.
That Dolos system is pretty cool though

That pretty sweet. Not sure if I would want it on a battle rifle, but I would probably buy one for a travel gun. Or a pack gun.
And not as expensive as i thought it would be.
Kinda funny all the new things that are coming out for the AR after years of service. Just shows how many are actually out there and the market for these things.
And no matter what they come up with people will buy it up

That, and if you actually have to use the damn thing, my worry is that somebody'd shoot with the stock folded, the bolt carrier would come flying back, and then you'd have an inoperable weapon.

But somebody has introduced an AK-style gas pistol and recoil system upper that removes the need for a buffer spring and tube. Don't remember the company name,but if the system proves reliable, then that would be an interesting option for a LAW folding stock.

That said, AR's are easy to break down and put back together. Instead of some fancy, untesting QD barrel system, just seperate the upper and lower. That seems to be the obvious choice here.

But somebody has introduced an AK-style gas pistol and recoil system upper that removes the need for a buffer spring and tube. Don't remember the company name,but if the system proves reliable, then that would be an interesting option for a LAW folding stock.

are you thinking of the ZM weapons LR-300 its been around for a very long time way before current piston craze although its not a piston system it has a modified gas system

z-m_lr300-2000.jpg

Last Edited:
I stopped in Rainer arms today and off hand ask the salesperson what he thought of the Law piece. He said they sell out instantly when they get them, but cant see the value in any accessory that renders your rifle inoperable.

I can see his point.... But....

I broke down and ordered one. I think I'll put it on my little pistol which would make it about 20" folded. I think for any weapon you intended to use for "actual" use (defensive, military, SHTF or what ever) it would be more of a liability than anything else.

I'll report back after I get it on a gun.

I just saw a post by Razor Six Tactical that they would be offering the Law Gen 3. Reviewers have stated that it can be fired in the folded position but that it is only single shot until folded and racked again. I still find it interesting tech and the fact that it will allow stowing the completely usable weapon in a small pack to be in its favor.

Given the choice of an AR-7 or an AR-15 with the Law adapter in a back pack hiking off trail in the North-West where the chance of running into predatory wild life is highly likely, I think I'd take my chances with the AR-15.

I'm definitely saving up to put this on my next pistol build.

you can always get a Kel-Tec PLR-16 and throw a folding stock on it after a form-1 and stamp approval.

ace makes folding stocks...

The Kel-Tec is already a piston gas system with no buffer tube. uses AR mags, picatinny rail, and 1/2x28 theads on the muzzle, but the similarities to an AR end there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top