JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Getting ready to head out this afternoon, I was caught in the usual dilema of what to carry. I love my Glock 17, but it is awful big for EDC. Especially running errands. So I usually end up with my Kel Tec PF9. I was thinking, wouldn't it be great of Glock made a single stack, safe action pistol in 9mm comperable to the size of my Kel Tec (or the Ruger, Kahr, Kimber, et al.)?

What do you think?
Chris

I think it would cost twice as much as your (and my) PF-9 and not be twice the gun. It would be kinda cool to see but at the same time I'm getting tired of the $500 pocket gun fad.

It seems like a good idea. My Glock 19 even feels a little bulky if I'm going to be out with it all day. Oasis has a good point about price. Even at $400-$500, they would sell like hotcakes.

Kahr PM9 or Kahr P380/Ruger LCP w/ buffalo bore ammo even better. I love Glocks, but I don't see Glock making anything much better than the Kahrs for that purpose.

I could never haul around a 1911 or G19 all day, everyday. Even the G26/27 is too much of a brick. Just IMO.

Theres something to be said about a gun company that ISNT branching out from what they do best. GLOCK makes excellant guns- they all look and feel the same (for the most part). You look at the spread of firearms Kel-Tec/Ruger/Kimber/etc. makes... it makes sense they have one to fit every occasion.
... but if GLOCK does make a single stack with a smaller frame and slide, I would probably buy it anyway :)

Glock does indeed make the "last word" in single-stack CCW weapons: the G36.
Grip thickness is IMO the single most critical dimension for comfort in IWB carry, and the 36 is the only slimline Glock frame.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top