JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, my birthday is in a couple days and I bought myself a smoker. I think I got a decent deal, Cabela's seems to be having a sale on smokers right now. Anyone have any good recipes?

This isn't my picture below but this is what I got. Bradley Digital 4 Rack Smoker.
maxresdefault.jpg

Send recipes my way. I'm smoking some pork tenderloin and some sweet potatoes tonight for dinner. :D

Nice, If the loin is not already on i would fire it up and run as much smoke that i could through it prior to putting it in.

For pork tenderloin just use your favorite rub, set temp to 225 and pull tenderloin when it hits 145 internal temperature and let rest for 15 min. Some will brine overnight prior to smoking
. I do not brine anything but will sometimes cut slots into a loin and insert bacon.

Nice, If the loin is not already on i would fire it up and run as much smoke that i could through it prior to putting it in.

For pork tenderloin just use your favorite rub, set temp to 225 and pull tenderloin when it hits 145 internal temperature and let rest for 15 min. Some will brine overnight prior to smoking
. I do not brine anything but will sometimes cut slots into a loin and insert bacon.

Yeah I ran smoke through it for a couple hours before I put the loin on. It's been on for about an hour and twenty minutes now. I put a maple jalapeno rub on it, hoping it turns out good.

I thought about the tp20 but already spent more than I wanted on the smoker. We'll see how the one on got holds up and when it craps out I'll probably get the tp20.

The Maverick is probably the most popular in the amateur BBQ world.
https://www.amazon.com/Maverick-732-Remote-Smoker-Thermometer/dp/B009ITJT92?th=1
There is an ET-732, 733 and 735 (more bells/whistles as you go up)
I got my 732 on Amazon (sale) for $34
The cool thing with this is that you have a remote receiver where you can be inside watching the game and at a glance you can see cooker temp and meat temp.

Do not submerge the probes to wash them....it will destroy them.
I use rubbing alcohol and a paper towel to clean the tip of the meat probe.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top