JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Congratulations, it should be a great addition to your kitchen.

I just picked up a charcoal smoker and am at the beginning of the learning curve.

Welcome to the brotherhood! The best resource on smoking and grilling is amazingribs.com. Become a meathead and join the pitmasters club! Lot's of great tips and recipes, most of which are backed by "science." My general advice:

Dry brining is easy and most effective (just salt and wait, then rinse, rub and smoke).
Get a top quality multiprobe thermometer (one for smoker one for meat--I have the Maverick ET-732).
Silicone gloves are handy for pulling pork.
Sous vide/sear or grilling is best for lean pork like chops and tenderloins. Or do a Porchetta (loin slathered in herbs and wrapped with a pork belly) on the rotisserie, like this bad boy:
IMG_1501.JPG

Nice, If the loin is not already on i would fire it up and run as much smoke that i could through it prior to putting it in.

For pork tenderloin just use your favorite rub, set temp to 225 and pull tenderloin when it hits 145 internal temperature and let rest for 15 min. Some will brine overnight prior to smoking
. I do not brine anything but will sometimes cut slots into a loin and insert bacon.
I pull mine at 135 degrees internal, five minutes sitting brings it to 140...safe according to the guru at Amazing Ribs....tender, juicy:)....do NOT over cook it.:(

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top