JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"...claimed that Bushmaster Firearms International bore responsibility for selling and marketing a military-style weapon to untrained civilians, creating an "unreasonably high risk"

I don't know about the civil disarmament people, but I am actually glad that the mass murdering shooters of recent history were untrained. When they get training, you get Paris and Mumbai 2008

This may be a good thing in the end, this judge merely denied a pretrial motion, which would certainly have been appealed if she upheld it, so might as well let it go to trial where they can make all sorts of motions to dismiss etc. As Bolus said in an earlier post in a sane world the plaintiffs lose and end up paying a huge bill for court costs and the defendants' lawyers. Let us pray it goes that way, will hopefully begin to make people thing twice before letting the Brady bunch talk them into suing out of emotion.

member: 19198 said:
The average civilian AR15 does not have the sear release in the trigger group. For that reason, a full auto bolt carrier in a standard civilian ar15 will not make it full-auto.

I wanted to shine a bit more light on the previous "full auto BCG ain't gonna happen" statement so some of the forum readers don't go of half-cocked, so to speak.:oops:.

The quote above is mostly correct, the auto sear is at the rear of the lower behind the trigger group, above the safety/selector and when it's there, the auto bolt carrier is retarded until the bolt is in battery and then keeps firing until the trigger is released or the 3-round cam cycles and holds the hammer in the M-4 versions.
But the full auto BCG can be found in the Colt 6920 semi AR (I have one) and it is exempted by BATFE as being a strictly full auto part.
The 2005 letter from the bureau exempts these full auto bCG's from being classified as NFA/Machine Gun parts because in the original Stoner design, the sear works off the carrier to be full auto, not the reverse. The BCG does not make the sear full auto.

I hope this helps.

But as to the original topic, getting off on a semantic tangent just muddies the waters. The original need for a tool to be made is not relevant when discussing its misuse.

Blaming a tool maker for its misuse is the issue here, and blaming a gun manufacturer for the misuse of their weapons is akin to suing a sword maker because a self-styled "samurai" runs amok stabbing innocent people.

It kinda boils down to this in America, as I understand it and have been so advised by lawyers: You can sue anyone for anything. Winning the case is however MUCH more difficult. Did you notice she set a trial date TWO YEARS from now?

Let's all sue Chevrolet for selling a Corvette that can go 200 mph to the general public when it is illegal to drive that fast on any public road. They should only be sold to professional race drivers. All cars should be GPS controlled to not exceed the speed limit for the road you are on.
That would go over really well with the general public. NOT. Most of those soccer moms have a led foot.

Funny that you bring this up. I've wondered at times why all cars are capable of driving double or more the maximum speed the law lets you drive. In America today I believe the fastest speed allowed is 70 mph in wide open states like Wyoming. For most of us 65 is as good as it gets. Most cars will do 120 at least according to the speedometer. You would think that every car sold would top out at maybe 70- 75 except those made for LE. Not too different is being sold knives all nice and legal that you get arrested for possessing. A person might get the idea that the government is setting us up like bowling pins. It really makes no sense at all except for the revenue the fines bring in and the enhanced control over a person's life once they've been arrested.

Funny that you bring this up. I've wondered at times why all cars are capable of driving double or more the maximum speed the law lets you drive. In America today I believe the fastest speed allowed is 70 mph in wide open states like Wyoming. For most of us 65 is as good as it gets. Most cars will do 120 at least according to the speedometer. You would think that every car sold would top out at maybe 70- 75 except those made for LE. Not too different is being sold knives all nice and legal that you get arrested for possessing. A person might get the idea that the government is setting us up like bowling pins. It really makes no sense at all except for the revenue the fines bring in and the enhanced control over a person's life once they've been arrested.

I have often wondered the same thing. Some cars are capable of well over 150 mph!

Idaho now has an 80 mph speed limit on interstate freeways,,,,:D.

E

It really makes no sense at all except for the revenue the fines bring in and the enhanced control over a person's life once they've been arrested.

Bingo. You've discovered the real purpose of government: plunder and the exercise of power. All the rest is window-dressing.

Simple logic.. the state licenses and taxes the manufacture of alcohol, licenses the bars where it's served, through building codes requires bars to have parking lots, and then pays police to sit outside the bars and arrest anyone drinking licensed alcohol and driving home. Talk about entrapment!

I might agree with all the big gov.
Bad and the BS charges and fines,
But the last thing I need on the road around my family is a drinking driver period. I applaud any and all catches made of drunks behind the wheel, its no different than a drunk playing with a gun, ones just a whole lot bigger a caliber and has the ability to take out an entire family in one shot.
Sorry to change up a post but drunk driving is an issue I'm passionate about for good reason

I don't know, I think the whole point of the Second Amendment is for civilians to have military weapons.

And confirmed by US v Miller:
"
The signification attributed to the term Militia appears from the debates in the Convention, the history and legislation of Colonies and States, and the writings of approved commentators. These show plainly enough that the Militia comprised all males physically capable of acting in concert for the common defense. 'A body of citizens enrolled for military discipline.' And further, that ordinarily when called for service these men were expected to appear bearing arms supplied by themselves and of the kind in common use at the time.
"
(Emphasis added by me)

Continuing...

"
'In all the colonies, as in England, the militia system was based on the principle of the assize of arms. This implied the general obligation of all adult male inhabitants to possess arms, and, with certain exceptions, to [307 U.S. 174, 180] cooperate in the work of defence.' 'The possession of arms also implied the possession of ammunition, and the authorities paid quite as much attention to the latter as to the former.'
"
(Emphasis added by me)

So, the militia (i.e. all able bodied men) should be able to provide their own ammunition too.

Another thought (still, US v Miller):

"
If any private shall make it appear to the satisfaction of the court hereafter to be appointed for trying delinquencies under this act that he is so poor that he cannot purchase the arms herein required, such court shall cause them to be purchased out of the money arising from delinquents.'
"

So, like the Miranda rights guaranteeing a lawyer if you can't afford one, if you can't afford a suitable firearms that are up to common military standards for use in warfare, one will be provided to you.

How about we try and get government program funded. :-D

And finally:

"
The General Assembly of Virginia, October, 1785 (12 Hening's Statutes c. 1, p. 9 et seq.), declared: 'The defense and safety of the commonwealth depend upon having its citizens properly armed and taught the knowledge of military duty.'
"

I think this is a good direction to head... You should be expected to provide your own firearm that's consistent with what's commonly used in the military today, as well as a reasonable quantity of ammunition for said weapon, such that you can assist in the common defense of the state and/or the union, and if you're unable (financially) to do so, one will be provided, and everyone will receive training on weapon usage and basic tactics. Anyone wanna help get this on the ballot to get it codified into law again? ;-)

Are they going to sue the bullet manufacturer too?
I mean, come on, it was the bullets that killed them, not the gun.

I'm pretty sure the bullet was just sitting there minding its own business until the dang gun powder just pushed it out of its comfortable surroundings at great speed. This is even supported with scientific evidence: Go read Newton's First Law of Motion! ;-)

I'm pretty sure the bullet was just sitting there minding its own business until the dang gun powder just pushed it out of its comfortable surroundings at great speed. This is even supported with scientific evidence: Go read Newton's First Law of Motion! ;-)
Somebody pokes me in the backside with a steel pin, I'm gonna exit with haste myself!

Pure insanity. A diseased mind. There is no cure.

No insanity at work here. This is all part of an ultra-liberal agenda against guns.

Just look at the background of Judge Barbara Bellis. Educated at liberal Catholic schools in the 1970's. Went to Boston College, where she was awarded the Max Weiner Award upon graduation in 1983, for being the most outstanding classical studies student at the University.

So she is extremely intelligent. Do you know of anyone else that has won the Max Weiner Award? She can even speak Latin.

She then went on to get her degree in law at the Catholic University of America Law school. She was appointed to the superior court by then Connecticut governor John Rowland in 2003, and has served as a judge ever since. Governor Rowland himself was charged a year later in 2004 during his 3rd and last term as Governor with numerous corruption and bribery charges. Impeachment proceedings were started against him, but he resigned before the impeachment process could go forward.

That is the kind of man that appointed this woman to become a judge. Rowland was allowed to plea bargain those charges against him, and ended up serving only a little more than a year in prison.

However, since then, both Rowland and his wife have been caught up in additional scandals. The last one took place in 2014. In that year Rowland was convicted on federal charges that he conspired to hide payment for his work on two congressional campaigns. He was convicted in New Haven federal court of all seven counts, including conspiracy, falsifying records in a federal investigation, causing false statements to be made to the Federal Election Commission and causing illegal campaign contributions.

Rowland is currently serving a 2 1/2 sentence in Federal prison.

Sadly, though, these criminal and corrupt public officials can cause great damage while they are in office, before they are eventually exposed and removed. And in the case of Rowland, all of his many judicial appointments have resulted in the state suffering from having numerous bad judges for many years now.

Face it Dude, our government at all levels has become hopelessly rotten and corrupt.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top