JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
NWFA is Joe's House , so to speak...so if one wants to visit or post...one needs to follow Joe's Rules...

Rules which one may or may not like...Rules which one may think curtails one's 1st Amendment Right.
This is not censorship...these are the rules that one agreed to follow when one signed up here at NWFA.

If a thread is to remain open , its simple follow Joe's rules.
If a post is to stay...then follow Joe's Rules.
If one is tired of moderators stepping in....follow Joe's rules.

If one has a question or concern over a moderator's actions or the forum rules contact a staff member or Joe via a PM...it will be addressed....that said , the answer given , may not be the answer that one wants.
Andy

Last Edited:
NWFA is Joe's House , so to speak...so if one wants to visit or post...one needs to follow Joe's Rules...

Rules which one may or may not like...Rules which one may think curtails one's 1st Amendment Right.
This is not censorship...these are the rules that one agreed to follow when one signed up here at NWFA.

If a thread is to remain open , its simple follow Joe's rules.
If a post is to stay...then follow Joe's Rules.
If one is tired of moderators stepping in....follow Joe's rules.

If one has a question or concern over a moderator's actions or the forum rules contact a staff member or Joe via a PM...it will be addressed....that said , the answer given , may not be the answer that one wants.
Andy

Personally, I have zero issue with "Joe's rules". The problem as I see it is that some moderators seem to either interpret those rules extremely loosely, or blatantly impose their own rules.

As far as concerns via PM. I've done that. Said concerns with a staff members actions was "addressed" by the staff member essentially telling me to GFY, and then the deletion of the convo (from my inbox) by the staff member.

But at the end of the day, if Joe wants it like that, so be it, like you said, Joe's house, but it doesn't make me want to continue to be a supporter.

Personally, I have zero issue with "Joe's rules". The problem as I see it is that some moderators seem to either interpret those rules extremely loosely, or blatantly impose their own rules.

As far as concerns via PM. I've done that. Said concerns with a staff members actions was "addressed" by the staff member essentially telling me to GFY, and then the deletion of the convo (from my inbox) by the staff member.

But at the end of the day, if Joe wants it like that, so be it, like you said, Joe's house, but it doesn't make me want to continue to be a supporter.
I Haven't met all the mods, but as a new member had a very positive experience with one so far. Very attentive to keeping peace and shutting down unnecessarily comments.

I haven't become a paying member yet, so I kinda seem myself as a guest here.

but in the end this is a business so to speak and mods are customer service. I've worked customer service…sometimes you gotta tell a crappy customer tough tizzies kick dirt. Seems to me some members think these forums are their own personal stink pits where they can be their worst selves anonymously without having to actually deal with a person face to face, which I gather their courage and words would shrivel if they had to.

My thread here was more of a reminder than a discussion.
Some discussions are best left to a PM....things like moderator actions for example.

Speaking only for myself and not as a representative of NWFA...

Stay or go as you please / support with being a paid member or not....
Just remember :
We have rules here that you agreed to follow when joining...
And this is not Burger King...you won't always have it your way.
( to be blunt...not trying to be mean here )

I am locking the thread...as I said...it was meant more as a reminder , and not a discussion.
Andy

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads