JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While that is a good design suppressor, it only cost that much because JJ name is on it!

And on another note! How did Jesse James become a gunsmith almost overnight? o_O

The JJFU suppressor is quite a bit more complex than your average suppressor. The machining of that housing is significant.

There is no doubt he is asking a premium because he is Jesse James, But he is Jesse James. What else would he do?

IMG_0231.jpg

There is probably 10-20 hrs worth of machining in those parts on a quarter million dollar 5 axis VMC, 20+ hours of programing, hundreds of hours worth of drawing, R&D and figuring out how to make it work. I'm sure if you owned the company you would give them away for free.

I find it strange that if anyone else would have built this it would have been seen completely different but because it was him everyone makes fun of it. Its expensive, but back to back shooting with a Liberty suppressor has shown it to be considerably quieter. Its innovative and high performance and it works.

So show me what you have built that is better? Or just show me anything else that works better in the same size package?

I know Jesse, He has been to my shop and I talk to him occasionally. It really irritates me that rather than judge what he built based on function people just want to talk crap about the guy because he is famous. He is not building guns for you and me anymore than he was building motorcycles for you and me. His stuff is semi-custom boutique firearms being sold to high end clients. He doesn't need the money, his wife is a billionaire heiress. He is building them because its what he wants to and I doubt he has any interest in it becoming a high volume business. He can do anything he wants, this is what he wants to do is promote and play with custom firearms tinkered with in his shop. You somehow think this is bad for the firearms community?

Last Edited:
That housing has less than 4 hours machine time in it unless they are running the machine with the rapid over ride turned down to 25%. but what do I know...

Next time you chat with Jesse ask him what shop in Clackamas made his photo type for him..and that original design (shape) was made more than 50 years ago. JJ has greatly improved on the original design.,

Those inconel baffles are fun to machine I bet! I've ran allot of inconel and monel and I don't care what kind of tooling you have, if you push it..poof it's work hardened and you scrap out $15 inserts (and the part) like they are taffy!

JJ was hoping to get the db down to 73 with this supressor, but it's right around 98 (for now) Which is good, but still needs a little work.

And btw I would and most likely will buy one of these! Just because it's cool! I love the he has gone with the retro style look with updated innards! Very 1930's sci fi look!

JJ was hoping to get the db down to 73 with this supressor, but it's right around 98 (for now) Which is good, but still needs a little work.

Still want to see the video with the equipment showing the sound pressures in order to prove the reduction claimed!
He called out the major suppressor manufacturers at shot show and yet there isn't a video of the challenge yet. Tells me the claims are all hype and it is just like most custom car/bike parts and all show no go!:(

Yet what do I know I am just a stamp collector, not a machinist or design engineer.

There are a couple videos showing the comparison with the Liberty suppressor. I'm on my phone at the moment, when I am home I'll try and remember to post a video

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top