JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
What else can you call it?

Japan is Poisoning Other Countries By Burning Highly-Radioactive Debris | ZeroHedge

The Largest Short-Term Threat to Humanity: The Fuel Pools of Fukushima | ZeroHedge

Personally I can live with societal breakdown, natural disasters, plague, Obama, famine...whatever. But for the love of god this bubblegum ain't right.

Where's the Oregonian, where's the community groups, where's the governor, where is anybody on this one?

Get off your chair and write, call, walk into someone's office, stand on the corner and scream or whatever else and do it now.

This needs to cease no matter what the obstacles to that might be.

Well thats a well respected source. Afterall George Washington is a contributing author. As is smartknowledgeu and tedbits (who ever the heck they are) both highly respected journalists. W

crap, the japanese culture and people have considered anyone not japanese to be less than human anyway. Historically they just don't give a damn. Why not lie and save face? I only hope more of them die, sooner, and more horribly, than us.

---"Well respected journalist," those don't exist anymore.

---What does liberal have to do with anything?

---Might want to adjust your meter.

For someone unable to comprehend what dumping that much radiation into the Pacific means, I'll take it as proof I'm on the right track.

So what does it mean?

Considering the US government has exploded multiple thermonuclear devices in the Pacific ocean and Godzilla still hasn't made an appearance yet, I think I'm OK with Japan ditching some garbage (not actual nuclear material) in the ocean.

---"Well respected journalist," those don't exist anymore.

You said it brother. Government/corp drones that are told what they can and cannot say. That goes double for the so-called 'comic journalists' like Mayer that are supposed to be cutting edge and witty. Bleech. Every little word that comes out of their mouths is pre-censored and approved. Joke all day long about approved subject matter only.

Just another reason to never bother with mainstream TV news or articles on any level. Propaganda and pablum for the deluded masses.

---Estimates last year were that Fukushima was equal to 168 Hiroshimas. They didn't just dump it in the water, they lit it on fire and sent it into the jet stream and it's now falling on your head there in Beaverton. They have yet to deal at all with the spent fuel rods, which are worse.

---You're gonna need more than tin foil bikerbro.

---Estimates last year were that Fukushima was equal to 168 Hiroshimas. They didn't just dump it in the water, they lit it on fire and sent it into the jet stream and it's now falling on your head there in Beaverton. They have yet to deal at all with the spent fuel rods, which are worse.

Maybe if the Japanese took all the nuclear material in the reactors and blew it up in a nuclear explosion, as opposed to most of it still being trapped in some form at Fukushima. If your comparison was worth anything, then Chernobyl would have melted a hole a thousand miles deep into the Earth.

Science, learn it.

You said it brother. Government/corp drones that are told what they can and cannot say. That goes double for the so-called 'comic journalists' like Mayer that are supposed to be cutting edge and witty. Bleech. Every little word that comes out of their mouths is pre-censored and approved. Joke all day long about approved subject matter only.

If you mean Bill Maher on HBO...I agree, he is makes me want to puke every time he opens his mouth.

Maybe if the Japanese took all the nuclear material in the reactors and blew it up in a nuclear explosion, as opposed to most of it still being trapped in some form at Fukushima. If your comparison was worth anything, then Chernobyl would have melted a hole a thousand miles deep into the Earth.

Science, learn it.

If you want to keep stepping up I'll keeping knocking you down. Just waiting for you to actually read one of these articles, post evidence to the contrary or some other accepted action resembling even a hint of informed opinion.

<broken link removed>

Edited to add: Because it appears you have yet to figure out how to click on a link, here's the first sentence from the AP article:

"TOKYO &#8212; Japan's government estimates the amount of radioactive caesium-137 released by the Fukushima nuclear disaster so far is equal to that of 168 Hiroshima bombs, a news report said Thursday."

Notice the word 'released.' Past tense dude. How's that science working for ya?

^

Alright man, I give up. Released = into the atmosphere and killing your kids, as opposed to anything not locked up as fuel, waste or usual forms.

The sad thing is, I'm not even a nuclear engineer, just an EE who happened to take a bunch of nuclear engineering classes in grad school out of interest, and even I can tell this is BS. I'll pass this along to my classmates who actually became nuclear engineers and ask them what they think. This is exactly the kind of anti-science BS that gives the rest of us rational anti-government skeptics a bad name.

Edit: Just noticed the article that you yourself linked already had the same explanation saying why the Hiroshima comparison is meaningless. I guess you just dismissed that bit of information because it didn't fit your "Japanese jihad" conclusion? Nothing wrong with skepticism, but you've gone way past that into the realms of delusion.

1 - 15 megaton hydrogen bomb equals several 1000 hiroshimas... and we tested SEVERAL of them. The United States has tested 1,054 nukes over its history and the amount of radiation released makes Fukushima look like nothing. Hate to break it to you... but if the Oceans weren't poisoned from our tests, they won't be poisoned from Fukushima.

P.S. you should be more worried about the zombie apocalypse that will happen from the New World Order purposely depleting our planet's Ozone to increase our exposure to the Sun's radiation, causing cells to mutate.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads