JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bleh, you got to it before me Gunner456.

I saw it on the news at the gym, that they did not intend to publish it anymore.

I wonder if it's because The little guy" threatening to cancel their subscriptions actually had an effect! :s0114::s0112::s0114:

Cancel away. Let's see if there is an effect. Wanna wager?

Newspapers view these threats to cancel subscriptions the same way bureacrats do when you scream about calling your congressman. ::::yawn:::: It's a dying business because of it's business model, but this burp ain't gonna affect 'em. They'll get plaudits for standing up for freedom of government information.

If this info does come out, why don't we all pre-empt these little bubblegumes & makes some nice bumper stickers, T-shirts, etc with a blown up picture of our CHL's?!? Play their game...

Definitely notify the advertisers in the paper that you will not be a customer. If the newspaper were really interested in the number of other teachers with a concealed carry permit, then that is the information they should have asked for (and possibly sued for). They didn't. They asked for a list of names. A list of names will not indicate which "John Smith" is a teacher.

elsie

Definitely notify the advertisers in the paper that you will not be a customer.

This is exactly what I did yesterday afternoon. I use a couple of vendors in Medford and sent them both notice that I will buy from someone who is not in Medford if the Tribune publishes the name of ANY CHL holder.
You can always vote with your wallet.

big deal, now our neighbor will know you are armed and thief's can get a list of places to avoid. What is the down side?

Thief's also get a list of places that are KNOWN to have firearms and only have to wait to check out who is there and when they are gone to break into the place and get to them.

Safes slow the thief down but don't necessarily stop them.

big deal, now our neighbor will know you are armed and thief's can get a list of places to avoid. What is the down side?
You must be living with your head in the clouds. Thieves can now stake out your home and wait till you leave and break in for a little shopping. Are you really that stupid? Why do you think it is called concealed? So no one knows but the folks that you want to know have knowledge.
Greydog.

Since those registering for the permits were not told at the time that their personal information would be made public, that information should not be released or their rights to disclosure while registering will be violated, giving them an open door to sue the Courts, Sheriff's department and name the Tribune as well. If the court has decided that this information will be made public, that should be released to the registrant at the time of application, just as in any contract be it real estate, employment or others.

The point is valid that criminals will target gun owners for theft of their weapons. In small communities such as ours, there may only be one person named Robert Redford, making him an easy target.

If you don't believe that, consider that criminals actually read the obituaries to find out when people won't be around so they can burglarize their homes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top