JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Why I like living in a small red city, in a Red State...

Lewiston Tribune, 12-5-15
LEWISTON, ID - A local Transportation Security Administration agent found a firearm while routine checks of passengers and baggage were taking place at the Lewiston-Nez Perce County Regional Airport this morning. According to a press release from Airport Manager Chris Hayes, at about 11:20 a.m., the firearm was discovered during an x-ray screening at the passenger screening checkpoint.

Under standard operating procedures, the Lewiston Police Department was
notified and they ...responded to the airport to assist TSA.

"After a brief investigation, the individual was allowed to remove the firearm
from the premises. LPD did not issue a citation, the individual was rescreened
and allowed to board the plane. During the event, screening was stopped and
wasn't allowed to resume until the incident was resolved. Even with the inter-
ruption, no flights were delayed," Hayes says.

Seeing that we could all use some good news gun stories about now,
Does anyone want to add their own "seems like back in time" story(ies))

I'm not looking for,"...and then the 80 year old granny shot the burglar dead" stories.

I am looking for current tales of stories of the good old fashioned "American guns are normal, not scary", mindset that still exists today in pockets of an America that was.

Then there is Cody Wyoming, where I used to live... it's like walking into the 1950's there. Yet one time at the airport, some guy was going on a plane with a few toys (for his niece and nephew) that had blinking LEDs. The TSA grilled him, shut down the airport, shut down the highway in front of the airport, brought in every law enforcement agency they could, and even flew in a complete bomb squad with all their paraphernalia on a special flight from Cheyenne, all the way across the state. They finally let him go but I don't know if he got to take his toys. I wrote this letter to the local paper:

I want to thank the YRA TSA for taking time out from their usual busy jobs of manhandling pregnant women and 80-year old grandmas, to save us from a collection of party toys. I just don't know how we managed in this country, before our brave airport warriors came on the scene! Thanks also to the other alphabet agencies that helped with this arduous and important task - even if they are unconstitutional.
What with the Angels' fiasco and now this, I am about to bust a gut laughing. Please, no more! I don't want a heart attack. Our Barney Fife "protectors" need to lighten up and not take themselves quite so seriously. Not all of us are scared of our shadows out here...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top