JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've seen a couple of articles from this person before but I don't know much about her other than she has a PhD in epidemiology and biostatistics.

This, however, is one of the better articles I've seen discussing mental illness as it relates to mass shootings.

What is mental illness?

Mental illnesses are discrete and treatable health conditions involving distress or functional impairment related to thinking, emotion, or behavior. Examples include anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, and schizophrenia.

There are also negative, antisocial thoughts, feelings, and actions associated with typical human functioning, such as anger, aggression, hate, envy, grievance, impulsivity, and reactivity. These human experiences, while in many cases undesirable and problematic for individuals, families, and communities, are unfortunately typical in a human life. While a range of strategies can be employed to counteract these problematic patterns – parenting, education, faith practices, some types of psychotherapy, policing, and the justice system – these thoughts, feelings, and behaviors are not illnesses, or even necessarily indicative of an illness. Antisocial behavior, for example, is not on its own sufficient to warrant diagnosis of antisocial personality disorder, which involves an ingrained pattern of predatory behavior and lack of conscience that is very difficult in most cases to treat successfully, but which does constitute an illness.

I've seen a couple of articles from this person before but I don't know much about her other than she has a PhD in epidemiology and biostatistics.

This, however, is one of the better articles I've seen discussing mental illness as it relates to mass shootings.

Here is my problem with "mental illness". The list is so long and the motivation so great to diagnose somebody with a qualifying condition, that nearly everyone could fit the description in somebody else's view. Previously you had to be pretty messed up in the head to get on a list that ultimately prevented you from legally purchasing a firearm from a FFL. Certainly the gun grabbers would like that list to cover most of the people in the country as it would help accomplish their gun grabbing goals. This is why they want extensive red flag laws. They want more conditions on the list, they want more people who are allowed to report you, etc......

Imagine how the mental disability qualifications have been expanded for benefits. This SSI mental illness qualifications list was much much shorter decades ago:

This is a pattern the gun grabbers will follow to separate many more citizens from their firearm freedoms.

Don't fall for Red Flag laws, they are bad juju and will be ever expanded to include many of us one day.

Here is my problem with "mental illness". The list is so long and the motivation so great to diagnose somebody with a qualifying condition, that nearly everyone could fit the description in somebody else's view. Previously you had to be pretty messed up in the head to get on a list that ultimately prevented you from legally purchasing a firearm from a FFL
I know that there are a number of us on this forum who believe in a person who lived, died, and is once again alive.
And, 'talk' with him.

That is different than the guy talking with the voice in his head, how? (From a non-believers point of view)

Red Flag laws are evil.

Evil is easy to fix. :s0103:
Evil according to whom?

For some, stoning homosexuals isn't evil according to their beliefs. For others, killing for disagreeing isn't evil. For still others, allowing one to go free after committing serious crimes isn't evil :rolleyes:

So again. Evil according to whom?

That is the greatest problem. We do not have a homogenous population that believes in the same things.

Evil according to whom?

For some, stoning homosexuals isn't evil according to their beliefs. For others, killing for disagreeing isn't evil. For still others, allowing one to go free after committing serious crimes isn't evil :rolleyes:

So again. Evil according to whom?

That is the greatest problem. We do not have a homogenous population that believes in the same things.
OK, how about blatant evil then? The beliefs of those frequenting the goat brothels don't count, sorry.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top