JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So now I have another option while I wait for the XDs45 to get fixed and returned (which doesn't seem like it will be anytime soon).

About a year and a half ago I had traded my full size M&P45 to my brother-in-law as I was looking for a smaller carry gun. He traded me his Glock 23 (and a bunch of other things) which I turned around and traded 2 days later to get an M&P40c.

So, I've always wanted my M&P45 back at some point and so I finally was able to trade him back. I traded him my CAI Romanian GP WASR 10/63 AK47 for it. So, the same actual M&P45 is now back home where it belongs.

Below are a few pics. One is of the pistol, the second is of my first mag through it and the third shows the distance (50 ft) at which I was firing. It is so nice to have it home. I've been carrying my SR1911 since my XDs45 was sent in for the recall. And, while I love my 1911, it is a bit heavy at times so it is nice to have the M&P back to have for the carry rotation.

Oh, and the slide shows some holster wear from his carrying, but the white coloring (fingernail polish) is what I did about 2 years ago. So it is pretty durable. I am thinking of getting the slide Cerakoted and perhaps the frame as well. And, I will probably put in the APEX DCAEK trigger kit like I did into the 40c.

MP45IsBack.jpg

MP45IsBack1stMag.jpg

MP45IsBackDistance.jpg

LOL... YEAH, NO THUMB SAFETY!! :s0155:

I'm a .45ACP believer, it seems those who stray away for a .40S&W (10mm shorty) always come back around. ;)

I traded the 40c off for a 9mm Shield and turned that around and traded a week later for an XDs 45 which I love but am still awaiting its return from sending it in for the recall. I have all .45's now except for my LCP and Rhino.

-- Bob

I have a lust for an M&P 45. I don't know why, I have a 1911 and the M&P only adds 2 rounds over that. I can't explain it, I just want one.

I have both and am happy I have both. I do recommend the M&P45 but it would be much better with the Apex DCAEK.

-- Bob

Like several other I had decided not to send in my XDS right away. Without them having a fix and thousands being sent back I knew it would be a long time before it came back. Therefore last week I opted to sell the XDs (buyer was full aware of the recall) and decided to go with a Glock. The size of the XDS is what drew me into it combined with the knock down power of the 45. However, I hated training with it. If I fired more than 2 or 3 mags with it; my tendonitis in my wrists would flare up something awful. I wanted more capacity and less recoil so I decided to go with a baby Glock (G26). It's a little wider but the double stack mag is actually more comfortable in my hand. My first choice was the 10mm since I already have a G20 but didn't think my wrist could take the pounding. After taking the 26 out to the range for the first time last night I was very pleased with it's performance. And I was pretty happy that I was able to run 100 rounds through it before things started to hurt. I loved my XDS 45 and it will be missed. But I think after I add some different sights to the G26, I think I might love it more.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top