JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So now I have another option while I wait for the XDs45 to get fixed and returned (which doesn't seem like it will be anytime soon).

About a year and a half ago I had traded my full size M&P45 to my brother-in-law as I was looking for a smaller carry gun. He traded me his Glock 23 (and a bunch of other things) which I turned around and traded 2 days later to get an M&P40c.

So, I've always wanted my M&P45 back at some point and so I finally was able to trade him back. I traded him my CAI Romanian GP WASR 10/63 AK47 for it. So, the same actual M&P45 is now back home where it belongs.

Below are a few pics. One is of the pistol, the second is of my first mag through it and the third shows the distance (50 ft) at which I was firing. It is so nice to have it home. I've been carrying my SR1911 since my XDs45 was sent in for the recall. And, while I love my 1911, it is a bit heavy at times so it is nice to have the M&P back to have for the carry rotation.

Oh, and the slide shows some holster wear from his carrying, but the white coloring (fingernail polish) is what I did about 2 years ago. So it is pretty durable. I am thinking of getting the slide Cerakoted and perhaps the frame as well. And, I will probably put in the APEX DCAEK trigger kit like I did into the 40c.

MP45IsBack.jpg

MP45IsBack1stMag.jpg

MP45IsBackDistance.jpg

LOL... YEAH, NO THUMB SAFETY!! :s0155:

I'm a .45ACP believer, it seems those who stray away for a .40S&W (10mm shorty) always come back around. ;)

I traded the 40c off for a 9mm Shield and turned that around and traded a week later for an XDs 45 which I love but am still awaiting its return from sending it in for the recall. I have all .45's now except for my LCP and Rhino.

-- Bob

I have a lust for an M&P 45. I don't know why, I have a 1911 and the M&P only adds 2 rounds over that. I can't explain it, I just want one.

I have both and am happy I have both. I do recommend the M&P45 but it would be much better with the Apex DCAEK.

-- Bob

Like several other I had decided not to send in my XDS right away. Without them having a fix and thousands being sent back I knew it would be a long time before it came back. Therefore last week I opted to sell the XDs (buyer was full aware of the recall) and decided to go with a Glock. The size of the XDS is what drew me into it combined with the knock down power of the 45. However, I hated training with it. If I fired more than 2 or 3 mags with it; my tendonitis in my wrists would flare up something awful. I wanted more capacity and less recoil so I decided to go with a baby Glock (G26). It's a little wider but the double stack mag is actually more comfortable in my hand. My first choice was the 10mm since I already have a G20 but didn't think my wrist could take the pounding. After taking the 26 out to the range for the first time last night I was very pleased with it's performance. And I was pretty happy that I was able to run 100 rounds through it before things started to hurt. I loved my XDS 45 and it will be missed. But I think after I add some different sights to the G26, I think I might love it more.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top