JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I agree with the premise of the original post.

However, I know a person who located a retailer who was selling Pmags at $17.50 per mag. The retailer didn't want to raise his prices, because he wanted his magazines to be available to people, at a reasonable cost. ....................
.....................I respected the retailer for trying to keep his products accessable to ordinary, hard-working, middle-class Americans.

I know of two gunshops, both located within pierce county, one has raised his profit margin well over 100%. Another that adheres to the principle as quoted above and has his prices at 5% below MSRP.

I have lost a great deal of respect for the gunshop that is obviously taking advantage of the political climate, and admire much more the one that stands for principle and people over profits............

I know this, I won't be buying off this board or others until the prices come back down to normal. I have seen weapons sold here in a few minutes that have turned up on other national immediately for a much greater price. So yes there is a LOT of profit taking going on in the gun community, and some of the tough titty attitudes represented here are the schoolyard bully attitudes that our country is NOT famous for and I'm sad to say represent an all too large segment of the gun community in our country.

It is nice to know and understand, that if and when the SHTF, many that represent that tough titty attitude here will be the selfish gouger only out for his own advantage rather then the AMERICAN looking to help and defend the abused and downtrodden.........

Thank you for reminding me of what many of the "Gun Society" stands for, tyranny, survival of the fittest, take advantage of the weak or unprepared, at it's finest.

It's a sad thing to see....

The people asking 50% higher than retail on a gun are people taking advantage of a bubblegumty situation we're all in, for a quick buck.

If they really felt as though their firearms were in jeopardy, they wouldn't be selling them.

It's gouging. Plain and simple. They're the same people that would shut you out if you were staving after bubblegum hit the fan.

Thank you for reminding me of what many of the "Gun Society" stands for, tyranny, survival of the fittest, take advantage of the weak or unprepared, at it's finest.

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free: and then we'll take advantage of them.

In the past week I have given away, yes given, over 3k rounds of .223 and .762x39 and a couple k of .22 ammunition to a few friends and family that got caught with their pants down. Was I crazy because I could have made big bucks here or elsewhere? Possibly in some peoples minds but you can count on this, those that I handed it off to were very glad to get it and I'm pretty damned sure it will come back in spades. Call it "pay it forward" if you will.

As mentioned here many times in the ebbs and flows of this debate, many places have gouged their prices way beyond what is even close to reasonable, given the current situation and the best way to deal with it is to remember those that did and those that didn't, and show you disapproval or appreciation with your wallet, simple as that.
Just like the gun shop to the north of Tillamook, the word going around town is he's done getting business from the locals due to his sells tactics and if he doesn't have the locals, he's out of business. Now there's tough titties for you, and paybacks a female wiener dog! Good day all.

I know of two gunshops, both located within pierce county, one has raised his profit margin well over 100%. Another that adheres to the principle as quoted above and has his prices at 5% below MSRP.

I have lost a great deal of respect for the gunshop that is obviously taking advantage of the political climate, and admire much more the one that stands for principle and people over profits............

I know this, I won't be buying off this board or others until the prices come back down to normal. I have seen weapons sold here in a few minutes that have turned up on other national immediately for a much greater price. So yes there is a LOT of profit taking going on in the gun community, and some of the tough titty attitudes represented here are the schoolyard bully attitudes that our country is NOT famous for and I'm sad to say represent an all too large segment of the gun community in our country.

It is nice to know and understand, that if and when the SHTF, many that represent that tough titty attitude here will be the selfish gouger only out for his own advantage rather then the AMERICAN looking to help and defend the abused and downtrodden.........

AMEN!

Now what happens when Mr. -5%MSRP is sold out, and has to wait a few months for new parts and guns to sell? At sub 5% MSRP he's running a thin margin, and unless he has a good nest egg, he'll quite potentially be in very dire straits.

The guy charging the higher prices will have the same challenge (that duh, all FFLs are having right now) of getting parts and guns for the next couple months. Difference is, his increased prices now will allow him to ride out that loss of stock, until his next shipment comes in, and he can earn some revenue again.

I know, I know, it's important to pay ones rent, and feed their stomach until it's a shopkeeper having to jack prices to ensure he gets to do it. Then he's a terrible terrible gouger.

Cry me a river. If it's so bad, do one of three things:
1. Wait it out.
2. Hunt harder for deals, they're there. I just bought a mess of AR lowers for sub MSRP from a manufacturer.
3. Make more money.

Now what happens when Mr. -5%MSRP is sold out, and has to wait a few months for new parts and guns to sell? At sub 5% MSRP he's running a thin margin, and unless he has a good nest egg, he'll quite potentially be in very dire straits.

The guy charging the higher prices will have the same challenge (that duh, all FFLs are having right now) of getting parts and guns for the next couple months. Difference is, his increased prices now will allow him to ride out that loss of stock, until his next shipment comes in, and he can earn some revenue again.

I know, I know, it's important to pay ones rent, and feed their stomach until it's a shopkeeper having to jack prices to ensure he gets to do it. Then he's a terrible terrible gouger.

1. Wait it out.
2. Hunt harder for deals, they're there. I just bought a mess of AR lowers for sub MSRP from a manufacturer.
3. Make more money.

The difference in a few months when things have calmed down, people will remember which dealers jacked their prices and which didn't...

Why should he be in dire straights? from the look of his shelves and display cases the only thing he's short of is AR-15's and Glock's, he is well stocked on everything else and he's making the same money he was before the insanity.

Nothing to ride out, except his guilt......

You mean to tell me he wasn't paying his rent or putting food on the table before the insane prices increases? Since he's been in business for years and drives a VERY nice 4WD vehicle I think he was doing quite well before, hence no need to raise prices. Do you see how stupid and inane that statement sounds?

1. Wait it out.
3. Make more money.

Good for you, not everyone can deal directly with a manufacturer at wholesale, so you telling me you are buying assembling then selling for outrageous prices? if you are and what you described leads me to believe it, then you are hardly unbiased enough to argue the point, since you are one of the selfish self serving advantage takers....

You don't bite the hand that feeds you !

RANT OVER !

I wouldn't call it a rant, more like a statement of frustration. FDR called it profiteering, he ran into it as part of the Navy Department during WWI and banned the practice as president during WWII. Profiteering is taking inordinate profits from unusual circumstances.

That describes the same thing they put people in jail for during hurricane Andrew in Florida back in the 90's.

Were those merchants doing the right thing? no they were taking advantage of the situation, many were jailed and some were even shot. Albeit this in not as desperate a situation as Hurricane Andrew, but the basis and principle are identical.

Attempting to justify the behavior of profiteering by claiming it is not their fault and market forces are the only blame, belies the greed that is self evident to allowing unknowing people to buy at prices twice above normal market. It is a disservice to your customers and a black mark on the industry as a whole.....

Just like roses on Valentine's day. They always cut more for that one day and they always have MORE supply then demand. Yet the price doubles because they know they can take advantage of whiners right?

Roses are so over rated. The mark up is unreal, a lot don't get sold, die in a week and get thrown away.

The girlfriend is getting a custom rifle for VD ... No roses :)

Roses are so over rated. The mark up is unreal, a lot don't get sold, die in a week and get thrown away.

The girlfriend is getting a custom rifle for VD ... No roses :)

Yeah, I've had many girlfriends. I have so far refused to share the combo to my gun safe, much less arm them. Still looking for that special someone who wouldn't shoot me on those rare occasions that I'm as bubblegum...

1. Wait it out.
3. Make more money.

... and if you don't like the high prices, don't buy. This will all settle out in a few months.... maybe.

The down side to the recent rise in the market for anything gun related is that it will crash. Just like it did in the housing market. In the end a lot of people will be left with over price guns and will cause issues later.

Profiteering is to be expected from individuals. Its not as if someone has to have that M&P Shield right now. These are not people selling bread during a famine. Now, when my local dealers start raising prices because people are hoarding that makes me not want to support the local guy when this blows over. Limiting the sales quantity I can appreciate but jacking up the price on my hobby for greed means it is a two way street and I can spend my next few thousand dollars out of town. I would like to see people name those businesses that are gouging their loyal customers for short term gain but that might need a new thread.

About 2 weeks from now over 100,000 low cost primers and powder will be up for sale here. Let those who are gouging try to sell and those who want to be gouged pay the high prices because they are impatient.

WOOWWW! you guys 11 pages later are still beating this dead horse... half of you think you deserve something cheap because you are a gun owner when gun owning wasnt cool like now, the other half think they should be rewarded for thinking ahead and stocking up.... I personally have bought 4 tractors, 1 car, 1 rifle, 2k rounds of ammo, 160 High cap mags and guess what.... I had the same problem with the tractors, GRUMPY old men thought i should sell them to them for 800 dollars (for 1 tractor, what i paid) and Collectors in australia 2 hours after they saw my ad asking 3200 each for 2 of them, snapped them right up.... The grumpy old man is still grumpy and tractorless because he didnt want to pay the VALUE of the tractor.
Same with you grumpy, self deserving people on here that think that someone should lock up their money in their account for god knows how long, backordering PMAGS, and then think that somehow they DESERVE to be sold that pmag for what the person that took all the risk and headache paid for it.... Its not my fault that with a little cleaning and a little money my 4 tractors are now worth 3.8 times what i paid for them, or that my rifle in 45 days doubled in value, or the ammo doubled in value, or that my mags have quadrupled in value.... (except the PMAGS i'm still waiting for) :s0112:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews