JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wait, you are saying people are charging WAY too much for used firearms and ammo here???

I guess you have not been here too long, that was going on WAY before newtown. In fact, right after newtown, for a few days, asking prices here were in line with the rest of the nation.

Wait, you are saying people are charging WAY too much for used firearms and ammo here???

I guess you have not been here too long, that was going on WAY before newtown. In fact, right after newtown, for a few days, asking prices here were in line with the rest of the nation.
That's a good point. There's a reason I never looked here when I wanted to buy my M&P or my Glock. Pricing was out of line with reality. That was back in August and September.

MountainBear - Sorry for biting into you. It was unfair of me to do so, and uncalled for. I'm sorry.

However, I would argue that the demand for goods has been artificially altered. Simply by bringing up and continuing to talk about bans that have little chance of happening, the government has been keeping demand higher than it would be otherwise.
I would argue that your statement above is a description of a real market force, not an artificial one. News of shortage or glut always affects pricing both at the retail end and speculative. Twinkies were what, two for a buck? News came up that Hostess was in trouble and people started getting $500 for them on Ebay. A mere whisper of a shortage caused a market spike. Oil, gold, condoms, goats, everything does that. It's not artificial, but a normal pricing factor. You are right though, the .gov, and fear of their actions is what is keeping demand high. It's really bad when I recently acquired 600 rounds of 22lr, something which anyone should be able to do at any time, and I feel thankful for it because it's as rare as hen's teeth. At the end of the day I have to answer to my wife, god, and myself. I know that doing everything I can to fairly better my financial security is part of my responsibility. Doesn't mean I'm going to be unkind to anyone, I'll have an item, and set a price. They can choose to meet the price, or move on. If they choose to meet the price, it's because the price is good for them, and they're comfortable with the cost. I'm not going to disrespect another by removing their choice, by taking my product out of the market, and I'm not going to disrespect them economically by assuming that they can't afford the market they choose to purchase in. Just like that time I walked into a high end car dealership in SF. They knew I couldn't afford it, but still were cordial and helpful as I window shopped. Had they told me that I had no place there, or couldn't afford it, that would be unethical.

1stklass - interesting point! Any chance you have the book and passage on that? I know a few people in my neighborhood that could use it. ;)

well said sir
Making statements and suggestions is not whining, but whatever floats your boat.

The artificial segment of the recent shortages is not on the supply part. You need to remember there is two parts. The flow of goods to the market has not been artificially altered. If anything, it has increased in some areas. However, I would argue that the demand for goods has been artificially altered. Simply by bringing up and continuing to talk about bans that have little chance of happening, the government has been keeping demand higher than it would be otherwise.

I never said it wasn't fair. I said it wasn't right. There's a difference.

But hey, do what you like. If you can justify those actions to yourself, at the end of the day, that's all you need. I don't have an entitlement mentality. At the end of the day, I have to answer to my God first and myself second. That's it. If you can do those things, power to you. But I won't be paying panic prices, and I will continue to suggest to my friends that they wait until the feeding frenzy subsides.

I would argue that your statement above is a description of a real market force, not an artificial one. News of shortage or glut always affects pricing both at the retail end and speculative. Twinkies were what, two for a buck? News came up that Hostess was in trouble and people started getting $500 for them on Ebay. A mere whisper of a shortage caused a market spike. Oil, gold, condoms, goats, everything does that. It's not artificial, but a normal pricing factor. You are right though, the .gov, and fear of their actions is what is keeping demand high. It's really bad when I recently acquired 600 rounds of 22lr, something which anyone should be able to do at any time, and I feel thankful for it because it's as rare as hen's teeth. At the end of the day I have to answer to my wife, god, and myself. I know that doing everything I can to fairly better my financial security is part of my responsibility. Doesn't mean I'm going to be unkind to anyone, I'll have an item, and set a price. They can choose to meet the price, or move on. If they choose to meet the price, it's because the price is good for them, and they're comfortable with the cost. I'm not going to disrespect another by removing their choice, by taking my product out of the market, and I'm not going to disrespect them economically by assuming that they can't afford the market they choose to purchase in. Just like that time I walked into a high end car dealership in SF. They knew I couldn't afford it, but still were cordial and helpful as I window shopped. Had they told me that I had no place there, or couldn't afford it, that would be unethical.

1stklass - interesting point! Any chance you have the book and passage on that? I know a few people in my neighborhood that could use it. ;)[/QUOTE]

Excellently said, I am not even setting a price. I put a low by todays standards minimum and let the people pay what they want... its an auction. every person i have sold anything to has thanked me for what they purchased and for mailing it off to them fast.
And its Matthew 25:13-30 and also another similar one Luke 19:11-27

I'm new to this forum/community so if I ruffle some of you folks, I am NOT sorry...

Here is the deal... Let me explain something EXTREMELY basic. If someone is willing to pay $X for an object, then that object is clearly worth $X. If the object isn't a requirement to live or get by and you are willing to pay $X, you ARE NOT being gouged.

If a company wanted to sell a gun or ammo or mag for $X and nobody was lining up to buy them at $X, then any economist or business person would tell you that clearly $X is to high and it is time to reduce the price. I don't know about you, but it sure seems like people are lining up right now by the dozen to buy virtually anything gun related....

THIS IS NOT GOUGING.

Most of you claim you want a free world here in the US and want liberty. Part of that would seem to be capitalism, but perhaps the "gouger" whiners don't really believe in free markets.

So for the love of common sense, please stop referring to gun, ammo, and accessory prices as gouging. If it is gasoline, we can chat.

That is all.
This guy must work at discount gun sales. Sounds like he is describing how that store works exactly.

I totally agree with the first and original intent of this post. It is supply and demand.

I have sold some things on here for profit. If I paid $10 for an Ak mag back in 2001 why not ask $35 if that is what Circle 10's are going for?

As for those who are jacking up ammo.. Lowers.. yes it sucks. But it is supply and demand.

That being said.. When prices go back down.. I know a few places I will never do business with again. We have a choice. Brownells impressed me and I never really used them before.

But bottom line.. I shop for best price and quickest delivery.. So. yes.. Aero, New Frontier.. I might be back.. If its cheap enough.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top