JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gunshop, maybe yes, maybe no. Manufacturer, ABSOLUTELY.

You have to realize for starters that most gun shops make AT MOST 15% on a new sale. a manufacturer's defect is not "their" problem. Some will take your gun back, some won't. And I won't disparage anyone who won't. they aren't making enough money on that gun to be worth all the hassle. Though they should, IMO, put the gun back on their books and ship it for you cheap. What happens then is all about the maker, not the gunshop.

The gun shop will probably send it back to the factory for you, and most likely on your dime. That looks like a CZ so it will go to Kansas I think? The factory may just send it back to the gun shop and say it is within specs or they may replace the gun completely depending on the mood of the guy inspecting your gun. The key here is to see if you can convince the gun shop guys to get his local factory CZ rep involved and give them the chance to really give you great customer service. Get the rep involved and your odds of getting your gun replaced are much better.

Good luck!

I ordered a Savage MKII FVT the target peep sight version of their popular bolt action .22 through Wild Bills Guns in Mollala OR.

Bill the owner got all pissed when I showed them the deep scratch in the barrel and a couple other flaws in the finish. Bill took the gun from me and was on the phone to Davisons (the distributor) while still holding the rifle in the other hand. In less then 5 min Bill hung up the phone and told me how sorry he was that the rifle I ordered showed up like that and that a replacement was being labled and shipped out today.. And that it would be here within 4 days.

When the second one came in with a slight scratch under where the scope rail I intended on put on it mounted. I had to argue with Bill to keep it. He wanted to send it right back and was already heading for the phone.

So it all depends on the shop some really bust *** to please their customers like Wild Bills some maybe not so much and others could really bubblegum a rats ***.

Hope yours is of the same quality as Wild Bills.

Honestly that looks like a well worked over display gun. Most of those markings are something I would expect of a unfired, but heavily handled weapon.

Betting they did not transfer it from a warehouse, they transfered it from another store?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top