JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I went shooting yesterday and today and had this happen twice, pulled the trigger on my glock 43 and heard a click but no bang. After keeping my muzzle pointed at the target for a moment I emptied the chamber and noticed that the live rounds had been hit closer to the side of the percussion cap rather than in the center. The both times that this happened it was with Blazer 9MM 115 gr brass case cartridges. Could this be an issue with my firing pin or is it more likely to be an issue with the ammo?

1C6C5AA3-F79B-4F68-A13D-9FA7772195BB.jpeg

More than likely wasn't quite in battery. That's a very off center hit with not a lot of oomph behind it. Could be a gun issue or ammo issue but I doubt it's specifically a firing pin/striker issue

So I went shooting yesterday and today and had this happen twice, pulled the trigger on my glock 43 and heard a click but no bang. After keeping my muzzle pointed at the target for a moment I emptied the chamber and noticed that the live rounds had been hit closer to the side of the percussion cap rather than in the center. The both times that this happened it was with Blazer 9MM 115 gr brass case cartridges. Could this be an issue with my firing pin or is it more likely to be an issue with the ammo?

View attachment 1224354
That is exactly what the primers looked like from rounds I tried to fire in my G19 clone when it was slightly out of battery.

Edit: I still haven't resolved the issue in my pistol but suspect it is related to extractor. When hand cycling rounds it will hang up often and not go fully into to battery, very close to full battery but not 100%. If I hand cycle the slide with or without mag installed but no rounds in mag it will go into full battery everytime.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads