JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Waiting for them to restock so I can pick up a few. Odinworks is also working on a version made from 6061 due out later this year.
Ordered one to try on my comp EPC..have about .7mm of 'slop' now so a big improvement over what I started with (2.5mm). Shooting a local steel match on Tuesday so fingers crossed. If this works I'll order another one for the other EPC which is more of a backup/plinker.

Update - 7/16/23 This is the way. Not a single feed issue during the steel match plus another 600 rounds at the indoor range 'stress testing'. Going to dial in the semi short stroke buffer spacing a little better, cut a Delrin spacer for it and call it good. AP really needs to fix their factory EPC mag releases. Along with offering the updated part separately for purchase, right now it's only sold with the lower.

Aero part-Left / Macon part-Right
IMG_0150.jpeg

Last Edited:
I went with the old fashioned, tried and true, COLT AR-9. It just works and works.

My son's "Build/Fancy high dollar AR-9"?

Nah.

There is a lesson there.
Whether one would care to listen?
Well.........

"IT'S UP TO YOU."

Aloha, Mark

Are there any other options/ways to fix the mag height prob without this replacement? Just curious.
You can try twisting the mag release so the mag moves up until it just about touches the ejector. this fix didn't last very long for me but I'm using 41round extended mags.. I think the weight is too much

Just reach out to macon armory and get the updated mag catch. It fixes the issue. I have a stock pile of them so that any Aero that comes across my bench is upgraded. I've yet to have a single feeding issue after close to 10000 rounds on my test gun.

Just reach out to macon armory and get the updated mag catch. It fixes the issue. I have a stock pile of them so that any Aero that comes across my bench is upgraded. I've yet to have a single feeding issue after close to 10000 rounds on my test gun.
They've been sold out for months. Probably wouldn't be that way if people weren't stockpiling them 😉

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top