JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not entirely sure how hard it is to mess up an AR9 set up. Most that take Glock mags set the mag in a way that the bullets are practically pointing right at the chamber.

That's actually the entire issue. Rudy at Macon Armory has the fix. The magazine catch allows the magazine to sit too low in the upper causing a failure to feed. Aero built a really nice receiver set, as long as you finish it with Macon Armory's barrel, BCG, buffer, and magazine catch. I've got 2500+ rounds through mine, many in FA through a can, and mine haven't skipped a beat.

That's actually the entire issue. Rudy at Macon Armory has the fix. The magazine catch allows the magazine to sit too low in the upper causing a failure to feed. Aero built a really nice receiver set, as long as you finish it with Macon Armory's barrel, BCG, buffer, and magazine catch. I've got 2500+ rounds through mine, many in FA through a can, and mine haven't skipped a beat.
Ya lost me.

Ya lost me.
Sorry for the disjointed response. I shouldn't multi task and then return to finish a comment..

What I was poorly trying to say is; the issue people experience with the Aero EPC9 when feeding anything other than basic FMJ has to do with the magazine height in the lower receiver. You correctly called this out. The Aero factory mag catch allows the magazine to sit too low in the receiver, causing incorrect feed angle into the barrel.

Rudy at Macon Armory came up with a brilliant and inexpensive fix. He sells a replacement mag catch that retains the magazine higher in the lower receiver, resolving the feed issue that most people are experiencing.

He also sells a dead blow buffer that quite effectively reduces felt recoil. I run a combination of both the buffer and magazine catch and have over 2k rounds through mine without issue.

Sorry for the disjointed response. I shouldn't multi task and then return to finish a comment..

What I was poorly trying to say is; the issue people experience with the Aero EPC9 when feeding anything other than basic FMJ has to do with the magazine height in the lower receiver. You correctly called this out. The Aero factory mag catch allows the magazine to sit too low in the receiver, causing incorrect feed angle into the barrel.

Rudy at Macon Armory came up with a brilliant and inexpensive fix. He sells a replacement mag catch that retains the magazine higher in the lower receiver, resolving the feed issue that most people are experiencing.

He also sells a dead blow buffer that quite effectively reduces felt recoil. I run a combination of both the buffer and magazine catch and have over 2k rounds through mine without issue.
link to this mag catch?

Edit: https://maconarmory.com/product/aero-epc-mag-catch-upgrade/

Last Edited:
Thanks for the clarification. For a second I thought you were just trying to sell Macon Armory. I have no idea who that is or why it is relevant. Got a link to this product?

Here's the site:

And I apologize if that's how it came across. I have no affiliation with any company. I was reading the thread and saw you comment on magazine height in regards to feeding angle and figured I'd comment. That mag catch prevented me from selling my EPC, as it fixed the one issue I was having with it.

Here's the site:

And I apologize if that's how it came across. I have no affiliation with any company. I was reading the thread and saw you comment on magazine height in regards to feeding angle and figured I'd comment. That mag catch prevented me from selling my EPC, as it fixed the one issue I was having with it.
I wasn't even remotely aware of them. Thanks for sticking with it and explaining everything. Looks like it is OOS at the moment but it's reasonably price and I'll likely pick one up for mine in time. Thanks!

I wasn't even remotely aware of them. Thanks for sticking with it and explaining everything. Looks like it is OOS at the moment but it's reasonably price and I'll likely pick one up for mine in time. Thanks!
Looks definitely worthwhile

Heads up he just put more on his site. I reached out to him as I'm building an Aero EPC9 for my daughter and he let me know he just restocked the site. Good luck! Hopefully you see this before they're gone!

Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered the mag catch for mine. I haven't had feeding issues but I mostly shoot FMJ. What I do hope this will fix is the LRHO. Mine is very hit and miss, mostly miss.

Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered the mag catch for mine. I haven't had feeding issues but I mostly shoot FMJ. What I do hope this will fix is the LRHO. Mine is very hit and miss, mostly miss.
I only had that a few times using magpul mags, never with factory glock mags. I hope it helps you as well! I've not had the issue since swapping it out!

Buddy has an Aero 9. It's a gremlin. Mags don't feed right, hammer gets stuck on disconnector, rounds won't light off… all intermittently. Uses pmag insert system.

My experience with Angstadt, new 16" Faxon barrel, is 100% reliability (Glock mags), accuracy 1" 50yd red dot groups. Couldn't ask for better.

Buddy has an Aero 9. It's a gremlin. Mags don't feed right, hammer gets stuck on disconnector, rounds won't light off… all intermittently. Uses pmag insert system.

My experience with Angstadt, new 16" Faxon barrel, is 100% reliability (Glock mags), accuracy 1" 50yd red dot groups. Couldn't ask for better.
Doesn't sound like an EPC9. EPC9 uses Glock mags.

I have 2 EPC9s that ran great for months. 1 with a gen 1 AP barrel and the other with an odinworks barrel. They both suddenly stopped feeding 115gr after about 3k rounds. How is that a barrel issue? Who knows? what I did notice is the amount of slop in the magwell after I started having issues... about 2.2-2.5mm of play up and down. I'm using 30rd Glock mags with TTI +10 mag extenders. I suspect that the weight of the loaded extended mags was causing the
factory mag release to twist over time, increasing the magwell slop and introducing FTF malfunctions. I removed both mag releases and twisted them slightly so that the mag retainer pawl moves up Just enough so there was about .6mm (1 utility razor blade width) from the metal lip of the mag to the bottom edge of the extractor… this fixed both EPC9s. Not a single FTF with 115gr or 124gr after about 1000 rounds each. I contacted AP about this and they stated the mag release is not the problem….gotta call Bravo Sierra here. Their factory mag release must be made from playdohium because it took zero effort to twist the mag release to fix. This part needs to be made out of tool steel or at least aircraft grade aluminum…that part (radius) is too long between the fulcrum pin and pawl.

I have 2 EPC9s that ran great for months. 1 with a gen 1 AP barrel and the other with an odinworks barrel. They both suddenly stopped feeding 115gr after about 3k rounds. How is that a barrel issue? Who knows? what I did notice is the amount of slop in the magwell after I started having issues... about 2.2-2.5mm of play up and down. I'm using 30rd Glock mags with TTI +10 mag extenders. I suspect that the weight of the loaded extended mags was causing the
factory mag release to twist over time, increasing the magwell slop and introducing FTF malfunctions. I removed both mag releases and twisted them slightly so that the mag retainer pawl moves up Just enough so there was about .6mm (1 utility razor blade width) from the metal lip of the mag to the bottom edge of the extractor… this fixed both EPC9s. Not a single FTF with 115gr or 124gr after about 1000 rounds each. I contacted AP about this and they stated the mag release is not the problem….gotta call Bravo Sierra here. Their factory mag release must be made from playdohium because it took zero effort to twist the mag release to fix. This part needs to be made out of tool steel or at least aircraft grade aluminum…that part (radius) is too long between the fulcrum pin and pawl.
I played around with a mag release replacement from Macon Armory - same thing. Took out all the slop.

I have home built ar-9s all with rock river mag block adapters (colt style) fmi feed perfect. Hollow points on the other hand have to be a certain profile to work remington , rmr hollow points work awesome.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top