JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Is your HD handgun suppressed?

• Yes, it is!

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • No, but I am seriously considering doing so.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Nope. Don't see the need.

Votes: 24 52.2%
  • No and it isn't legally an option where I am in the world.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Um, eh (bromp!), what wuz duh ques'n again?

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
Great product but pricey.

I'm planning on suppressing my HD guns. Just need to save up. Suppressors are so damn expensive.

If your using normal velocity Ammo the gun will still be loud but suppressed there is less sound on the shooters end. Especially with a rifle. 130-140 db is still really loud. Still loud enough to possibly cause hearing damage.

Also, I hear people mention they want their neighbors to hear the gun shots so they will call the police, I'm not so confident that would happen. My one negligent discharge was in a condo in a small complex and no one called the police. I hear things that may or may not be gun shots every night (NE Portland). There is no way I would know which neighbors house it was coming from or if it was fire crackers or some other loud sound. What I'm saying so that gun shots are fairly easily muffled in the house.

Last Edited:
Great product but pricey.

I'm planning on suppressing my HD guns. Just need to save up. Suppressors are so damn expensive.

If your using normal velocity Ammo the gun will still be loud but suppressed there is less sound on the shooters end (bs being louder on the shooters end). Especially with a rifle. 130-140 db is still really loud. Still loud enough to possibly cause hearing damage.

Also, I hear people mention they want their neighbors to hear the gun shots so they will call the police, I'm not so confident that would happen. My one negligent discharge was in a condo in a small complex and no one called the police. I hear things that may or may not be gun shots every night (NE Portland). There is no way I would know which neighbors house it was coming from or if it was fire crackers or some other loud sound. What I'm saying so that gun shots are fairly easily muffled in the house.
My neighbors and their comfort definitely have zero weight on my decision to use/not use a suppressor. Heaven forbid I ruin their beauty sleep while I try desperately to not die :rolleyes:

vlcsnap-2021-04-20-12h31m23s665.png

My neighbors and their comfort definitely have zero weight on my decision to use/not use a suppressor. Heaven forbid I ruin their beauty sleep while I try desperately to not die :rolleyes:
I think you misunderstood what I was talking about. Some people say a plus to not using a suppressor is your neighbors will hear and call the police. I was saying, don't count on your neighbors to call the police. Even unsuppressed gun shots in the house are not very loud if your in the house next door. Unsuppressed your neighbors might not even wake up.

Last Edited:
I'd love to suppress my HD guns. I just can't afford to. Living on SS doesn't leave me much room for an $800. outlay just to keep it quiet (er). If I plan ahead a few months in advance, I can pick up something I'd really like. And right now there's other things I'd really like other than a suppressor.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top