JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's a good-looking set:

A bit over a hundo plus $76 for the tube (saw a few on ebay for under $20) makes the "conversion" more economical than I remember it being so it could be that my memory is off by a bit.

The 590 has a plastic trigger guard and safety, the 590A1 has heavy-walled barrels; metal trigger guard and safety buttons.
Normally I'd be 100% on board for the metal stuff vs plastic stuff... but from what I hear l the 590A1's metal trigger guard tends to be brittle and can break whereas the plastic guard is more forgiving.

I have a 500 and a 590 and can confirm the plastic trigger guards on both

If I wanted a gun similarly equipped and could promise myself not to run through ship hatches and bend my barrel (because I do that a lot, yeah), I'd just buy this for $399:

3DB1DF3D-B7D8-48BC-B505-624DC2EDF4C6.jpeg

Its a 500 and plenty tough. Lighter too.

If I wanted a gun similarly equipped and could promise myself not to run through ship hatches and bend my barrel (because I do that a lot, yeah), I'd just buy this for $399:

View attachment 637975

Its a 500 and plenty tough. Lighter too.
Hell yes. Now that price I could easily live with. After all who is going to shoot it enough to "wear out" a 500. That looks nice and the price looks real nice.

What is this one?

Its the Mossberg 500 Tactical 8-Shot. Runs $399 as pictured. Same action as a 590, but has a lighter barrel and the magazine tube threads/cap aren't as adaptable. But, if you wanted a tactical shotgun that wasn't going to double as a lug wrench, this ain't bad. Comes standard with heat shield. Like the 590, it has polymer safety switch and trigger guard.

I have a 590A1 or two and they are more front-heavy due to the heavier barrel.

Oh actually, there is a retrograde model of the 500 as well, not sure why i didn't see this earlier, sans the heat shield, but that's not hard or expensive to add on?
MSRP of $519 and street price of around $330-ish

It has a smaller mag than the 590, 5 instead of 8, no ghost rings and an 18.5" barrel instead of the 20" on the 590A1 and it's blued instead of parkerized.

1575520133414.png

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top