JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1575496891315.png

I saw Mossberg post this image today, looks like a modified 500 Retrograde, but with sights and barrel guard, anyone know for sure?

So looks like this, + heat shield and sights. (500)
1575497527319.png

Looks like this, but with wood furniture and sights. (590)
1575497497579.png

Ooh, seems you can get the heat shield on it's own from Mossberg for the 500 and the 590.
1575497637155.png

Good LORD! $900?
I looked long and hard... took actual YEARS to find a wood-stocked replacement for my stolen-but-much-beloved M500 (C. 1987) at a reasonable price. I finally found a factory demonstrator reissue of their "Trench Gun" (handled but unfired) on Gunbroker a few yrs ago but it lacked the "corncob" fore end of the M590... an M500 w 18" bbl, heat shield, and wood furniture. Cool and all but... $900?

Nope.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... sights. Neat.
$900?

Nope.

Yeah, the issue is that it's the 590A1 platform they put the wood stock and barrel shield on. So you've got, what? 8+1 and the rest of the 590A1 gubbins, including the ghost ring sights.

I'll bet one could put something very similar together for WAY less scratch. Gives me ideas......:cool:
Any wood Mossberg stock will work. The spendy part is the fore end... polymer fore ends (pump, slide, whatever) have the action bars attatched directly to them. Wood fore ends require a sleeve to attach the action bars and make converting a Maverick 88 or discount store M500 to wood furniture false economy: a $200 Maverick 88 + $200+ in ebay wood nets a $400 investment in a $200 shotgun.

Trust me, bro... I tried to make it pencil-out and couldn't do it.

With this kind of silliness going on:
20191204_144304.jpg
I doubt that wood conversions will get any cheaper. :s0113:

Last Edited:
Any wood Mossberg stock will work. The spendy part is the fore end... polymer fore ends (pump, slide, whatever) have the action bars attatched directly to them. Wood fore ends require a sleeve to attach the action bars and make converting a Maverick 88 or discount store M500 to wood furniture false economy: a $200 Maverick 88 + $200+ in ebay wood nets a $400 investment in a $200 shotgun.

Trust me, bro... I tried to make it pencil-out and couldn't do it.

Good info!

I converted my Wife's 500 to include the sleeve so i could fit the Magpul fore end, i don't remember it costing anywhere near that much.

In fact, here it is, it's gone up $10 since i bought it a few years ago.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top