JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a Mossberg 590a1 shotgun that I wanted to do some minor upgrades to start. Ran into an issue which has a very simple solution.

I put on a Monstrum rail on it for my Razor red dot

I also installed the Monstum safety switch. Slide the action to the rear. The stock switch is held in by one of those one-way screws (why? I don't know why). So I go to You Tube for help. One guy gets a hammer and a flat head and taps it to put a bite in it, but not me-- no hammers and sideways tapping at the screws for me. Solution: take a flathead that fully fits the screw head. Put a small piece of masking/painters tape over the head of the screw and kinda push down into the 'slot'. With the flathead push straight down and gently turn the screw. It should begin to turn. STOP here. Remove the tape

Have your new parts laid out in front of you. Put your thumb down onto the back end of the stock safety and hold down firmly. Underneath that is a tiny ball that sits on a spring. Slowly raise up the switch, plate and screw. Take that flat metal plate off and put under the new switch (The ball will fit into the middle hole on the plate). It is easier to insert the screw into the new switch to help in aiming into the screw hole. Make sure to hold the new switch down until the screw is seated. Do a function test. The real trick to this is using the painters tape to remove the old screw, throw it away! Note: If you do not slide the action to the rear, when you remove the switch the guts will fall into the shotgun and then you must dismantle it.

IMG_0570.jpeg IMG_0571.jpeg IMG_0569.jpeg