JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Aimpoint comp M2 counterfeit? Say it ain't so! :eek:

Looking at this..

Reviews says it's pretty good, maybe not as durable/long lasting as the PRO version but... hmm.
I have one, been 100% reliable.

Aimpoint comp M2 counterfeit? Say it ain't so! :eek: (edit; I mean I know that the Vortex and PA versions are copies/counterfeit of the M2.....)

Looking at this..

Reviews says it's pretty good, maybe not as durable/long lasting as the PRO version but... hmm.
I was talking about the Chinese made stuff :s0140:

Not a hard decision for many. There are budget-minded people that will not spend as much on an optic that is equal to or more than the gun is worth. Could buy another gun with that money. There are many out there that will spend 100s on named branded or popular optic. Sure, they are quality and proven products. But if the cheaper product work well for you, then you had saved some money.
Almost like buying named branded clothing, some don't want to be seen with Walmart clothing compare to say Nike or Mountain Hard Wear but they all work the same.
The question is: how much do you want to spend?

Now you just need a Wilson to keep up with the Jones's. Sorry @Joe13 :s0140:
Meh, I've had a couple of them before. Along with a Ed Brown, Les Baer and an awesome Delta Gold Cup worked over by Gary Reeder. That 1911 rabbit hole gets real expensive, real fast! BT,DT.

Back on topic: I agree with sticking to quality optics manufacturers. The trigger and the optic provide a huge majority of the feedback a shooting iron gives to the shooter. Spend most your money on those items and upgrade other things as you see fit.

Meh, I've had a couple of them before. Along with a Ed Brown, Les Baer and an awesome Delta Gold Cup worked over by Gary Reeder. That 1911 rabbit hole gets real expensive, real fast! BT,DT.

Back on topic: I agree with sticking to quality optics manufacturers. The trigger and the optic provide a huge majority of the feedback a shooting iron gives to the shooter. Spend most your money on those items and upgrade other things as you see fit.
Wait, then why were you complaining about a $300 trigger job?

There is insurances in getting a known brand like Eotech and Aimpoint. They may be outdated, but they are guaranteed to work.

That said, lots of the lesser known brands have made huge strides in the last 10-15 years and while the QC isn't the same as bigger names, they have grown great reputations. Some are, at least in my opinion, growing to overcome the bigger names.

I like to gauge things of what competitors use. They beat the crap out of their stuff. Err, I sort of do too. They also use their stuff much more frequently than the average gun owner that might put a hundred or less rounds, if that, through any of their guns a month.

Go to a 3 gun match. Or a USPSA or IPSC match. They will let you know what works and what doesn't.

Comparing the two I have, Vortex v Aimpoint PRO…

Neither has let me down per se but the Aimpoint does feel more durable in the hand. Not that I would ever find out, doing just 3gun and speed comps.

The Aimpoint has a smaller overall footprint (though it's close) and a slightly larger field of view through the optic.

I prefer the Aimpoint's knob adjustment over the buttons on the vortex.

The Aimpoint glass changes the color of the world to a cooler tone. Vortex is clean. Both have about the same red dot distortion at high powers.

The Aimpoint has nothing coming off the left side of the optic where the vortex has the buttons. I'm left eye dominant and put the dot as close to my right eye as possible - helps me see it faster when shooting both eyes open without having to tell my brain to switch eye focus. The vortex's buttons clutter up some of my left eye's view doing this.

I could make either of them work for my use cases but the Aimpoint is a better optic. And the scalarworks mount wipes the floor with Vortex, so…not even worth the comparison.

9415EA65-9B05-4AF3-87FF-5CA2396832B3.jpeg

I think they are a great value and often overlooked because they don't have the "gone to war" glamour to them.
I don't recall ever seeing the RRA Dominator rail/sight series having gone to war with Eotech holo sights.. though plenty of police carbines.. which also fits the Doublestar Ace ARFX fixed stock and 16" M4 profile barrel :D

I should probably add that on more than one occasion, I've had my friends wife tell me I'm a bad influence, so you probably shouldn't listen to me....
Damn does that bring memories! :s0140:
Couple years ago young guy I worked with had no gun for home protection. I kept trying to loan him one. He finally bought a nice house shotgun. So I gifted him a bandoleer full of buck and slugs. He got home threw it on to show his wife. Her first comment was "you can't hang around with him any more". :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top