JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So buy more of them! lol. The same could be said about assault weapons and high cap mags, would you turn those over too?
Can't speak for others but yes. When they take the brace mine will sadly be gone. I wish the gun owners would stop sitting on their hands but, not going to happen. So I will not be willing to risk the huge cost of keeping them after they do away with them

Can't speak for others but yes. When they take the brace mine will sadly be gone. I wish the gun owners would stop sitting on their hands but, not going to happen. So I will not be willing to risk the huge cost of keeping them after they do away with them
What do you think happened to the millions of bump fire stocks? People just didn't throw them away lol…. They just don't leave houses anymore. People had better take a stand somewhere. Don't hand over all your guns one day in 10-20 years…you should know history always repeats itself. Don't be a sheep! Be the wolf.

Last Edited:
So buy more of them! lol. The same could be said about assault weapons and high cap mags, would you turn those over too?
It's not the same. The arm brace thing is on the chopping blocks right now . It's not a question of turning them over. Within 3 months or less the comments period will be over and they will be ruled SBRs ( because...that's what they are ). At that point it's either neuter them into something legal without a stamp or stamp it as an SBR. You can keep a brace on it without papers if that suits you but you might as well put a stock on it or make it a machine gun if you are going to violate the NFA anyway.

It's not the same. The arm brace thing is on the chopping blocks right now . It's not a question of turning them over. Within 3 months or less the comments period will be over and they will be ruled SBRs ( because...that's what they are ). At that point it's either neuter them into something legal without a stamp or stamp it as an SBR. You can keep a brace on it without papers if that suits you but you might as well put a stock on it or make it a machine gun if you are going to violate the NFA anyway.
....and just like that, millions of uncontrolled and undocumented firearms become controlled and documented. Because 3 JBTs at ATF made a list

I was going to SBR a PPS-43c, if it was just a quick $200 online. But then I heard you have to engrave the receiver which could be a pita.
Yeah you have to engrave SBRs. No big deal. $25 to $30 most places. They can burn through the slots onto the barrel.

PXL_20210616_144437009.jpg

What do you think happened to the millions of bump fire stocks? People just didn't throw them away lol…. They just don't leave houses anymore. People had better take a stand somewhere. Don't be a Jew and hand over all your guns one day in 10-20 years…you should know history always repeats itself. Don't be a sheep! Be the wolf.
Others can do anything they wish and LOL all they want. When you see all the ads for "fuel filters" that are of course sold to use as suppressors a lot of LOL'ing going on there. Not me. All this laughing suddenly comes to an end when one of them is in front of some black robe. Suddenly its not funny at all any more. So you are welcome to poke the bear, I choose not too. :s0092:

Others can do anything they wish and LOL all they want. When you see all the ads for "fuel filters" that are of course sold to use as suppressors a lot of LOL'ing going on there. Not me. All this laughing suddenly comes to an end when one of them is in front of some black robe. Suddenly its not funny at all any more. So you are welcome to poke the bear, I choose not too. :s0092:
If someone told you that all guns were now illegal you are telling me you would willingly hand them over? If so, you need to grow a pair man.

Oh look. This thread divulged into more hoopla and fear mongering!

:s0093:

Im honestly surprised that some here even own guns at all, since then the scary gooberment will hunt them down and rape their dogs just because scary guns!!!

Oh look. This thread divulged into more hoopla and fear mongering!

:s0093:

Im honestly surprised that some here even own guns at all, since then the scary gooberment will hunt them down and rape their dogs just because scary guns!!!
Hey look how many people are just sure the smart phone is "spying" on them. :s0092:
An amazing number of people really picture buildings with a sea of workers watching and logging everything they do. I have to guess people who really believe this probably really believe that if they jump through the hoops to buy an NFA item someone will be "watching them".
If someone really is keeping this close tabs I often have to wonder why some places have such horrendous crime. Guess they are too busy logging the movements of people like me to stop the scum? :s0140:

Hey look how many people are just sure the smart phone is "spying" on them. :s0092:
An amazing number of people really picture buildings with a sea of workers watching and logging everything they do. I have to guess people who really believe this probably really believe that if they jump through the hoops to buy an NFA item someone will be "watching them".
If someone really is keeping this close tabs I often have to wonder why some places have such horrendous crime. Guess they are too busy logging the movements of people like me to stop the scum? :s0140:
Whoever has been watching me is probably regretting their career choice at this point. You can only clean your eyes so much.

If someone told you that all guns were now illegal you are telling me you would willingly hand them over? If so, you need to grow a pair man.
This is a straw argument. The thread is about pistols vs SBRs and the actual hassle of living with either. I actually lean towards the SBR route on this particular build separate from my other rifles & pistols.

This wasn't an "all guns" debate especially since a lot of guns and others have zero paper trail. We found a few homemade shotguns when my grandfather died. He was a preacher and an Oklahoma farm boy.

Anyway, as of now both AR pistols and SBRs have their benefits. I'm all in for "fight the power" but not in a silly way. Being free to fight is the best way to fight. No need to get trapped with low hanging fruit.

When the DC sniper scumbags were doing their thing, the dot gov geniuses believed they were using an AK74 variant, so they did their thing checking the databases and went out investigating people within a certain area who had purchased those rifles. If I remember correctly, one of the members from gunsnet.net got paid a visit. In the end, an AR was used, but still....

No need to get trapped with low hanging fruit.
If one is being honest with oneself, and not reading too much on the internet.

You might realize that "pistol braces" are more of a low hanging fruit than SBRs.

Once they put the axe down on braces, I'll still be able to take my SBR out to the range. Those that now have illegal SBRs will put them away for good (IE bumpstocks), disassemble them, sell them before the law is passed, and or SBR them. Sure one can argue that there are millions of them and mass non compliance might force their hand. Maybe, but any honest gun owner knows, that braces were a legal work around to SBR NFA laws and it was truly only a matter of time. Governing agencies have caught on, for whatever reasons it really doesn't matter, and they are not entirely thrilled. While they are not going to actively look for all the braces, like bumpstocks, it will be used against those that are not perfect. IE, a minor infraction of the law, and in possession of an illegal SBR, will equal more trouble than a minor infraction of the law and a legal SBR. Just like owning a registered legal select fire will not equate to time in prison for a random infraction. Where as an illegal full auto found for whatever reason will get you prison time almost always.

To SBR or not to SBR that is the question!

It is up to you as I see both sides, we all are on so many lists that it's not funny so being added to one more is not an issue.

To me it's paying 200 dollars so I can put a stock and forward grip on a gun I have owned for 20 years. I have owned AR pistols with rifle buffer tubes forever and was happy with them so when the braces came along, I got several, more as a novelty item than as a user item but also to prove the point that SBRs should not be on the NFA list because if Braced Pistols and SBRs are the same gun and no real crime wave has happened then why are they regulated.

But I do feel that the ATF will lose the brace case in court if fully implemented because after 8 years they are in common use and many of these guns were purchased with braces and marked as pistols on the 4473 and not as rifles. Pistols they have had 8 years to stop from being built and sold and they chose not to.

They also admit they do not evaluate accessory's and want to re-define a rifle to include having a stock or a brace and they do not have the right to change law only congress can, so we will have to wait and see.

So, if you want to SBR it, go for it as it is your choice.

I'm done with "pistols" and trying to keep up with the laws.

I SBR'ed mine and won't look back. :)

I tend to think the ATF made an agregoius error in categorizing them as pistols in the first place. Just because they violated the letter of the law doesn't mean they will continue to do so or that the courts would allow it if and when it does make it to court. An ADA compliant buttstock is still a buttstock. I think the best that will come out of this is a blanket amnesty with free stamps. I'm SBR'ing EVERYTHING if that happens as in every gun I own. It does screw those in no SBR states though.

The gun community did this to themselves…. The pistol brace was intended for people who had a disability or needed assistance in handling the firearm. But…. All the hard charging patriots came out and started utilizing the braces as stocks (not their intended use) to skirt around the NFA and a tax stamp. It was only a matter of time. Now you are dealing with the consequences. Not that I agree but it is what it is.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top