JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have noticed 2 recent threads that have been removed in the Ammo Classifieds. One of which was my own.
Where should fellow NWF patrons post there discontent with others that posting ammo at highly inflated prices for one reason only and that is profiteering. Also the growing population willing to pay these outrageous prices either because they are miss informed or desperate and unwilling to not shoot that particular caliber until the retail supply catches up.
I understand that thread cropping is against the rules but we're is it stated that starting a sarcastic thread is. (Granted I haven't looked yet and will most likely be corrected).
Thanks for reading and have a great day.

Pretty sure if you posted an off topic thread in the classifieds section that's a pretty good reason for it to be moved/deleted.

I was under the assumption that the classifieds section was strictly for sales and purchases and not discussion (Unless you're also selling ammo and discussing it, I guess.)

Moving the thread to a proper section I understand but removing it altogether without a heads up to the OP as to why said subject was removed is a little rude to me.
Certaindeaf,
I can hear you but can't understand a word you are saying. What is the American way, getting screwed by your brothers in arms.

Wow, I thought anti-NWFA threads would stop. Guess I'm wrong. Site owners have the right to delete/move/edit threads as they see fit. It certainly is NOT a violation of the 1st nor does it mean they are against said Amendment. It means its their site and they can and should moderate it according to the rules that YOU agreed to when joining.

I, by NO means, agree with the ridiculous ammo prices some members try to sell for. I just ignore their crap-tastic threads and move on.

Have a nice day.

I could care less what price people list anything for. If it's not a good deal to me then I move on. If someone is able to sell a brick of 22 for$100 good for them. No one has an obligation to price there belonging at what price I feel is fair... get over the "it's not fair" mentality. Nobody owes me or you anything.

Milb. You are right no one owes me or anyone else anything. It is funny how when you get some time to think things over how your comment become petty and plain stupid. Lol.
Oh yeah, I am not ANTI-NWFA in any way at all and you are right the owner or mods have the right to move and delete threads at there will as i agreed to when i joined. I just think a heads up would be the decent thing to give a guy when his thread is deleted.
Thanks for everyone that took there time to respond and share there thoughts with me.

Being one who has had his wiener smacked by a moderator for thread crapping in the classifieds, I was pretty aware of the possible consequences for participating in one of those threads you speak of.

I didn't receive any disciplinary action for my participation, did you.

I would imagine had the thread been posted in off topic or elsewhere it might not have been deleted.

Not so sure it can be related to the 1st, being it was posted in the wrong forum. I agree a message or something could have been sent but you had to have known it might be deleted/moved or something.

Last Edited:
growing population willing to pay these outrageous prices

=

Rise in value/worth of product.

How is this not American, again?

Yet, an off topic post is clearly against the rules. Yet, an add for goods not against the rules. It would seem the Mods have a brain and adhere to the rules...

It would seem that deleting an off topic post would be more American than NWF "regulating" the sale of a particular type of round.

But correct me if I'm wrong.

Eagle

=

Rise in value/worth of product.

How is this not American, again?

Yet, an off topic post is clearly against the rules. Yet, an add for goods not against the rules. It would seem the Mods have a brain and adhere to the rules...

It would seem that deleting an off topic post would be more American than NWF "regulating" the sale of a particular type of round.

But correct me if I'm wrong.

Eagle

I think deleting posts could be construed as "un-American" in a strict sense of things. A true "American" approach would respect the right of the one person to say what they wanted regarding the sale of ammo and the practices of those persons. Provided the comment does not venture into the threats against one's person. This, while also respecting the right of the other to sell a product legally for whatever price they want. The phrase "If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen" seems to apply when I think of this topic.

However the greater American value of "it's my ball and I will take it and just go home" seems to trump all. As was correctly posted earlier, at the outset we all had to agree to the Terms of Service. There will be times you may run afoul of the rules and a post gets moved, deleted or locked. It happens regularly. However I think the very fact that this particular thread has remained open for comment is an indicator that the volunteer moderators and the admin are not anti-American or anti 1st amendment.

They are simply folks doing the best they can at trying to keep things from getting out of hand. Therefore the "American/un-American" equation is not even part of it.

Just my thoughts.

I also had my non violating ad removed and then the thread questioning the removal taken down, I sent a personal question to a mod with no reply or explanation in return. People with the power to remove ads not in any violation but just not liked by them are far worse than thread crappers.

Joe, would you please weigh in on this directly and not someone you gave a cape too.

I know I'm not a supporting member anylonger any treatment has reflected it.

Does someone have the right to ask what they wish for something here or not?

I changed the title of the post due to it being harsh, uncalled for, wrong context and plain wrong choice of words.
For this I am sorry to Joe and anyone else it may have upset.

My only question is where has all the "American/Un - American" stuff come from? Certaindeaf said "It's the American way" in the third post but the context seems to have changed now?

Moving the thread to a proper section I understand but removing it altogether without a heads up to the OP as to why said subject was removed is a little rude to me.
Certaindeaf,
I can hear you but can't understand a word you are saying. What is the American way, getting screwed by your brothers in arms.
Last I heard one must have incurred actual damage to have standing/ground.

I am not trying to be rude Certaindeaf but what are you referring to or saying in post #13. It is all so cryptic to me. Maybe i am to simple to get your thoughts.

I also had my non violating ad removed and then the thread questioning the removal taken down, I sent a personal question to a mod with no reply or explanation in return. People with the power to remove ads not in any violation but just not liked by them are far worse than thread crappers.
Please explain how your sarcastic ad was not in violation of the rules for posting in the classifieds. I did not take it seriously and I'm guessing others did not also.

Did you seriously think I was actually going to trade you my car plus cash for a brick of 22lr?

It was a joke plain and simple and non of us were reprimanded for it.;)

I had fun with it thanks for posting it.

It was a for sale ad that was not breaking any rules plain and simple, I can't control others interpretation.

You turned over a new leaf rapidly aye?

I feel the ads for 50 dollar bricks are a joke, do I or anyone have the right to remove? We sure can't suggest there bubblegums or we get in trouble. Go 2A just not 1A.

If you have a hard on for these people them P.M. your discontent, a lot of us here do that for our satisfaction. Why get your panties in a bunch & make waves?

If this is a question to me, only thing that has my "panties in a bunch" is my ad deleted without reason.
Was my price to high for NWFA? Is there limits?

It did turn out to be a fun thread I for that I apologize if that was the problem.

I don't get hard ons for guys with ammo personally, find some pricing ridiculous and figured I'd jump on the band Wagon and maybe have some fun.

I also made a thread asking if there was a potential software problem or just classic sensorship and it too was deleted with no reasoning.

jluck

The moderator who deleted your threads should have let you know why.

The staff needs to inform its members of this otherwise it can lead to threads just like this one.

There would be less damage control on their end, if done in this manner.

Alright you guys! ( looks like I missed the fun.) I'm going to report this thread so we can get to the bottom of this!

Mike

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads