JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you shoot someone, God forbid, you must attend to his first aid after he has stopped being a threat. That includes calling for EMS and possibly rendering first aid on your own.
Geneva convention doesn't apply in this instance. I am not a law enforcement officer or a soldier (anymore) and feel no obligation to care for someone who would not do the same for me.

What about all the cameras? Hilarious, the banks have to wait for a number of banks to get robbed before they can even start to find anyone.

I am not disputing your position on this, just presenting a different and my perspective. In the scenario presented, the bank robber has presented and is pointing a firearm at some one in the commission of a felony crime. Avoidance is best of course, and you will have to make some quick determinations as to what level of mental instability they are in. If it appears this is a rob, get the money and leave, then by all means remain in cover and let it happen. If some one already has a person (s) at gunpoint, you are at a complete tactical disadvantage, and attempting to draw is likely going to get you shot. Only being on scene and being able to assess the criminals intent is going to help you make that decision.

Again, if the other person has a weapon presented, you have to consider what type of weapon, distance, context of the situation, and what level is the threat at. Who has control of the situation is key here. First person with a weapon at ready is already in control of the situation. Everything is reactive at this point.

Intent, expression of intent, intimidating behavior, context of situation all play a part in this decision. An old (er) person as myself is going to be much quicker on the draw than a younger more capable person that could go hands on much better.

There are always a lot of assumptions made that if someone has a weapon at ready you will be able to draw, challenge and convince that person not to use that weapon against you. Not going to happen. If the other person has a gun at ready and is within effective range, your options are very limited in a one on one situation. If there are multiple people present in the scenario, you have a better chance to control the situation, my training has been to eliminate the threat without any challenge.
no objections, your honor

Well, the one thing that none of the news reports that I have read or seen touch on regarding this incident is whether the fellow that took the robber down was able to determine that the gun was not real.

How difficult is it to spot a replica gun? Could it be done from say, 8 to 9 feet away?

Or could someone even stay cool enough under such extreme stress, to be able to do that?

I thought the answer to spotting a replica was simple until the other day someone posted a quiz with that exact issue on here. I could easily tell with some but others there is no way unless you happen to be looking down the barrel in which case many folks would not know the dif between airsoft and .22.

Either way I have the issue of fight instead of flight in me and would probably try to protect folks if I could. However getting shot over insured money is not on my to do list.

Worrying about whether a presented gun being used in the commission of a felony is a replica or not is not even on my concern list and will get no consideration or evaluation. To even have the delay of that consideration could get you very dead.

Worrying about whether a presented gun being used in the commission of a felony is a replica or not is not even on my concern list and will get no consideration or evaluation. To even have the delay of that consideration could get you very dead.

Very much agreed. Shoot them if possible or necessary but trying to decide if the gun is real or not will likely be the end of you.

Which One.jpg

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR