JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
File a report against the officer, it will always follow him and he will be questioned about it in the future during reveiws and when he wants a different position. People dont do it enough and "the man" gets away scott free to do this highly questionable act to another citizen in a hurry. You have every right to feel upset. I talked with my attorney about this when I had something like this happen to me. File the report , then have a beer and calm down feeling better knowing that cop will think twice pulling someone over for what should have been considered a prank call.

Just saw how long ago the post started. Next time just go straight to the police station and file the report against the officer. really people dont do it enough and cops dont rule the road, we the people pay for it.(everybody knows truckers rule the road)

File a report against the officer, it will always follow him and he will be questioned about it in the future during reveiws and when he wants a different position. People dont do it enough and "the man" gets away scott free to do this highly questionable act to another citizen in a hurry. You have every right to feel upset. I talked with my attorney about this when I had something like this happen to me. File the report , then have a beer and calm down feeling better knowing that cop will think twice pulling someone over for what should have been considered a prank call.

Just saw how long ago the post started. Next time just go straight to the police station and file the report against the officer. really people dont do it enough and cops dont rule the road, we the people pay for it.(everybody knows truckers rule the road)

Dude... read my first post. The officer didn't do anything wrong. You can file a complaint against him, and it will go into his file- but he won't care, and it will NOT influence how he operates.......... Because he was well within his scope of authority to do what he did.

When was the last time you saw bkb0000 defend the poe-leese?

Actually most cops care if complaints are filed against them as they follow them the rest of their career. Every complaint goes into an officers permant file, there is no way to remove them, even if false alligetions. Most cops dont like to see it, and it does effect how they recieve promotions. If an officer is getting complaints regularly they stay a beat cop. Or can even get moved back to a paper pusher. Ask a police officer if you know any. I have known a couple and they really dont like it. People need to stand up to the police and this is how one would go about it the "right" way. Do some research, go to a police station and ask. How else would one let the department know that you feel the officer was act on wrong information, or at least a highly questionable call in.

Actually most cops care if complaints are filed against them as they follow them the rest of their career. Every complaint goes into an officers permant file, there is no way to remove them, even if false alligetions. Most cops dont like to see it, and it does effect how they recieve promotions. If an officer is getting complaints regularly they stay a beat cop. Or can even get moved back to a paper pusher. Ask a police officer if you know any. I have known a couple and they really dont like it. People need to stand up to the police and this is how one would go about it the "right" way. Do some research, go to a police station and ask. How else would one let the department know that you feel the officer was act on wrong information, or at least a highly questionable call in.

Don't "actually" me, holms. I'm intimately familiar with the process. Dooshbags will occasionally file complaints against cops for things that don't warrant complaint. It sort of sucks for the cop, but it happens, and rarely does a cop get through a career without at least one or two complaints filed at some point.

But let's get back to the heart of this mini debate- Why should the OP file a complaint against a cop who did nothing wrong?

Actually, I feel your wrong, and this man felt the officer shouldnt of pulled him over, the cop has to see you doing something wrong legally to give a ticket, and did not so the fact he pulled him over is what we are talking about. The officer could have let the guy go by him as long as he didnt do anything wrong while in the officers sights. But the officer felt he needed to stop the guy. the guy posted on here because he was so upset. this man sounds like he feels wronged. that is reason enough to file a report against a police officer. People really dont do it enough, and they are tons of "bad" cops out there because of it. Sorry you dont like what I have to say but then again you dont have to read it, if it breaks your heart so much to hear about cops having a report filed against them, then dont do it but I do and will continue to if I feel wronged by the police.

Actually, I feel your wrong, and this man felt the officer shouldnt of pulled him over, the cop has to see you doing something wrong legally to give a ticket, and did not so the fact he pulled him over is what we are talking about. The officer could have let the guy go by him as long as he didnt do anything wrong while in the officers sights. But the officer felt he needed to stop the guy. the guy posted on here because he was so upset. this man sounds like he feels wronged. that is reason enough to file a report against a police officer. People really dont do it enough, and they are tons of "bad" cops out there because of it. Sorry you dont like what I have to say but then again you dont have to read it, if it breaks your heart so much to hear about cops having a report filed against them, then dont do it but I do and will continue to if I feel wronged by the police.

For future reference- please don't ever take my side in a NWFA debate, even if you agree with me.

For future reference- please don't ever take my side in a NWFA debate, even if you agree with me.
So its your way of the highway? And if he agrees with you it is still the highway?
But let's get back to the heart of this mini debate- Why should the OP file a complaint against a cop who did nothing wrong?
The cop did nothing right either. The OP didn't leave enlightened, just pissed. So the cop failed. Is that complaint worthy? Not in my opinion but I am not the OP.

Regardless of why he says he pulled you over. Even if he gave you a ticket. He couldn't prove it in court, because he most certainly did not witness the action.

So um..

He used the excuse to check you out and make sure you were not drinking or whatever..

I got rolled last night because my front plate is on the dash. The front plate fell off the car some time ago, and some months went by, I finally decided to try to reattach it.. The existing holes are too worn in the plastic bumper and couldn't get a solid fitment. So to the dash it went for now..

He was all over us like stink on bubblegum as soon as he went by the other way. Just looking for the excuse to pull people over and check for alcohol smell, etc.. Its what police do.

As always. Just keep your mouth shut. :)

It sure as hell didn't improve the LEO / Public relations. Of course the other day I wanted a City Police Officer to cite a guy for ramming my bosses car (three times) in a parking lot. Officer told me that although it's obvious he hit my bosses car, he didn't see it so he cannot cite him - even for leaving the scene.

I am too lazy to write out my whole story. But, I got cited for reckless driving based off a phoned in complaint. I believe they did press charges or sign a complaint. A person said I cut them off, and made them hit the curb. It is my understanding the officer cannot give you a normal traffic violation ticket based off of a third party complaint, but the officer can cite you for a "traffic crime," like reckless, if he believes you are guilty. I ended up paying to get their alignment done, and got the charges reduced to careless driving, I think.

In this particular case, I know that I misjudged traffic, and cut in front of someone. I did not see if they swerved into the curb. Although, being cited for reckless driving seemed a little extreme. Especially since a penalty for reckless driving is jail time and loss of your license for 1 year.

I'm having a real hard time understanding how you guys can have such a problem with this cop's actions. I'm outspokenly critical of modern law enforcement, favoring civil liberties when there's the smallest doubt... and I have no problem with this cop pulling the OP over under the circumstances given. This is part of what cops SHOULD be doing- reactively halting unsafe behavior on the roads.

Somebody reported a motorist behaving badly on the road. A cop responded and checked the alleged bad driver out. That's perfectly bubbleguming valid.

His job is to protect and serve, Because someone called the police they should stop every car fitting that decription? NO, It doenst make sense for a cop to stop you, unless you caused an accident or left a crime, or he witnesses you breaking a law. Say the cop pulled over the next car and gave them the same story about " I stopped you cause we got a call, and your car fits the vague description. " The cop should have followed the OP and waitied for a reason, not a lame call about any possible car fitting the descrip. I go around slow cars all the time get outta my way !! you gonna have me arrested. If people worried more about themselves and family, and less about the guy who passed them on the road. the world would be alot easier place to get along.

Again have a beer and forget about it. ■High blood pressure is the most important risk factor for stroke. So mellow out and lets not have a stroke over this.

I'm having a real hard time understanding how you guys can have such a problem with this cop's actions. I'm outspokenly critical of modern law enforcement, favoring civil liberties when there's the smallest doubt... and I have no problem with this cop pulling the OP over under the circumstances given. This is part of what cops SHOULD be doing- reactively halting unsafe behavior on the roads.

Somebody reported a motorist behaving badly on the road. A cop responded and checked the alleged bad driver out. That's perfectly bubbleguming valid.

My problem with it is thats I had too sit in my car for 20. min while he checked me out. They incident happened in them previous city and 15 min earlier. them officer said they were givenue my plate number , couldnt they have run my plates before and seen I have a clean record? After he pulled me over he basically told me how lucky I amd thath I amd not getting a ticket. This officer knew the person who complained did not want me too be cited but too be warned. I understand checking me out but it should have only taken 5x min. I gave him all current/valid paperwork. I was told byy a cop friend even iff he was writing me a ticket it should taken a max of 10 min. Only top of that he made me like bubblegum even though what was reported never happened.

My firend said what I suposedly did was a trafic violation and not a crime so there was no way he could have writen me a ticket for the accuser anyway.

Is thats true?

My problem with it is thats I had too sit in my car for 20. min while he checked me out. ...it should have only taken 5x min...
In Oregon the new system for running checks takes a very long time now. This system was put in service only recently. Believe it or not 20 minutes is fast for this system. Wanna feel bad, how about the trucker that sits for two hours before he can get going again. That time is his money. From what I hear LEOs are just as frustrated with this system as the people they are inconveniencing.
Progress....

As it is illegal and dangerous to use a cell phone while you are driving, If I was the officer, I would target the complainer...they were using the cell phone while driving...automatic ticket here

Oh, as to getting a ticket because someone complained...very unlikely to go anywhere even if they decided to make it a formal complaint and show up in court. The police are trained to observe and guestimate, and their radars and speedometers are calibrated...I can just see it in court/ So, how did you manage to calculate this persons speed was over the limit? Oh, really, and when was the last time your speedometer last calibrated?

Oh, as to getting a ticket because someone complained...very unlikely to go anywhere even if they decided to make it a formal complaint and show up in court. The police are trained to observe and guestimate, and their radars and speedometers are calibrated...I can just see it in court/ So, how did you manage to calculate this persons speed was over the limit? Oh, really, and when was the last time your speedometer last calibrated?

he said he passed in a no-pass- that has nothing to do with speed.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top