JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think its because people realize that the dark cloud of uber-liberalism has been lifted, at least temporarily.
Before, it was "go along to get along" because the tolerant left only tolerated you if you completely agreed with them.
Now it's more like "F you, you effing douche pu$$, this is OUR country and we just took it back!!"
America. Hell Yeah!
Merry Christmas to those that get it.
Suck it to those who don't.

I stole this from the internet, but thought it was funny.

To All My Democrat Friends:
Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2017, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere . Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wish.

To My Republican Friends:
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Always the occasional Scrooge but this year has been very Merry for my family.

Not in material riches but it's been a wonderful day for my wife, daughter and I.

Also have noticed a lot less Happy Holiday BS and more Merry Christmas's.

Merry Christmas to everyone:cool:

I stole this from the internet, but thought it was funny.

To All My Democrat Friends:
Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2017, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere . Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wish.

To My Republican Friends:
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Good lord, made my head spin!

Hmmm, I have to say it's been less merry, at least from the folks I've run into. I don't know why I'm seeing it differently, but I've seen fewer folks saying "Merry Christmas" and a quieter demeanor, even seeing fewer folks doing things like putting up lights on their homes. Strange, but before reading this thread, I was thinking things were going the other way - so it's good to hear others are seeing a turn for the better.

While politics didn't come up much over the holiday, a few folks just couldn't help themselves by saying how frightened they are that Trump is going to destroy the country, destroy the environment, destroy the universe, etc. For the most part, we smiled politely, and just went on with our celebration, while they spent their time wondering if they'll still be alive tomorrow. Good grief, the sorrow from some of the Trump haters was beyond palpable and really unnecessary during holiday festivities.

But our Christmas was good, we enjoyed ourselves, a bit exhausted from driving around, etc., but very good. So to everyone here at NWFA, Merry Christmas!

So @etrain16 , I take you are somewhat of a "Black Sheep", at least politically, of the family? ;)

I'm pretty well removed from "Those" people this time of year. Once I get back to working steady I will be around them. I hope they will have settled down by then, or, the world HAS ended!

Nice to have you back by the way.

I sent a "Merry Christmas!" text to my Mom yesterday.
She sent back a "Merry Everything Day!".
I felt compelled to send back a "Merry Jesus Christ Day!".
she laughed, that's the way I roll

So @etrain16 , I take you are somewhat of a "Black Sheep", at least politically, of the family? ;)

I'm pretty well removed from "Those" people this time of year. Once I get back to working steady I will be around them. I hope they will have settled down by then, or, the world HAS ended!

Nice to have you back by the way.

Good to be back :) Just too busy for about 3 straight days to even pick up the phone and check in, but things are, thankfully, much more back to normal today, just enjoying a nice quiet day at home.

As for the family, yeah, we're kind of the black sheep on both sides (my wife's too), but everyone is polite and respectful, they simply don't agree with certain things such as our religious, political and homeschooling choices. We're all able to gather together and have fun though, unlike some families where being cordial with those you disagree with simply isn't possible. We just don't spend a lot of time with them, just holidays, birthdays and the occasional vacation.

Hmmm, I have to say it's been less merry, at least from the folks I've run into. I don't know why I'm seeing it differently, but I've seen fewer folks saying "Merry Christmas" and a quieter demeanor, even seeing fewer folks doing things like putting up lights on their homes. Strange, but before reading this thread, I was thinking things were going the other way - so it's good to hear others are seeing a turn for the better.

While politics didn't come up much over the holiday, a few folks just couldn't help themselves by saying how frightened they are that Trump is going to destroy the country, destroy the environment, destroy the universe, etc. For the most part, we smiled politely, and just went on with our celebration, while they spent their time wondering if they'll still be alive tomorrow. Good grief, the sorrow from some of the Trump haters was beyond palpable and really unnecessary during holiday festivities.

But our Christmas was good, we enjoyed ourselves, a bit exhausted from driving around, etc., but very good. So to everyone here at NWFA, Merry Christmas!
Tell them their paradigm will be ok, it's all smoke and mirrors.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top