JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've noticed over the last few days that I'm getting more "Merry Christmas" from people than in years past. Not only am I hearing people say it, they actually seem to mean it. Sure, there's still plenty of half-hearted "Happy Holidays" but hearing more "Merry Christmas" has been nice. Seems to be contagious too.
Anyone else notice the same thing?

Yes. Many years I have had to be the one to say "Merry Christmas" first, then I usually get a reply. This year I have heard it mentioned a lot more, even when I see strangers passing by each other.

I've noticed that, unlike most years, the Christmas music isn't blasting at you everywhere. It's seems subdued from past years? :s0092: I don't mind the music as long as it is spread out a little more. Right now Wifey and I are sitting doing our morning thing, with the "Happy Yule Log" on the TV and listening to the music! When coffee's done I'll make a couple Bloody Mary's and we'll proceed to some wrapped gift box carnage! :s0139:

This season yes!
Because Santa came early....... And he is wearing a RED TIE and gonna MAKE THIS SEASON GREAT AGAIN!!!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!
And a MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

Last Edited:
Yes. There's lots of "stuff" going on now. My circle of friends tends to be mostly composed of Conservatives and "small-l" libertarians. Never seen so much relief/optimism in a long time. It's very refreshing and very noticeable.

Yes. There's lots of "stuff" going on now. My circle of friends tends to be mostly composed of Conservatives and "small-l" libertarians. Never seen so much relief/optimism in a long time. It's very refreshing and very noticeable.

That's interesting, and a good point! I'm in the center of the PDX population but don't really get into the people to see if they are less "jolly" this year after the election "Trauma".

I've noticed over the last few days that I'm getting more "Merry Christmas" from people than in years past. Not only am I hearing people say it, they actually seem to mean it. Sure, there's still plenty of half-hearted "Happy Holidays" but hearing more "Merry Christmas" has been nice. Seems to be contagious too.
Anyone else notice the same thing?

I have seen that too and LOVE it. I got so damn tired of the PC can't say Merry Christmas garbage. I was so cheery I even answered the call and came to work when others would not show up. :D

We are somewhat insulated in the NW from the economy, but Nationwide people needed hope that they can get a job, build a family and prosper. They wanted a POTUS that would fight for Joe Lunchpail...hopefully we now have it.

We are somewhat insulated in the NW from the economy, but Nationwide people needed hope that they can get a job, build a family and prosper. They wanted a POTUS that would fight for Joe Lunchpail...hopefully we now have it.

I share that hope. I have been trying to tell a lot of the people I work with for years that we are an exception not the rule. A lot of them seemed way too complacent since they had a good job. I have been warning them we are on the edge and not to forget it. I feel a HELL of a lot more optimistic than I did. ;)

WAY more Merry Christmas! Even the ones that say "Happy Holidays"--if I reply
Merry Christmas--usually come back with a Merry Christmas and a big grin.

I LIKE it.:)

Yes. Conservative, traditional, spiritual, (and other non-extreme left wing) people are feeling less apprehensive about expressing their views, and beliefs. I feel that I can actually say "Merry Christmas" in public without some social justice whacko screaming at me for being a bigot, and a hater. Did so several times while out shopping.

I noticed it too. I hope it's some conscious snap-back from the systematic pussification of America we've been enduring for several years. Very encouraging in a subtle way that I'd really like to see take hold and prevail.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews