JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There has been some movement by the ATF to classify some AR uppers as a regulated receiver even though they don't have a hammer or firing mechanism. I am wondering if there is any proposed legislation in the US that is attempting to do that by law rather then ATF making up new determinations?

Don't know of any currently.

IIRC, the ATF was considering doing such for .50cal receivers (upper and lower). With the concern being that it *would* open up all other calibers to the same.

Lost track on that though.

Don't know of any currently.

IIRC, the ATF was considering doing such for .50cal receivers (upper and lower). With the concern being that it *would* open up all other calibers to the same.

Lost track on that though.
Yeah I saw these articles on that and it made me wonder whether any of the antis are going to pick it up and run. @awshoot mentioned SB5061 in WA was arguably calling for other gun parts to be serialized.

ATF Decides a .50 BMG AR-15 Upper is a… Firearm? | Modern Rifleman

Breaking News: ATF Is Classifying .50 Cal Bolt Action AR Uppers As Firearm -

Last Edited:
BATF arbitrarily making up rules??? Say it isn't so!!!!

If uppers are fireams, then slides are firearms too... how far will we let them go with this nonsense? ... Sets a dangerous precedent!!!!!!!!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top