JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The breakfast of champions (in Hawaii).

Spam, eggs and rice.
Spam-eggs-and-rice.jpg

or

Portuguese sausage, eggs and rice.

It's all good. And YUMMY!

Aloha, Mark

Linguica, oh yeah, great stuff.

Used to eat a dish called jagaseed made with linguica, rice and lima beans.

Wonderful eating and produced internationally renowned gas.

Hamburger patty, on top of rice with brown gravy over all of it..... is called "LocoMoco". And, that's also ono stuff. But, I usually reserve that for lunch.

Aloha, Mark

"Longaniza" is a sort of Philippines version of sausage. And yes, it's also onolicious too. If you're ever in Hawaii (Oahu) stop at Golden Coin for some cheap Filipino foods.

Aloha, Mark

PS...other favorites are the pancit, lumpia, kare-kare, pork gisuntis, pinakbit, lechon, chicharrons or chicken/pork adobo (all with rice of course). I usually stay away from the dinaguan and balut.;)

For dessert try the halo-halo.:D

Last Edited:
The Chinese version of sausage is also ono too. It can usually be found on the shelf at the local Chinese/oriental food store. It's called Lap Cheong (usually found in a vacuum package/dried and hard as rock). I usually boil mine to cook it and serve it with rice. Note : it's very oily. Some people like to steam it in their rice cooker while simultaneously cooking rice. I don't...because of the oil. I guess it might/could be considered a Chinese version (though cooking is needed) of an "Oh Boy-meat stick".

The VN also have a version too. Though, I usually find their version in the refrigerator isle (still needing cooking). The GF likes to make it with fried rice or in a stir fry dish.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
So.....
I was thinking about a minimalist "iron ration".

OK....how about the VC diet? Rice and whatever edible food stuff(s) that is found along the Ho Chi Min trail.

My GF has told me that during hard times (i.e. when her father was a guest in a Communist Re-Education Camp, after the VN War) their family sometimes ate just rice and nuc mam sauce for a meal.

Aloha, Mark

"Longaniza" is a sort of Philippines version of sausage. And yes, it's also onolicious too. If you're ever in Hawaii (Oahu) stop at Golden Coin for some cheap Filipino foods.

Aloha, Mark

PS...other favorites are the pancit, lumpia, kare-kare, pork gisuntis or pinakbit or lechon, chicharrons or chicken/pork adobo (all with rice of course). I usually stay away from the dinaguan and balut.;)

For dessert try the halo-halo.:D
You forgot tadun-tadun. Tried it once. Raw beef in pork blood. Halo halo is good. For those who don't know, its just fruit cocktail with crushed ice and cream, poured as a drink.

Do they still sell huli huli chicken tickets?

So.....
I was thinking about a minimalist "iron ration".

OK....how about the VC diet? Rice and whatever edible food stuff(s) that is found along the Ho Chi Min trail.

My GF has told me that during hard times (i.e. when her father was a guest in a Communist Re-Education Camp, after the VN War) their family sometimes ate just rice and nuc mam sauce for a meal.

Aloha, Mark
I'll eat sticky rice and nuoc man/nam pla/fish sauce for a meal anytime. Weeks of it would get old.

Cheap.

Easy to prepare.

Lasts forever.

Lightweight.

Nutritious.

What do you have that meets those criteria?

Hardtack, pilot bread & such.

Many commercial variants available some canned (or used to be anyways).

Currently SailorBoy brand are available on Amazon, at "reasonable pricing".

Supposedly is also reasonably easy to bake. Haven't tried, but may.

Not sure on Sailor Boy ingredients, however traditional hardtack is simply flour, water & salt. Or just flour and water.

Hamburger patty, on top of rice with brown gravy over all of it..... is called "LocoMoco". And, that's also ono stuff. But, I usually reserve that for lunch.

Aloha, Mark
The L&L here has a house omelet that is kalua pork, sausage and ham, fried up and then covered in gravy and put in an omelet covered in cheese and then on a big pile of rice. You can literally feel your life expectancy drop while you eat it but it is sooo good.

The Umeke's in Kona has their version of the Loco moco they call the umoko which is amazing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top