JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A better petition would be to rename the state as this state certainly does not deserve the right to use the last name of the nation's first president.
I would suggest Roosevelt. Using FDR's last name is a lot more in line with the values of the current majority as he was an egomaniacal fascist that had no respect for the indiviual, private property or individual civil rights. In one word - fascist.

boycotts are mental masturabation that won't accomplish anything.

for any initiative to repeal or modify i-594, you will have to have a COMPELLING message. and remember you'll be fighting bloomberg again.

you need to have an initiative that bloomberg will look silly arguing against. also remember you'll be up against a hostile AG and a hostile press.

I have dumped Windows a long time ago and it had nothing to do with Gate's politics. It was to do with the fact that MS is a despicable company with lousy products. My home PC are running Linux and if I need to use an Office type product there is Libre Office and Open Office.

People keep assuming that we fought the good fight and lost. That's simply not the case here.

1. We may have fought the good fight, but we didn't fight the SMART one.

I had to spend several years living in one of the most anti-gun states in the country. You literally could not go to a range without being bombarded by opportunities to get involved with GOAL, the state-level NRA affiliate. I haven't seen ANYTHING from GOAL, EVER in WA that I didn't actively seek out.

Where is GOAL on this website? Anywhere at all? Do they have an exec. Director? I've never seen anything officially from the organization on the site, never got anything in the mail, nothing. And I'm a life-member of NRA so it's not like my address is unknown.

Same goes for SAF or CCRKBA. In contrast, other gun boards have regular posts and communications from THEIR state-level organizations.

Trying to blame all this on funding is a cop-out. Colorado citizens were outspent 10-1 or more on their recall elections and still won.

I talked with a number of gun owners who knew NOTHING about 594 Or 591 as late as October. They too, hadn't heard a peep from our side.

Now maybe the anti-594 campaign wrote us off knowing that simple word of mouth would carry our county regardless. (We voted against 594 with very high margins). But seriously, this was NOT a well-run campaign. the 594 people were loud and visible for many months. We apparently didn't even start talking until Sept./Oct. at least I never heard anything, and little enough then.

Where were the professional consultants that NRA has working for them? If they were here, they were invisible.

And lastly, 591 was a bad idea. It just confused people and diverted attention from the core issues.

We can do better.

Well, we DO have Dave Workman, who's one of the big guys at SAF... maybe something needs to be worked out to have him establish an "Official SAF Liaison" Account or somesuch.

GOAL is Joe Waldron formerly of WAC, which is a mailing list that I once sent a Subscribe request to and never got the mailings--some missed opportunities there, they have a Yahoo! group but NEED more visibility. I suspect the "hunker down" thing was how the end for CA started...

Where is GOAL on this website? Anywhere at all? Do they have an exec. Director? I've never seen anything officially from the organization on the site, never got anything in the mail, nothing. And I'm a life-member of NRA so it's not like my address is unknown.

I got a postcard from GOAL WA. Strangely enough never got anything from the NRA.

And lastly, 591 was a bad idea. It just confused people and diverted attention from the core issues.

We can do better.

We MUST do better.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top