JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What I found most intetesting is that it's not just the Yakima County Sheriff, it's also the Yakima County Prosecuting Attorney piping up and saying he won't prosecute I-1639 cases because they're unconstitutional at both the state and federal level.

You didn't offend s***. How many treads are needed on the exact same subject? Because there is a lot.

You can rest assured Sir that prior to my ever creating another thread on this site, I will thoroughly search for any existing thread or threads that already exist on the topic at hand and will forego posting it if any are found.

Gee, I'm ever so sorry to have offended your sensibities. I posted it on the obviously mistaken assumption that someone might find it mildly intetesting.
titsonritz:rolleyes: has been on my Ignore List from almost since I joined this Forum. He almost always had something negative to say about everyone. I like it when more than one person has something to say on a particular subject. It adds a different point of view. Which I consider good.:):):)

besides it's a new article and source.

Aside from the fact if new threads or posts were never made: the forums would be dead cause everything has already been talked about in one way or another and digging to find that one specific post with the info you wan't can take ages since most searches aren't that good to begin with.

on topic...

throw bob down the well!....so my county can be free!

So anyway, it looks like an increasing number of Chief Law Enforcement Officers are coming out against 1639. Cowlitz County came out against it in a county commission vote last night. Their sheriff and DA won't enforce 1639 either.

So anyway, it looks like an increasing number of Chief Law Enforcement Officers are coming out against 1639. Cowlitz County came out against it in a county commission vote last night. Their sheriff and DA won't enforce 1639 either.

The more of that I hear, the more I like it.

Sadly its the FFL's that gets to enforce this one. At least the training, background check and age, No cop needed to infringe on your rights here.

Right. Thats the problem... these guys can come out and grandstand but at the end of the day, the Sheriff has little say.

Now.. I want to hear from these guys on everything else coming along in the legislature. Will they enforce those too?

What if Im speeding in Cowlitz County and they stop me and discover I have magazines in my unlocked ranger bag? Or my rifle has a vertical grip.... Will they look the other way on that too? Is the Sheriff actually issuing orders to his deputies to ignore these gun laws?
OR does the Sheriff get to make some noise and get some PR ... but individual deputies will still make arrests?
Will the Sheriff participate in these Red Flag seizures?

I am glad they are speaking out now, I wish before the vote many of tg e sheriffs would have come out and said I-1639 was so flawed it is unenforceable. Maybe it would have failed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top