JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Cogs
Your time and effort are a blessing to the outdoors. All of these post enspire people to help clean up their shooting spots.
I use to shoot at several diffetent pits around Darrington, but the last year or so I focused on the pit off 425th st (the power station pit).
Every trip there I take home buckets & buskets of spent shotgun hulls. The last trip there I had both, the lower pit and the upper pit cleaned up of shotgun hulls. The brass guys didn't leave to much brass behind. I only got a handfull of brass.
Here is out last trip.up there before the fire restrictions.
20200829_190552.jpg

Cogs
Your time and effort are a blessing to the outdoors. All of these post enspire people to help clean up their shooting spots.
I use to shoot at several diffetent pits around Darrington, but the last year or so I focused on the pit off 425th st (the power station pit).
Every trip there I take home buckets & buskets of spent shotgun hulls. The last trip there I had both, the lower pit and the upper pit cleaned up of shotgun hulls. The brass guys didn't leave to much brass behind. I only got a handfull of brass.
Here is out last trip.up there before the fire restrictions.
View attachment 755265
Thanks Pat! You are very consistent and persistent in your efforts! You play a key role in helping to keep public lands open for shooting! Thank you, Sir!

You can support Trash No Land with every purchase on Amazon Smile! It doesn't cost you any extra because Amazon covers it for you! Shop like you always do but first, select Trash No Land as your favorite charity.

Amazon Prime Day deals on October 13 & 14

Select Trash No Land as your charity!
AmazonSmile: You shop. Amazon gives.

Smile_PrimeDay2020.jpg

Soggy Bottom Boys Perform At A Rained-Out Quarry

"Neither rain nor mud nor gloom of cloudy skies stays these volunteers from the swift completion of their dedication to stewardship"!

Full story with pics: Soggy Bottom Boys Perform At A Rained-Out Quarry
1220 lbs of trash removed from the Miller's Quarry, as reported by Clackamas County Dump Stoppers! Let's see... 12 volunteers... 4 hours... that's 101.67 lbs per person! Or 305 lbs per hour! They did good!

Most of my trash removal efforts are done in the forests in the Olympics, on the Hood Canal side of the peninsula. I often go camping up there, mostly from the Duckabush River access leading to Trap Pass, all the way down to the Skokomish River access that goes into the Olympics via FS 23. There is more trash south then there is north, as a general rule. One reason is because Skokomish is much closer to Shelton and Olympia. I usually haul out anywhere from one to three extra bags from any campsite I select.

One thing I've never figured out is WHY people would bother spending the gas to haul a washing machine or a vacuum cleaner up to the Olympics to dump, when a REAL dump is much closer to home. Sounds like a lot of driving and a lot of trouble to bother doing that. It's like hauling your trash can to the middle of town for pickup instead of just putting it outside your garage door. A real mystery. :)

Backstops are required [PERIOD]. No if's, and's or buts! Targets are to be placed IN FRONT of the backstop. Backstops stop bullets. No rounds are to leave the range! Public Safety first. It's every shooters responsibility to know and abide by the law.
#BackStop! #NoRoundsLeaveTheRange! #CleanUpToShoot! #StewardshipKeepsItOpen! #TrashNoLand!

What Part of Backstop.jpg

This is another way I can help the shooting sports. I dedicated Monday to the efforts of improving and expanding shooting facilities. More days to come in my 4 year term and I'm looking forward to it!

The Technical Review meeting went real well yesterday. We dove into 7 requests for grants. Presentations were made and Q & A after each presentation. We evaluated each project and submitted our comments. From here, the sponsors will fine tune their project proposals and return for the final round in Feb, 2021 when we will rate each project for approval or not.

Three of these projects are for new or additional shooting lanes, one is for lead abatement measures, one is for ADA access improvements to the Archery field, one is a new storage facility at a sportsman's club and one is for a new clubhouse roof.

In the Chelan Wildlife Area, the WA Dept of Fish & Wildlife is putting in a new shooting range in the Swanke Canyon which will be free to use 7 days/week sunup to sundown as long as you have a WA State Discover Pass or a WA Hunting Lic vehicle pass.

In Cowlitz County, the County and the Cowlitz Game & Anglers are seeking to further develop and expand the trap range by adding two additional trap facilities. With this addition their facility will be able to accommodate trap competitions for their local school and club teams.

The Tri-Cities Shooting Association will use their grant to construct new rifle range facilities at the Rose Iris range, located within the Rattlesnake Mountain Shooting Facility, in Benton County. Development will included the combination of a small bore rifle range and a high-power rifle silhouette range. Additional development will also include paving the current parking area at the Rose Iris range.

This has been a great experience for me and I'm learning a lot. I feel a little more equipped for the future pursuit of Trash No Land grants and shooting site improvements. I'll pick up more as I complete the final stage in Feb. I also plan on contacting and visiting a couple of these projects when they are in progress.

Here's a link to the RCO's FARR grant program (Firearms and Archery Range Recreation). You could also watch the video of our meeting via the link in the middle of the page that says: FARR Technical Review (Although, it a rather long day of video!).
https://rco.wa.gov/grant/firearms-and-archery-range-recreation-program/

RCO Appt Letter Cropped.jpg

2020 is full of surprises... not all are bad!

From out of the blue, we were graced with this gift!

(I would like to say who it was, however I haven't been given their permission yet. They are a private foundation and may not want their name spread across the internet.)

TNL is VERY grateful for this! (I received it the day after Thanksgiving!)

Notification of 10k Donation 2.jpg

10k Donation 11-27-20 Check 2.jpg

Couldn't happen to better folks!

Seems to me it's just an indicator of the great works Cogs and TNL have been able to do. Your efforts Bill are paying dividends! Job well done sir.
Thank you Sir! Just wait for 2021!!! Now we can do so much more! (If the Board will let me! :) ).

TARGET SHOOTERS BUSTED!

An OSP Officer sent me this. You can't say we didn't warn you!!!

"On Monday, November 23rd an Oregon State Trooper came upon this trash left behind by target shooters in a pullout on BLM land in NW Oregon. Through evidence left at the scene and cooperation with other local agencies, the Trooper identified the two individuals responsible. A father & son were each cited criminally for Offensive Littering. The pair returned and cleaned up the site after being contacted by OSP."

123_1.jpg

123_2.jpg

Wow. Glad they got caught. Not to be a pessimist but wonder what they did with it after picking it up? What forest was this out of curiosity.
Yamhill County. I joined them for a clean up earlier this year with the Oregon Hunters Association. A couple there were OSP officers and one of them found it, did all the investigation and citations to get them busted!

Nice work!

Littering is just a citation and ruins your day of shooting. Offensive Littering is a Misdemeanor and gives you a criminal record for a long time! Not littering at all gives you peace of mind, a good feeling, a good nights sleep and the ability to return to shoot another day.

Choose wisely, my friends!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR