JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Impromptu cleanup at North Fork Wolf Creek Lanes, Tillamook State Forest, OR.
If you can make it, it's this Saturday, Dec 5th. Meet there at 9 AM.

@Cosimel is heading this up in an effort to clean up most of the shooting lanes. Plan to chip in a $5 or $10 spot to help with disposal, because this is not and official cleanup and the volunteers will be paying out of their own pockets for disposal.

Bring some toys for a group shoot after!

Contact Cosimel for more info.
Map: North Fork Wolf Creek Rd Shooting Lanes
GPS: 45°46'59.5"N 123°21'54.6"W

Impromptu cleanup at North Fork Wolf Creek Lanes, Tillamook State Forest, OR.
If you can make it, it's this Saturday, Dec 5th. Meet there at 9 AM.

@Cosimel is heading this up in an effort to clean up most of the shooting lanes. Plan to chip in a $5 or $10 spot to help with disposal, because this is not and official cleanup and the volunteers will be paying out of their own pockets for disposal.

Bring some toys for a group shoot after!

Contact Cosimel for more info.
Map: North Fork Wolf Creek Rd Shooting Lanes
GPS: 45°46'59.5"N 123°21'54.6"W
So far I've got five who've indicated interest on the NWCSL thread, I'll be sending them a reminder. I've picked up a box of 'heavy duty' bags, but if anyone's got large trash bags, it can't hurt to bring them too, would hate to run out. Little nervous about running one of these, but I'm also excited to get some cleaning done :)

So far I've got five who've indicated interest on the NWCSL thread, I'll be sending them a reminder. I've picked up a box of 'heavy duty' bags, but if anyone's got large trash bags, it can't hurt to bring them too, would hate to run out. Little nervous about running one of these, but I'm also excited to get some cleaning done :)

Will you meet at the entrance at 9am? Or further up the trail?

You will do great Cos. No need to get nervous. Everyone shows up for the cause unless you get those 2 knuckle heads from late last year. Bring doughnuts. They are your friend.
Craig

How many pickups will we have? Wondering if I should try to rent one or that might be overkill.
It looks like two people are showing up with pickups, so I think we're good to go. I appreciate you're willingness to rent something, maybe this Spring we can get a bigger effort off the ground and a rental might be needed.

Here's my vision…

We save and improve target shooting on public lands by demonstrating our stewardship and getting involved with the forest agency recreational staff.

This involves our own grass roots efforts to do what we can to make it better and prove that recreational target shooting on public lands is a viable and respectable type of recreation.

To do this, we work with the forest agencies to let them know we are out there making things better. They hear that we are cleaning up more than we brought in, communicating to other shooters in the field, distributing education and information material, respectful of other recreation users, concerned about public and fire safety, recommend closing the unsafe shooting sites, recommend improving the good sites, and more.

If we have teams doing this in each forest, we would be hero's of the great outdoors and public land shooting would be around for many more generations to come.

PLTS Web Cover 3.jpg

Soon, I will announce openings for committee Members and Directors to team up in their favorite forest. We will have a great impact on forests all over Oregon and Washington with multiple committees doing good in their communities. Stay tuned!

Bill

Here's my vision…

We save and improve target shooting on public lands by demonstrating our stewardship and getting involved with the forest agency recreational staff.

This involves our own grass roots efforts to do what we can to make it better and prove that recreational target shooting on public lands is a viable and respectable type of recreation.

To do this, we work with the forest agencies to let them know we are out there making things better. They hear that we are cleaning up more than we brought in, communicating to other shooters in the field, distributing education and information material, respectful of other recreation users, concerned about public and fire safety, recommend closing the unsafe shooting sites, recommend improving the good sites, and more.

If we have teams doing this in each forest, we would be hero's of the great outdoors and public land shooting would be around for many more generations to come.

Soon, I will announce openings for committee Members and Directors to team up in their favorite forest. We will have a great impact on forests all over Oregon and Washington with multiple committees doing good in their communities. Stay tuned!

Bill
So how and where do these "Committee's" get together, you ask?

On a new private forum. This forum is 'topic specific' and is not your typical public forum. The topic is 'saving, preserving and improving' public land target shooting. On this forum, there are no classified ads, nor political sections, nor any of your typical gun forum topics you would find on the big public gun forums. It is focused on saving public lands, via multiple committees in various forests throughout Oregon and Washington. So, don't 'move away' from your favorite forum, but rather join a new 'specialty forum' that is focused on one specific goal... To save, preserve and improve recreational target shooting on public lands.

This forum is hosted by Trash No Land, meaning, it is owned and operated by Trash No Land on a secure sub-domain of Trash No Land. It is not owned by any social media giant and will not be subject to anyone else's rules or political tendencies. TNL will be the 'giant' and will have no rules, as we so see fit! And being private, means you don't need to be concerned that 'someone' is watching what you say and may shut you down. But as for me, "Quite frankly, my dear Scarlett , I don't a damn!". You may say what you like. I trust we are all adults and know how to be excellent to each other. (But I might kick you off if you get too off the wall!) :).

This forum is in no way competing with other 'main-stream' forums. It is a supplement, and an enhancement, to your favorite gun forum. It is a place where responsible gun owners can gather together to discuss and implement improvements in their own favorite forest. I expect, and need, you to stay on your favorite forum to help encourage others in the efforts to promote responsible shooting in your forest. Just add this extra special forum to your repertoire.

I will be announcing the opening of this forum soon. You will then have a link to register and may join the discussions. Find your forest from the list, or request a committee for your forest. Invite your friends to join your committee and begin to help each other to save your favorite places to shoot.

As we grow, we'll have representatives all over OR & WA doing good in their own favorite forest, which translates into saved shooting sites and improved community relations.

Trash No Land has your back! We'll work with you to assist and promote your activities and make it well known that you are involved in a good cause for the good of your local forest and the shooting sports. Publicity is where we shine (even when the local media will not mention our efforts, by golly we will!).

So stay focused. I'll let you know when it's ready to sign up.

Thanks,
Bill

Screenshot Home.jpg

Screenshot Oregon.jpg

Screenshot Washington.jpg

Screenshot Other Sections.jpg

Last Edited:
Target Shooting Committees in a Forest Near You...

Trash No Land is now accepting Volunteers to serve on multiple target shooting committees throughout Oregon and Washington. Choose your favorite forest and join that committee. We need committee Members and Directors. Serve as long as you wish and as often as you can.

Your committee will focus on, and discuss, recreational target shooting in your local public land area. This is a grass roots effort to save, preserve and improve recreational shooting on public lands.

This meeting hall consists of multiple individual teams in multiple forests who are all on the same 'bigger' team. We are all focused on the same goal... "to make a positive difference in public land target shooting".

We are fed up with the mess and irresponsible shooting that often happens in our forests. We are strapping on our boots to make a difference Northwest wide. We are getting involve, on a local and regional level, with forest agencies to help monitor and care for our great outdoors. And now we have one central meeting place where we can all learn from each other, share information and implement our ideas to cause a positive difference.

The forum is a private forum, owned and operated by Trash No Land (not regulated by any social media giants). It is not your typical forum you find on the open web. There are no classifieds or politics and it's not a place to find secret shooting sites. It's a forum focused on a mission.

Please join and be a part of a great thing for our great outdoors and the recreational shooting sports. Click the link below and you'll be off to the shooting range!

I visited 8 shooting sites in the Yacolt Burn State Forest, WA, on Friday and Saturday. Every site was a mess! The fog was heavy in most places so I couldn't get good pics.

Friday was a shoot with my son who recently purchased a Glock 19. We were only going to take the pistols but as we loaded the truck, we ended up with an AR and a shotgun!

So, now that we're out of ammo, I went back on Saturday to visit with other shooters and hand out flyers to promote responsible shooting. Met a lot of nice folks who were kind enough to pause their recreation and lend an ear.

If you live in SW Washington and love to shoot in the 'Burn', please join me over at the forum so we can plan how to save target shooting in the Burn (link: https://forum.trashnoland.org/ ).

In fact, no matter where you live, you can join a forest committee near you on this forum. So register (private forum), and help us do some good throughout Oregon and Washington!

12-25-20 1.jpg

12-25-20 2.jpg

12-25-20 3.jpg

12-25-20 4.jpg

12-25-20 5.jpg

12-25-20 6.jpg

12-25-20 7.jpg

12-25-20 8.jpg

12-25-20 9.jpg

12-25-20 10.jpg

12-25-20 11.jpg

12-25-20 12.jpg

A big THANK YOU goes out to HatPoint Target for a nice contribution to Trash No Land! A couple of these target stands will be available as free prizes to volunteers who attend our cleanup events and other stands will be available to new members who sign up for the 'Knight' membership level.

I had a nice visit with John Schwend, owner of HatPoint Target Company, who expressed his concern and appreciation for responsible shooting on public lands. His business has really grown in the past year and now his stand is available in stores like Sportsman's Warehouse, Sporting Systems, Bi-Mart Membership Discount Stores and more. Good work, John!

We like the HatPoint Target stand, as it is a very important part of recreational shooting on public lands because it is a durable reusable stand that you won't leave behind at the shooting site (like the trashy looking splintered plywood, busted up pallets, 2x4 frames and crazy contraptions you typically see at shooting places throughout the forests of the Northwest). If shooters have a vested interest in their target stand, they won't leave it behind "for the next guy" (everyone is responsible for bringing their own target stands and targets).

Again, Thank you HatPoint Target Company! We all appreciate your support!

https://hatpointtarget.com/

Hatpoint Target 1000.jpg

Mrs's and I spent the morning up on Neal Creek. For as foggy as the Valley was it was clear and mostly sunny up there. Goal was to get the quarry cleaned up. It was being used by some target shooters from the Scott's Mill area. We conversed for a while and they had heard rumors of the improved shooting area in that area. I ended up picking up all the burnt scrap metal from burnt furniture and other dumping before we left. We drove up towards the top of the mountain and started cleaning up on the way down. 2 bags in one small rock pit then for fun we picked up the road on the way down until time to head home. Went 4 miles in 3 hours picking up beer cans and trash. Couldnt get the matresses and tractor tire. I do have some fine laminate in the back of the truck. Drinking and driving must also be legal. Enough sarcasm.
Anyway ended up with a trailer of scrap metal and a bed full of trash.
Super nice day
Just as a reminder: next Saturday the 16th at 8am is the Mary's Peak clean up at the rock quarry.
IMG_35121.jpg IMG_35131.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads