Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Inexpensive Red-Dot for .45-70?

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by RedneckRampage, Sep 11, 2011.

1. RedneckRampage

RedneckRampage Newberg Well-Known Member

Anybody know of a cheap (under $100) red-dot scope that will hold up to .45-70 recoil? Kinda want to put one on a Handi-rifle.

2. former173rd

former173rd Sequim Member

I have a Center Point red dot that I don't use anymore..pretty good shape. I'll let you have it in trade for a good pocketknife...
    I also have a Weaver Qwik Point, but I don't know about it holding up to the recoil.....although they were pretty popular with the shotgunners for a while.

3. Twodogs

Twodogs portland Or Active Member

I had a tasco propoint on a contender pistol and it worked fine shooting hot loaded 405gr bullets.

4. halmbarte

halmbarte PDX Active Member

5. samuelm16

samuelm16 se pdx Well-Known Member

how crisp was the dot on these ive been on the fence about ordering one but dont wat to if its a blob of dots like some of the other clones

6. 1911er

1911er Port Orchard,WA./ Granite OK. Active Member

I have A tasco red dot mounted on A 500 S&W have put about 200 through the pipe and still hanging in there.

7. halmbarte

halmbarte PDX Active Member

The dot's actually pretty good. It's clear with a sharp edge and has a usable brightness range. It ain't a Aimpoint, but than again the PA dot is ~$400 cheaper than a Aimpoint too.

If decent red dot sights look like a blob you might want to check to see if it's your eyes (astigmatism). Lots of people seem to find out they have astigmatism when they buy a Aimpoint and the red dot looks like a comma or football.

H