JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not to mention, one stop shopping. Fumbling for a gun in the dark out of a dead sleep is already an issue, let alone finding the gun, the light, then getting your Harries position established.

I practice my grab gun and light thing
Yep, and a good light will show you guys why those $100+ dollar tritium night sights are useless.

Hey now, mine came on the gun and gives me a fuzzy warm feeling when I wake up in the middle of the night and see those 3 glowing dots on my night stand:cool:

I practice my grab gun and light thing

Hey now, mine came on the gun and gives me a fuzzy warm feeling when I wake up in the middle of the night and see those 3 glowing dots on my night stand:cool:

Yep, they're good for that.

Lots of good suggestions.
For under $20, you can do this:

Ultrafire focusable 1000 Lumen light (it will blind you momentarily if you look at it)
The one shown is 35mm. It takes (3) AAA batteries or (1) 18650 Lithium (much preferred).
5 years ago, the predecessor for these were on sale at Xmas for $3.99 each. I bought a dozen to give out to my colleagues at Xmas.
I bought a 30mm quick disconnect for ~$10. It literally pops right on and off a standard picatinny rail. You can find something on Amazon for ~$15.
I take it camping every year, it takes a beating.
What gave me the idea to do this is my colleague, mounted it on his AR as his HD gun light.
Me, I still have very good night vision, prefer to use that and night sights.

Lots of good suggestions.
For under $20, you can do this:

Ultrafire focusable 1000 Lumen light (it will blind you momentarily if you look at it)
The one shown is 35mm. It takes (3) AAA batteries or (1) 18650 Lithium (much preferred).
5 years ago, the predecessor for these were on sale at Xmas for $3.99 each. I bought a dozen to give out to my colleagues at Xmas.
I bought a 30mm quick disconnect for ~$10. It literally pops right on and off a standard picatinny rail. You can find something on Amazon for ~$15.
I take it camping every year, it takes a beating.
What gave me the idea to do this is my colleague, mounted it on his AR as his HD gun light.
Me, I still have very good night vision, prefer to use that and night sights.

Sorry, bro. Those things are straight up junk. Not even close to the 1000 lumen "rating". Walgreens sells them as "Military technology" lights. Nope, not worth anything.

Any light worth a darn doesn't have a stupid "focusing" lense IMHO. I own well over 20 streamlights, a few surefire's and a couple of fenix's. A pile of 18650 rechargeables and a drawer in my tool box full of CR123's.

What price point are you talking about re: affordable?

My motto is buy once cry once. When it's gear to save a life (maybe even to ID a drunk intruder who has the wrong house) that's no place to go cheap and have it fail when you need it to work.

Streamlight's new compact TLR-7 looks like a winner, their TLR-3 and -2 are already duty proven, so a -3 would serve you well.

Good time to remind everyone to turn your light off before moving when conducting a house clearing sweep...

What price point are you talking about re: affordable?

My motto is buy once cry once. When it's gear to save a life (maybe even to ID a drunk intruder who has the wrong house) that's no place to go cheap and have it fail when you need it to work.

Streamlight's new compact TLR-7 looks like a winner, their TLR-3 and -2 are already duty proven, so a -3 would serve you well.

Good time to remind everyone to turn your light off before moving when conducting a house clearing sweep...

Where you been, Doc??

Sorry, bro. Those things are straight up junk. Not even close to the 1000 lumen "rating". Walgreens sells them as "Military technology" lights. Nope, not worth anything.
LOL, I bow to your quality control. Never bought one at Walgreens. I have bought several of theses, and while the lumen rating is questionable, I assure you, they take a f*ck of a beating and keep on burning. They WILL blind you.
I have bought multiple Coasts (1 still working, 3 have died), mag lights, Slydes, Costco xmas packs, Crees, etc, flashlights are like watches to me - they get dropped, smashed, submerged, left behind, etc. The Coast lights don't last long enough, people steal my Slydes (2x already), the costco lights all die, and I still have at least three of these "cheap junk" flashlights from TMart. If it lights something up at 100 yards, I'm happy with it. They still do.
The mount, on the other hand, is pure sh15.

LOL, I bow to your quality control. Never bought one at Walgreens. I have bought several of theses, and while the lumen rating is questionable, I assure you, they take a f*ck of a beating and keep on burning. They WILL blind you.
I have bought multiple Coasts (1 still working, 3 have died), mag lights, Slydes, Costco xmas packs, Crees, etc, flashlights are like watches to me - they get dropped, smashed, submerged, left behind, etc. The Coast lights don't last long enough, people steal my Slydes (2x already), the costco lights all die, and I still have at least three of these "cheap junk" flashlights from TMart. If it lights something up at 100 yards, I'm happy with it. They still do.

I wear crappy clothes, I don't buy jewelry of any kind. But a man has to have quality guns and quality lights.

If you and I ever meet, I'll show you a true 1000 lumens.

Differing technique, and a really good topic! I was hammered relentlessly to use a single hand hold, keeping the pistol low and ready in your shooting hand, and using your low lumin output light at about belt level. There are several very important reasons for this, it allows you to take up a protected position while scanning and cuts your vision loss due to the light intensity, and in many cases, prevents flash from your light from comming back to you and blinding you, not to mention the use of very high power lights now days amplify this dramatically. It separates your shooting hand and gives you freedom to swing on some one, deflect a incoming swing that may contain a blade or other weapons, and by keepin your weapon low, you have full field of view around your surroundings. It also keeps you from standing out as a target, if a baddie only sees your leg and lower arm, he is not going to be really able to tell which side you have lit, and will instinctively focuse on the light and any movement he sees! This minimises your exposure, and allowed you to see clearly with out presenting a weapon, and better, it prevents you from sweeping your muzzle across things you don't want to sweep! I prefer a light in the 60 to 80 lumin power range, plenty bright enough to see with, with out the risk to your eye sight should you flash a mirror, a piece of glass or any number of reflective objects! Now if I'm going out side to check and clear, I take a 650 lumin torch with me and a shotgun or light carbine! I know a LOT of people that use and swear by a weapon mounted light, but it's my training and experience I trust more then a mounted light and it's limits! I'm Not saying don't do it, just sharing what I have learned!

Differing technique, and a really good topic! I was hammered relentlessly to use a single hand hold, keeping the pistol low and ready in your shooting hand, and using your low Limon output light at about belt level. There are several very important reasons or this, it allows you to take up a protected position while scanning and cuts your vision loss due to the light intensity, and in many cases, prevents flash from your light from conning back to you and blinding you, not to me tion the use of very high power light a now days amplify th is dramatically. It separates your shooting hand and gives you freedom to swing on some one, deflect I coming swing that may contain a blade or other weapons, and by keepin your weapon low, you have full field of view around your surroundings. It also keeps yo from standing out as a target, if a baddie o my sees your leg and lower arm, he is not going to be really able to decent which side you have lit, and will instinctively focused on the light and any movement he sees! This minimises your exposure, and allowed you to see clearly whit out presenting a weapon, and better, it prevents you from sweeping your muzzle across things you don't want to sweep! I prefer a light in the to 80 luvin power, plenty bright enough to see with, with out the risk to your eye sight should you flash a mirror, a piece of glass or any number of reflective objects! Now if I'm going our side to check and clear, I take a 650 lumin torch with me and a shotgun or light carbine! I know a LOT of people that use and swear by a weapon mounted light, but it' my training and experience I trust more then a mounted light and it's limits! I' Not saying don' do it, just sharing what I have learned!

I think military vs. civilian use differs here. As does others, brother.

I dont see it that way, it may not sound as cool, but it works very effecently, effectively, and minimises your exposure to risks! I get the issue with having to find your pistol and light while fummbeling around in your nudies, that's where practice comes into play! A good belt clip on your light helps here as well!

I dont see it that way, it may not sound as cool, but it works very effecently, effectively, and minimises your exposure to risks! I get the issue with having to find your pistol and light while fummbeling around in your nudies, that's where practice comes into play! A good belt clip on your light helps here as well!

I get that people have different things that "work" for them. For me, I like a weapon mounted light. That's just me talking.....:)

Like I said, I have no issues with it, just don't like it! No one has the perfect system, we have to try many to find what works best. I like Joe13s Mag light idea, gives another weapon option should you need, and can be a very effective blocking tool against sharps And other things! Personally, I prefer a carbine or a shotgun and the use of night lights! Takes the flash light out of the equation entirely! Again, not perfect, but it's another option!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top