JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I really hope that others get upset about this. The company may be the root of (all evil) our problems. Not conspiracy. Fact. Understand that "hard to believe" doesn't mean "impossible."

I can only ask others to exercise anti-ignorance. Educate yourself on shareholders, officers and interests. Follow the yellow brick road of names and associations. Bush's, Feinstein, George Soros etc. The list goes on and on. As much as I love the US military and all of our soldiers it pains me to say that I honestly believe that our soldiers are nothing but front line cowboys. Rolling in for the massive corporations wishing to land grab and get resources that are on land that the natives (iraq, afghani ciizens) would like to keep as their home. I believe that religion, and Al qaeda are a superficial problem in order to misguide the poeple as to what is really happening. A massive land grab by huge corporations acting as individuals. Its not about religion people. Its about land and modern slavery. The collapse of the housing market, the dollar and our "war on terror" is all an orchestration for another form of slavery or the NWO. No there won't be whips and crackers. You will only get what the government against the people will let you have in exchange for your slave labor tithe. Or Taxes.

Whatever I think I sound crazy too.

This is a repeat of wyatt earp, his cowboys, rolling in for Wells Fargo Bank. As law and bank appointed "sheriff" in order to establish a system that NO-ONE wanted. Even the locals, traders, and white people. Remember the OK Corral. History lies. The men shot were just good locals standing up for themselves. Wyatt Earp was a thug "cowboy" working for the man"Wells fargo." It wasn't always banks, stores and automotive shops. Remember "before the english came. The land was free, the water was free and the women did all the work. White man thought he could improve on this."

I'm not sorry. I'm a big bellied, white, bearded farmer who drives an old body style diesel ford, rides an italian motorcycle in triple digits, likes his guns and loves his country. I feel betrayed by my government. cannot believe anything I read and the more I know the more it seems like an evil conspiracy from the get go. I'm not even sure that "how the west was won" isn't just propaganda. I also still believe that the USA never was truly made "independent" from the brits. Follow the taxes my friends.

We in Oregon are somewhat shadowed as to what is happening in the rest of the world. Even though this state is made of mostly liberal democrats we love our guns. And have some of the most non-restricting laws in the nation. Watch other states that are filled with what I call "good ole boys." The ones who get pissed enough to do something about. Southern states with good ole southern people have very controlling local governments and gun laws. I think its because, "the Man", LOL, is afraid of em. And taking precautions to avoid any uncontrollable diisturbances.

Of course who are we kidding? I mean the most stocked safe, bunker or friends farm will NEVER be able to compete with laser guided missiles, drones, UAVs, javelins, tow launchers etc. Unless of course you have a recipe for C4. Anyone? Just kidding.

This is a VERY interesting and educating thread. Thanks for posting it EMP! :s0155:

If you search the names in the Cerberus to Buy Dyncorp artical like Affiliates of "Veritas Capital Fund Management" on Dogpile Web Search you will find they are Cerberus owned or controlled companys.

You might also find that they are also in the commercial security systems in buildings you might work in. If the Fire or Security is a Pyrotronics system it is a Cerberus product. Very anal security conscious companys like Hewelett Packard as a minor example use their card key and complete building management systems. Want to know who was in section 3 at 9:34.18secs. and what doors they went through?? Video cameras that are built into fire sprinkler head locations... they build em!

Last Edited:
I'm glad that others are aware. Yes big security systems too. I was disturbed to see that the fire/security alarm at the hospital my baby was born at (silverton) had a cerberus owned system.

EMP so you have known about Cerberus and its long arm? Is there a point in educating others or is this just a juicy morsel?

I have been out of the loop so to say since 1996 and a lot of the people I worked with are retired or gone with just a few of the old school still working... Got a fone call from two old co-workers awhile back that tried to entice me to work one more contract with them if I could pass the physical, but I just had to say "no thanks" to Mongolia. (No Chit! I kid you not!)

I worked one short one for Enron and one short for Siemans since 1996 before I got totally disgruntled with the corporate mentality, and I have not paid much attention till lately.
So to answer the question it's kind of a teaser because I am not that well informed anymore and people should do their own research and not use second hand information. My opinion on internet sites is that to many people use/rely on second hand info that came from places like Wikipedia... I will say that Cererbus has grown immensely over the years.

Get on a search engine and go point to point... Sometimes you got to dig deep and connect the dots.

just say'n

Cerberus' Freedom Group guns for $200 million IPO | Reuters

In 2006, Cerberus bought Bushmaster Firearms, and in 2007 bought Remington Arms, the largest U.S. maker of rifles. Subsequently, it bought gunmakers DPMS Firearms and Marlin Firearms to form Freedom Group

Private equity firm Cerberus Capital Management CBS.UL is planning to take gun maker Freedom Group Inc public in a $200 million initial public offering, according to a regulatory filing.

Freedom Group, which designs, manufactures and markets firearms under brands that include Remington, Marlin, Bushmaster, Parker and Nesika, said in the filing it has the largest market share in all of its major product groups in the United States.

Cerberus, which owns 94.3 percent of Freedom Group's shares according to the filing, could use a successful IPO after sustaining massive losses from its investments in carmaker Chrysler and in GMAC.

Earlier this month, Cerberus successfully took public one of its portfolio companies, plasma-based protein therapy maker Talecris Biotherapeutics Holdings Corp TLCR.O. Talecris raised $950 billion and rose 11.3 percent in its debut. Shares were up 2.6 percent over the IPO price on Wednesday.

But the filing comes at a time when several other private equity backed IPOs have stumbled in their debuts. Last week, RailAmerica (RA.N), owned by funds managed by Fortress Investment Group LLC (FIG.N), fell 8 percent in its debut after pricing below expectations.

Freedom Group sold about 1.1 million long guns and 2 billion rounds of ammunition in the year ended June 30, 2009, according to its prospectus, filed on Wednesday with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.

<broken link removed> Group did not specify what it would use the IPO proceeds for beyond saying they were for working capital and general capital

The company reported net sales of $427.3 million for the six months ended June 30, up 34.9 percent over the year earlier period, and net income of $32.8 million.

(Reporting by Phil Wahba in New York, and Sayantani Ghosh in Bangalore; Editing by Anne Pallivathuckal and Steve Orlofsky)

"Cerberus" Hell of a name for a corporation.

In Greek mythology, Cerberus, the three-headed watchdog who guards the entrance to the lower world, the Hades. It is a child of the giant Typhon and Echidna, a monstrous creature herself, being half woman and half snake.
Originally, the dog was portrayed having fifty or hundred heads but was later pictured with only three heads (and sometimes with the tail of a serpent). Cerberus permitted new spirits to enter the realm of dead, but allowed none of them to leave. Only a few ever managed to sneak past the creature, among which Orpheus, who lulled it to sleep by playing his lyre, and Hercules, who brought it to the land of the living for a while (being the last of his Twelve Labors).

Hercules encountered Cerberus. Undaunted, the hero threw his strong arms around the beast, perhaps grasping all three heads at once, and wrestled Cerberus into submission. The dragon in the tail of the fierce flesh-eating guard dog bit Hercules, but that did not stop him. Cerberus had to submit to the force of the hero, and Hercules brought Cerberus to Eurystheus. Unlike other monsters that crossed the path of the legendary hero, Cerberus was returned safely to Hades, where he resumed guarding the gateway to the Underworld. Presumably, Hercules inflicted no lasting damage on Cerberus, except, of course, the wound to his pride!

I'm guessing Cerebrus must be nearly apoplectic knowing that the dept. of defense could be facing some huge cuts based on the last budget debates that automatically triggered the cuts.

remember the energizer commercial? "they keep going and going and going"? just replace the Energizer batteries with Russian made equipment and replace the competition batteries with American issued gear and that commercial could be reanimated for 2012 fiscal year!!!

and 27% of the jams are magazine related? that means out of 100 jams, roughly 27 of them are because of the magazine, the other 73 are all to blame on the rifle itself, sounds to me like new magazines should be the last thing on their minds and an entire new rifle should be the first.

besides remember what Donald Rumsfeld said back when we invaded Iraq and the troops were complaining about not having the plates in their vests? "when you go to war, you go to war with what you got"

The architects and profiteers of war don't care about their lives, at all. They've proven this time and time again. "Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy." - Henry Kissinger. Spoken by a true scumbag; rivaled maybe only by Rumsfeld later in life. This is the type of man that puts your sons and daughters in harm's way.

That is how they really feel. War is the most profitable venture on the planet and they will squeeze out every cent at any cost. Some billionaire gets a bigger cut w/o Pmags in the picture, that is all.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top