JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
2013-06-15-083.jpg

Thanks - my main thing about the FAST helmets was the accommodation for ear pro as I plan to use the built in comms system in my Peltor combined with HTs.

Not having been in the Army/et. al. (only the USCG) I did not know the CVC existed.

I've used both the MICH (Fritz) style and hi-cut. I much prefer the hi-cut. Recently, I bought this:

I got the version without rails and shroud because I was concerned about quality control, so I got an after market shroud and rails from Opscor. Overall, the helmet's one of the most comfortable I've worn and allows me to train with NVGs and where helmets are required.

Thanx Prefontaine, it's always a build vs. buy question, @$300.00, that's some real coin.

Our "...team...", really enjoyed the exercise. For me, the goal was the journey, letting everyone understand in their own time and way that "...where there is a will, there is a way...", next adventure.... the LACS version of the venerable infantryman's best friend the M203...

You do, of course know what Alient BULLSEYE actually, chemically is?

Sit back, pour two fingers of Bourbon, sip... and ponder the possibilities.....

Find a good old K-Pot if you really wanna go LARPin for reals, otherwise, they are just a fancy bump cap!

The old PASGT helmets are a better deal. But also look for surplus CVC(combat vehicle crewmember) helmets if you're going to wear large ear pro and comms, or such. Since I wear ear pro that does more than the foam plugs, I just use an old (mid 00s) ProTec high cut bump helmet thats based on their Alpha Skate series :s0033:

Yup!

55A87FD9-7A5B-42D8-A2FE-30F5ACB23E09.jpeg

Make sure you get some gun mufflers that fit under the helmet as well. I believe he put a on Walkers Razor slim electronic earmufflers.

Last Edited:
I picked up a (like new) MICH (fritz) with multicam cover for $130 shipped from the NWFA classifieds... couldn't pass it up!

They both have the same Velcro padding and H-harness assemblies.

Next to my PASGT bucket...

CC7B47B5-23F2-4742-B44A-EC5EF80EB383.jpeg

Oh, and here's my Willie Roberson bobble-head.... 'cuz it's dumb! :s0140:

A137FAB1-4D42-4B7B-A30B-32F0AD551A18.jpeg

Last Edited:
Get a NIJ rated 3a high cut or super high cut from a reputable manufacturer such as Team Wendy, Ops Core, ect. Stay away from hard head veterans, anything AR500 or any company that claims something like "NIJ equivalent" or "passes NIJ". If they don't have the actual certification, it's probably because they know they won't pass it.

Ignore anyone around here that says helmets are only shrapnel rated. Level 3A which is modern will stop high caliber handgun rounds with survivable blackface deformation. That's a higher rating than most soft armor and the same rating as many side plates and light ceramics. There are no level 4 or rifle rated helmets currently on the market in widespread use or adoption that aren't snake oil. There's a couple out there but none of them are what you're looking for and are their own thing.
Doesn't mean you can't get lucky surviving a glancing blow from a rifle, but don't bet on it whatsoever.

Get some ARC adapters for your ear pro and a nice set of liners. The 4D Tactical Zero G is my personal favorite. The offerings from team Wendy, I hear good things about too. Having a perfect padding set is a life changer. When you eventually get nods, you may require a counterweight which you can have in the form of batteries or miscellaneous stuff in a pouch on the back of the helmet. Many good choices here too such as the Israeli brand Agilite. You will to match your helmet brand and style to what you get. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top