Ballistic helmet, High Cut, MICH ETC.

The Heretic

Reactions
Thanks - my main thing about the FAST helmets was the accommodation for ear pro as I plan to use the built in comms system in my Peltor combined with HTs.

Not having been in the Army/et. al. (only the USCG) I did not know the CVC existed.

Reactions
I’ve used both the MICH (Fritz) style and hi-cut. I much prefer the hi-cut. Recently, I bought this:

I got the version without rails and shroud because I was concerned about quality control, so I got an after market shroud and rails from Opscor. Overall, the helmet’s one of the most comfortable I’ve worn and allows me to train with NVGs and where helmets are required.

Reactions
Thanx Prefontaine, it's always a build vs. buy question, @$300.00, that's some real coin.

Our "...team...", really enjoyed the exercise. For me, the goal was the journey, letting everyone understand in their own time and way that "...where there is a will, there is a way...", next adventure.... the LACS version of the venerable infantryman's best friend the M203...

You do, of course know what Alient BULLSEYE actually, chemically is?

Sit back, pour two fingers of Bourbon, sip... and ponder the possibilities.....

Find a good old K-Pot if you really wanna go LARPin for reals, otherwise, they are just a fancy bump cap!

The old PASGT helmets are a better deal. But also look for surplus CVC(combat vehicle crewmember) helmets if you're going to wear large ear pro and comms, or such. Since I wear ear pro that does more than the foam plugs, I just use an old (mid 00s) ProTec high cut bump helmet thats based on their Alpha Skate series :s0033:

Yup!

55A87FD9-7A5B-42D8-A2FE-30F5ACB23E09.jpeg

doobee8

Reactions

$199.00 plus 20 something shipping from CALI.

Tony617

Reactions

Make sure you get some gun mufflers that fit under the helmet as well. I believe he put a on Walkers Razor slim electronic earmufflers.

Last edited:
I picked up a (like new) MICH (fritz) with multicam cover for $130 shipped from the NWFA classifieds... couldn’t pass it up!

They both have the same Velcro padding and H-harness assemblies.

Next to my PASGT bucket...

CC7B47B5-23F2-4742-B44A-EC5EF80EB383.jpeg

Oh, and here’s my Willie Roberson bobble-head.... ‘cuz it’s dumb! :s0140:

A137FAB1-4D42-4B7B-A30B-32F0AD551A18.jpeg

Last edited:

UPCOMING EVENTS

Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA
Rimfire Challenge May 8th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    great work refinishing my 27 year old 1991 a1 compact colt .45
    Tim did a great job making my gun look brand new again and replacing the old parts inside. Super Happy!!
  • Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just a transfer but a great one. A+
    Came here today to meet another forum member to buy a Glock. Was the best transfer I've had the pleasure of doing. Even though I was just there...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Great work threading Tikka barrel
    I dropped off my Tikka to have Tim thread the stainless barrel. GREAT work. Excellent communications. Highly recommend Tim. Very good value for...
  • Sound Loan and Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Helpful and Handy
    I have shopped, transferred, bought, browsed, or merely stopped in for a friendly hello or two, and every time without fail I left feeling better...
    • 10mm
  • Sound Loan and Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Definitely recommended
    friendly people, great prices on guns ammo tools, jewelry, other pawn shop stuff, always been easy to deal with
Top Bottom