JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I forget how I found out about this place, but I was inspired to order one of their spring loaded decapping dies after having no end of issues with the dies of various calibers I already own. Every time I did the sizing/decapping, I was having problems with primers not dropping as expected in to the Inline Fabrication chute, or getting hung up, or whatever.

1608604804151.png
SO, I decided to order one of these specialized decapping dies. I could tell right away that the pin itself was already going to be WAY tougher than anything else I own. The machining is excellent. The thing that makes this one unique is that the decapping pin is spring loaded. The spring resides right under the silver top cap. It's a very hard spring.

1608604988865.png
The pin itself rests in a position much further down than a standard decapping pin. The die itself will decap everything with a neck opening larger than .223, pistol and rifle included. Here you see I'm decapping some .223.
1608605145099.png

My Inline fabrication upgrades to my Rockchucker are awesome, but the #1 issue I kept having were spent primers getting hung up right here at the mouth opening of the spent primer chute. The primers would stop here and I'd have to keep pushing them through with my finger, and sometimes with a brush to push them down the chute.

With the Mighty Armory Decapping Die, every spent primer popped with gusto, and the vast majority of them went tumbling down the chute without pause. A few popped forward out of the ram, but this is a design issue with the Rockchucker rather than the die.

While I know that this adds an additional step in the reloading process, to me it's totally worth it! The decapping process went so fast, I was able to decap about 200 shells in 15 minutes! Seriously considering some of their other equipment after the success of this baby!

Last Edited:
I 3d printed the same chute and have the same issue it vertically. When I laid it horizontal it seemed to work fine.

I love the concept of the mighty armory decap die. I might have to pick one up.

I need to setup my RC4 the same as you. I just have a hard time pulling the trigger on expensive bent metal haha.
Well, as far as the mount goes I suppose you could do without it, but the Ergo Roller Handle, spent primer chute, and case eject I will NOT do without anymore!

** UPDATE ** OK, clearly this works a little better with rifle brass than pistol brass. I decapped a bunch of 9mm last night, and apparently the small pistol primers pop a lot more softly than rifle brass, so the exit down the chute wasn't as positive as the .223, however, EVERY primer did release as opposed to the Hornady 9mm decap/resize die that I was running previously. With that die, the primers would sometimes not pop, or come out halfway, or the pin would get stuck IN the primer and not release. With the Mighty Armory die, every primer popped with a single pull of the lever, in spite of the fact that the spent primers didn't always make it down the exit cute.

Overall, this die, still MAJORLY worth it!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top