JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The people doing this in Oregon and Washington have resources to continue this in every other state. You are a source of income, if you move you give them a reason to move to you. If you move you're only proving that the people doing this are worth running from. And if they think they're worth running away from expect to see them at your doorstep in a few years wherever you move. Ask yourself, if you give up here, are you going to give up when they come to Idaho or Montana?

If you act like there's no hope, then there isn't. If you never try out, you never make the team. Now is as good of a time as any to prove you own your state.

The people doing this in Oregon and Washington have resources to continue this in every other state. You are a source of income, if you move you give them a reason to move to you. If you move you're only proving that the people doing this are worth running from. And if they think they're worth running away from expect to see them at your doorstep in a few years wherever you move. Ask yourself, if you give up here, are you going to give up when they come to Idaho or Montana?

If you act like there's no hope, then there isn't. If you never try out, you never make the team. Now is as good of a time as any to prove you own your state.

People focus on an event and miss the bigger picture. Just to bring a little focus in, why do you think there is a big push all over the nation to get guns registered?

The only problem with the stand and fight theory,is you have to stop the Californians from moving in. And stop your kids from getting brain washed at liberal colleges. Then stop Bloomerbug and gates,from paying for elections.
Once the 2A group out numbers the antis,then there is a fight to be had. Heck we have gun owners,hunters mostly,who agree with taking everything but their hunting rifle and shotgun!
There are a lot of minds to be changed before that happens,but I wish everyone luck.

I don't think there is hope for Oregon, short of partitioning the state.

The "source of income" mentality of government is exactly why I advocate either voluntary or no government at all. We're all cash cows.

I'm optimistic that when we get down to there being nowhere really to go that we'll be forced to actually fight. As bad as it sounds, I almost wish things were so bad that we were left with that being the only option... as I'm certain that's a "battle" we could win.

Sometimes it's better to sit back and think a bit. This whole process is so unusual that you just have to wonder why they passed the law the way they did. What was the hurry they need to start registering guns right away? Why is it a push on the whole nation? What do they fear?

I can't remember who the member was that told the WA crowd to just ,how did he put it? Not ratify it?
Just appeal it?
I believe I put him on ignore so I won't be able to find his statement.
But maybe y'all in Oregon could do the same?
Yeah,just overturn it. I mean there was a majority who voted it in,I'm sure with another vote it will go different this time...:rolleyes:

Sometimes it's better to sit back and think a bit. This whole process is so unusual that you just have to wonder why they passed the law the way they did. What was the hurry they need to start registering guns right away? Why is it a push on the whole nation? What do they fear?
They fear if S does HTF,or WHEN,they will not entirely have control. They fear that gun owners will have control over some areas and that won't stand for TPTB.
Maybe they have a big surprise waiting for us and they would like to know how many guns they really are up against?
We can say how bad the commyfornia folks are but remember when CA started registering their auto rifles, "assult rilfes",that started the largest act of civil disobedience in US history,when only about 10% registered their guns.

Here's my thoughts on their motivation... these people have already admitted that they don't think that this law will do much to change gun crime, have heard testimony by police and citizens that show it will do nothing, so why push ahead? I think there's two possibilities, maybe more:
- The legislators are well-intentioned, think they're doing something good, but are so damn stupid that they are going ahead with the law anyway despite what I stated above. Frankly, I don't think these are stupid people, the public might be, but the government "representatives" are seldom stupid.
- So, because I don't see these people as likely being well-intentioned, but dumb, I'm left with thinking that their intentions are actually malicious; this law is the first step in a number of gradual steps moving against us and our rights to have arms. If you look throughout history, this is how the most successful takeovers occur... gradually. Right now they're crying that we're "unreasonable" for not wanting background checks and registration. Tomorrow they'll say we're unreasonable for not wanting magazine limits. The next day it'll be us being unreasonable for not wanting to ban semi-auto. Then next week it'll be the same thing for guns in general, ammunition background checks, etc. They're not stupid, they know that they can't bite off too much at once... with how the legislature is now, what's really stopping them from putting in full overt registration or magazine limits? NOTHING! Comrade Brown will sign anything.

They fear if S does HTF,or WHEN,they will not entirely have control. They fear that gun owners will have control over some areas and that won't stand for TPTB.
Maybe they have a big surprise waiting for us and they would like to know how many guns they really are up against?

It is obvious they have great fear if they are willing to pass sb941 the way they did. Yes they are pushing it all over the country, they want very gun registered as quickly as possible. Why the rush, what is the big push all about? Even though they risk being thrown out of office they still do this registration and they are pushing it everywhere. Something bigger is going on in my opinion.

The only problem with the stand and fight theory,is you have to stop the Californians from moving in. And stop your kids from getting brain washed at liberal colleges. Then stop Bloomerbug and gates,from paying for elections.
Once the 2A group out numbers the antis,then there is a fight to be had. Heck we have gun owners,hunters mostly,who agree with taking everything but their hunting rifle and shotgun!
There are a lot of minds to be changed before that happens,but I wish everyone luck.
And don't forget about all the people on welfare, with subsidized housing, food stamps, fake ss, ect. You know the Democrats own them.
Getting a Republican governor on the west coast is going to be next to impossible anymore.
I've been a resident of this state for over 67 yrs, and watched the commies buy it for the past 50

Name 2 Bluedog US Congresscritters or US Senators (Even 1 Each)

Again, you're not comprehending anything I've suggested.

Tell you what. You continue voting for your Republican governor and I'll do what I think is best. When I feel my efforts are as futile as I think yours are, I'm voting with my feet. I know that works immediately.

Again, you're not comprehending anything I've suggested.

Tell you what. You continue voting for your Republican governor and I'll do what I think is best. When I feel my efforts are as futile as I think yours are, I'm voting with my feet. I know that works immediately.
If Oregon is not worth fighting for (I'm fighting for Far Nor Cal/ Jefferson) THEN WHY DID YOU DEFEND IT AS SO WONDERFUL & HAVING a "Free State" Firearms atmosphere here at this very forum/board not long ago ?o_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top