JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm furious about the leftist regime's takeover of Oregon over the years. Hell, I'm only 23, but even I can see how it has been getting increasingly worse over the past several years. As the whole country moves away from Obama and his ilk of the leftist scourge, Oregon embraces it like a rape victim hugging her rapist after the deed is done.

Anyways, I'm out living in Virginia (so I don't have to live in the People's Republic of DC) and attending the leftist wet dream school of Georgetown University, but I'm in the nursing department, so I don't have to put up with lefties as much. I still drive around rocking my Crater Lake plates and I did what I could to resist the takeover from out here, but we all saw the result. Comrade Brown will certainly sign the bill into law and that will be that. I've made some comments on this forum about voting with my feet and relocating somewhere else such as Montana or N. Idaho just to hear things like "stand and fight" or "they'll just follow you there." The latter might be true, but I know for a fact that those types of states are far more resistant to leftist policies due to their lack of brainwashed welfare lemmings to prop up their political regime. The different culture there doesn't hurt either. When I hear "stand and fight," I really wonder what on Earth they mean... who are you going to fight? What are you going to do? As much as I'd like to see 10,000 Oregonians swarm Salem and drag these scum out of office for a good old fashioned tar and feathering, I know no one is going to do that. We can run around saying "I will not comply" or whatever, but what good does noncompliance do when we're all going to do it in secretive ways? Doesn't civil disobedience have to be public to have an effect? Then naturally, such displays would be used by the Marxist Oregon left to say "look, see! They are criminals! We can't trust them with guns at all now! Let's ban more!!!!"

So it seems we are toast either way. I have ZERO faith in any political solution that favors us, as the Oregon electoral system is rigged for the left's imported voters (both Mexican and Californian) to outnumber us significantly.

Is anyone else considering writing Oregon off as a lost cause and "voting with their feet?" I can't stand to give this government any more money.

For the record, I don't believe in the Democratic process one bit... it is two wolves and a sheep deciding on what's for dinner. In my own life, I just want to be left alone, but the left keeps wanting to rule me. One day they will go too far, and when they do...

You don't love Oregon if you're going to run away.

There is nothing we can do without full support from police and National Guard.
SB941 supporters should be arrested for sedition/mutiny against Oregonians, and inciting/encouraging riots.
Shame we don't have any police chiefs and DAs willing to try this move.

At the end of the day half the people here will do nothing more than call and write letters, because doing "something" is what some of this community believes is what the opposition (i.e. SB941 supports) want from us.

Just look at how many people won't even bother posting or reading everything you pointed out.
Some people here believe no matter what the SB941 supporters and related, non-violence is best.
Then we have examples like the Battle of Athens
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Athens_(1946)

The point is that recalls might work, but they can outspend us and use a considerable amount of outside resources to beat us down.
Even news media outlets don't even report some of the major concerns people have like "loaning", "leasing" firearms to family or friends. It's quite frustrating.

Half, or more, of us aren't even on the same page.
Half of us don't know which way is the "correct" way to respond.
The other half is making the distinction between "the correct" and "a correct" way to respond.

Once all Oregon natives, non-natives, band together to love our great State together, we can then wake up enough to stop invading spawn of Bloomberg and related. Sure their opinion is welcome, but not when it negates the love of our great State. We're not trying to control them, like they'd try to control us. They don't love us enough to let us regulate our own daily lives.

Last Edited:
For the past several years I have seriously considered leaving Oregon. I love the weather, the beauty, but I cannot stand the politics. Even moving to Eastern Oregon would do no good because the Willamette Valley
controls the state.

I hope to retire in less than three years, and at that time I will evaluate whether to stay or go. The only real
thing keeping me here is family.

Sometimes you have to let the things you love go. You're definitely right that we cannot do much without the police and/or guard. I really don't even think the bill has much public support, people just don't care about it one way or the other. We have more people on our side that feel similarly to us without a doubt, but just not the legislature (of course). In the event that somehow this bill gets put to a statewide vote, even there we're likely to lose because once you play the Everytown-Bloomberg game of saying "reasonable" and "common sense," people who don't know any better will almost ALWAYS agree with what comes after those terms because they think "huh, I'm reasonable and have common sense, so they are right," and thus vote accordingly. This is the same trick some companies play by putting "Smart" in the name of their company... playing on peoples' internal desire for intellectual validation.

Nonviolence is always preferable, but physical action does have its place; when nothing else works, that's a very viable route to go, but it only works if people are on board with it, and like you said earlier, we would need the cops/guard to either help us, or to just "let it happen."

Can recalls work to an extent? Sure, and I bet some will be removed from office that way, but that's a great big "so what?" The damage has already been done, even if the Oregon legislature somehow gets taken over by Republicans and they vote to remove this law later, Comrade Brown will never sign it... so then we need (I'm not sure of the Oregon legislature rules) ~2/3 of both houses on our side, and that will NEVER happen.

If we all knew the right way, we wouldn't be talking, we'd all be out there doing X, Y, Z that we know is what will work for sure.

It isn't even the whole valley that controls the state... all the left really even needs is Multnomah County. If we took that one small place out of the mix, this is a red state, but that's on a cumulative level, the districts are organized right now in a way very favorable to the left.

You guys think you can flee to Montana or Wyoming and this won't wind up there , its so sad that you guys are parroting calguns.net postings of like 2008 with your willingness to move rather than vote the bums out...

Good job reading NOTHING of what I wrote. I love when people see the headline, then comment... if you can't read someone's position, then what are the odds of you acting to get rid of these people? Pretty much ZERO.

Keep with your political process delusion, voting in Oregon is like playing ring toss at the NJ boardwalk... you'll never win in a rigged game.

Good job reading NOTHING of what I wrote. I love when people see the headline, then comment... if you can't read someone's position, then what are the odds of you acting to get rid of these people? Pretty much ZERO.

Keep with your political process delusion, voting in Oregon is like playing ring toss at the NJ boardwalk... you'll never win in a rigged game.
You can vote for a Governor who is 2A/RTKBA friendly (It's not Rocket Science or Ring Toss , One party brings the bills forward , one party passes them by what amounts to "Strict Party Line Vote"

It's easy to get frustrated when one or two liberal counties dictate the general election results for the entire state. Not sure how you get around that one.

Yeah, because voting for governor has worked SO well the past 20 years... again, outnumbered, rigged, etc. You can go down with the ship if you wish, but I'm not. As for the recalls the best case is what? A situation like Colorado where the legislators get pulled, but then the law still stays in place? These leftist ideologues are willing to lose their political careers to advance the Marxist agenda.

I'm not ready to abandon ship yet, but you certainly won't see me standing in line to register my AR and PMAGs either. The principles of war apply here, you have to know when to stand your ground and suffer the consequences and you have to know when to retreat to a more defensible location. If Oregon makes you a felon for loaning some firearms to a buddy then you are a felon in every state even if no such crime exists in those other states.

What is better, Oregon and Washington being 60% liberal and 40% conservative or all of the conservatives from both states moving to the same state?

We have the same mess in WA state, to a somewhat lesser degree. I haven't changed my daily habits one iota, but I'm not heavy into buying / trading / selling / loaning firearms, either. This didn't affect my business with dealers but I'm not sure what happens next. I did tie all my firearms into a trust before the law went into effect. The hope is that gives me some traction down the road and establishes a clear path for them to transition to my sons when I move along to the next adventure. Problem for me is the answer you get to most questions is "not sure". Frustrating if not outright scary times.

I am in the same boat as the Original poster of this thread, I was born in Oregon and have never lived anywhere else, I always vote, I contact the senators and reps , I do my part. The simple truth is that there is a flood of liberal morons coming into Portland , Salem, Eugene, and Bend and we are plain and simple outnumbered. I am starting to feel like any conservative votes are pissing against a wave. If I move, I don't feel like I am running away, I feel like I would be supporting a state with my Ideals that could better use my votes and tax dollars to stay red. It's not just about guns, the Liberals are making it a real pain in the bubblegum to ride a fourwheeler, use a boat, hunt, fish, drive a Jeep or sandrail off-road, etc. I don't like to be pissed off and fighting all the time, so a move to state that is less controlled makes sense. Will the B.S. come to those states as well? Maybe. But it will take quite awhile, and I can enjoy my freedom and continue to fight for it in a state that still has a fighting chance. I haven't decided to move yet, but 5 hours east is lookin' pretty good.

Oh, if it matters, I live in rural central/eastern Oregon, so I am surrounded by people who think the same way as I do, but controlled by the left wing on the left side of the state. Gets pretty old.

We just lost one battle, but this is a war and there are plenty more battles left to fight before we lose. If you run away from the front lines the war will eventually find you and you have nowhere left to run to. If it sounds a bit like being strategically herded you have it correct. Once you give up your Federal Legislature to the people who want to confiscate your firearms they won't need your state legislature.

Oregon is still near 50-50 on this issue. Leaving us weakens us and only delays what is an illusion of freedom in greener pastures.

Sadly, we have so much California scum coming up here it wouldnt make a difference.

Now if you were a bug business owner with a few emolyees, maybe.
Your best bet, be the biggest pain in the bubblegum for these mother bubblegumers..

Recalls, pickets rallies letters and phone calls like they've never seen.

You guys think you can flee to Montana or Wyoming and this won't wind up there , its so sad that you guys are parroting calguns.net postings of like 2008 with your willingness to move rather than vote the bums out...
You know, every one of your posts isnt at all constructive either.. All I see is you tearing down, mocking or calling out others..
Where is your contribution Gator.. What are YOU doing to help?

When you hear "stand and fight" it means stay and participate in rebilding a positive gun culture that sets an example of pro gun/2nd Amendment stewardship and being a positive example to non-gunners. It means voting for pro gun legislators, and working and supporting to undo the legislative damage the antis bring in.... Work to get 941 amended or repealed, work to recall anti gun politicians.

Thats what it means.

I will not comply and I will vote w/ my feet just as soon as possible. I believe the term is "lines of drift"! The pot smoking, starbucks drinking libtards can't figure out how to get off I-5! Just heading east a little bit you can see a change in values and personal responsibilities. Sure there are always gonna be exceptions in all free states for pockets of Communism (Bend, Boise, Bozeman come to mind) but the huge majority of people on the east side of the Cascades don't give two ratsa--es about what happens in Salem or Seattle or Boise or Bozeman!!.........You guys go ahead and "stand and fight" as I wish you luck. But.......when your 7 shot Taurus curve .380 firing lead free ammo:eek: is not enough gun to win a gunfight don't be surprised............I will be in Miles City, MT at the annual bucking horse sale, open carrying my Ruger Super Blackhawk:)

I am in the same boat as the Original poster of this thread, I was born in Oregon and have never lived anywhere else, I always vote, I contact the senators and reps , I do my part. The simple truth is that there is a flood of liberal morons coming into Portland , Salem, Eugene, and Bend and we are plain and simple outnumbered. I am starting to feel like any conservative votes are pissing against a wave. If I move, I don't feel like I am running away, I feel like I would be supporting a state with my Ideals that could better use my votes and tax dollars to stay red. It's not just about guns, the Liberals are making it a real pain in the bubblegum to ride a fourwheeler, use a boat, hunt, fish, drive a Jeep or sandrail off-road, etc. I don't like to be pissed off and fighting all the time, so a move to state that is less controlled makes sense. Will the B.S. come to those states as well? Maybe. But it will take quite awhile, and I can enjoy my freedom and continue to fight for it in a state that still has a fighting chance. I haven't decided to move yet, but 5 hours east is lookin' pretty good.

Oh, if it matters, I live in rural central/eastern Oregon, so I am surrounded by people who think the same way as I do, but controlled by the left wing on the left side of the state. Gets pretty old.

I came here from Idaho over 15 years ago. Culture shock. But I have adapted pretty well. Although it is funny because I seem to be the "odd redneck out." I sympathize man, because the libturds want to turn Oregon into a giant national park where we freeze to death in the dark. Nature is just for lookin' at according to them.

It amazes me that the people that are here now have evidently displaced the people that are the descendants of the people who survived plagues, storms, Indian Attacks, and mountains where they carved out a life from the forest. I am certain that they didn't brave all that only to be told how to live and what to do by their elected government.

The only thing that keeps me from leaving is the private school my son is in (which we REALLY like) and the friends we have here connected to that school. Other than that, we could go back where I came from tomorrow.

And believe me, I think about those friendships everyday and weigh them against the aggravation and expense of leaving to make our life elsewhere. As someone who is starting a business as a firearms instructor, this law has me on the fence as to if I will stay or go.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top