JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you wanna fight back then vote with your money, boycott the state of Oregon. No money no power. It's the only peaceful weapon you have to fight back with. If the state makes money off it then don't buy it. Every time you pay to register your gun you are supporting the system, don't buy any.

You can vote for a Governor who is 2A/RTKBA friendly (It's not Rocket Science or Ring Toss , One party brings the bills forward , one party passes them by what amounts to "Strict Party Line Vote"

Hey, Simple Gator! Water is wet!!!!

Have you ever talked to a California to Oregon transplant and asked them about firearms rights? Have you ever talked with a Portland hipster about firearms rights? A Eugene UO professor or liberal arts major student? I have. It's way more complicated than rocket science and has nothing to do with ring toss luck. They are a breed apart and reason has nothing to do with how they make choices in the way they vote... and there are way more of 'them' in this state than there are of 'us' and more moving here every day. More liberal voters = more liberal government.

So tell everyone here how YOU can vote for a RTKBA Governor and as simple as that (more simple than rocket science and ring toss) we have one in Salem?

Why not just build this region up as a outdoorsmen's wet dream and have more people on the right swarm in and make all the commies get sick of the freedom loving Americans and then they can leave.

Why not just build this region up as a outdoorsmen's wet dream and have more people on the right swarm in and make all the commies get sick of the freedom loving Americans and then they can leave.

How could you get gun loving sportsmen to move to a state run by gun grabbing commies?

Or every year I hear about how northern California and southern Oregon want to become there own state, maybe enough people move there to make it happen.

I recommend "vote with your feet"....

If by that you mean walking your neighborhood for your candidate during the next election, talking to people, handing out info, and getting out the anti-anti votes. Standing in gun-free zoned Malls handing out "why gun-free areas attract crime" info.

"How could you get gun loving sportsmen to move to a state run by gun grabbing commies?"
:)
Advertise it's Open Season on Gun grabbing Commies?:)

Hint; avoid wearing outdoor type camo...go with urban camo (like Dockers and a golf T-shirt). Learn the right game calls such as, "save the whales", "end hunger" or "gender fairness", to attract your quarry.

Last Edited:
How could you get gun loving sportsmen to move to a state run by gun grabbing commies?

dont know how. Just make it appealing, make it a challenge to turn the state red. The liberals do it all the time, then maybe they can spark a change, its just wishful thinking I guess. I live this part if the country, I hate the porlanders, and unfortunately I work downtown Portland.

We just lost one battle, but this is a war and there are plenty more battles left to fight before we lose. If you run away from the front lines the war will eventually find you and you have nowhere left to run to. If it sounds a bit like being strategically herded you have it correct. Once you give up your Federal Legislature to the people who want to confiscate your firearms they won't need your state legislature.

Oregon is still near 50-50 on this issue. Leaving us weakens us and only delays what is an illusion of freedom in greener pastures.

Out of all the posts on this thread (and this is an important topic) this one gets it the most right, IMNTBHO.

The battle lines are drawn here, right now. That actually makes this a more "Interesting" place to be, than the alternatives, and is, or has been up to now, exactly the right place to be to continue the fight. The fact that there is such a pronounced urban vs. rural divide here, with a relatively small cluster of leftist cockroaches controlling the State, makes the battle here different from what it is in Commufornia or New York, etc., where you have these huge urban enclaves - and is going to cause Unintended Consequences for the sniveling Left. But yes, we could get overrun, and that is exactly what the Left plans with their importation of impoverished Mexicans and all the rest of their demographic machinations...

However, it is not true that if you run, you will be left with nowhere left to run to. In an extreme example - a limit or boundary condition, if there are any math nuts here - if all the gun owners in the country moved to one State, there is no way that even Federal gun control would *ever* get enforced in that State, and leftists would be in a tiny minority and all being real quiet and moving real fast - *permanently*. So what we're looking at really is the Balkanization of America. Remember, at the last election, the whole country made a right turn while Oregon went *the other way*. That doesn't exactly make it appear that Bloombugger is going to succeed *everywhere*. So, as someone else pointed out, it becomes a question of knowing when to hold up and when to fold up - and I suggest reading Sun Tzu, very carefully, to get a good grasp of that issue - as he puts it, "wars are won by maneuvering".

The one piece of advice I can offer is something I got from my father, who didn't have a damn clue about much of anything but once in a while was good for a Pearl Of Wisdom: Don't ever do anything for *negative* reasons. If you leave Oregon, do so not because you want to GTFOO *here* (not that the idea isn't tempting, and not just because of hordes of mindless squealing Commie Mommies, either) but because there is some specific *other* place that you'd *rather* be, where liberals are real quiet and moving real fast.

Now, in response to the OP, who at age 23 is trying to decide whether to settle here or not... I'd be *real* cautious about that for *economic* reasons alone. This State is well on the road to economic suicide, or more like murder at the hands of the same gang of Marxist cockroaches that are trying to cram gun control down our throats. All it would take would be for those Commufornians who run Intel to pull out (like their fathers should have) and move to Singapore, and this State will fold up like a Chinese tricycle, because they've already destroyed every other industry in the State.

Hey, Simple Gator! Water is wet!!!!

Have you ever talked to a California to Oregon transplant and asked them about firearms rights? Have you ever talked with a Portland hipster about firearms rights? A Eugene UO professor or liberal arts major student? I have. It's way more complicated than rocket science and has nothing to do with ring toss luck. They are a breed apart and reason has nothing to do with how they make choices in the way they vote... and there are way more of 'them' in this state than there are of 'us' and more moving here every day. More liberal voters = more liberal government.

So tell everyone here how YOU can vote for a RTKBA Governor and as simple as that (more simple than rocket science and ring toss) we have one in Salem?
Thanx for helping me realize that "Socially Liberal" folks are a waste of our time trying to "Get on our Side" or negotiate with or convince its in their best interest to put 2A/RTKBA ahead of other issues they hold dear ...:eek:

Thanx for helping me realize that "Socially Liberal" folks are a waste of our time trying to "Get on our Side" or negotiate with or convince its in their best interest to put 2A/RTKBA ahead of other issues they hold dear ...:eek:

So tell everyone here how YOU can vote for a RTKBA Governor and as simple as that (more simple than rocket science and ring toss) we have one in Salem? You seem to have missed answering that one.

Sorry to hear this. Didn't see it coming, being a subject of Washington. This makes a clean sweep, the gun hating left is winning the left coast. I see no way to turn back the invading horde. I think we are better off fleeing to a freedom loving state and creating bulletproof pro gun majorities. It's not just the gun laws, the progressive religion is taking over. It might be safe in the flyover states, if we can even save them...

The downside? Rural "red" counties elect federal house congress persons. If we abandon the conservative portions of our states the leftists will surely control all of congress.

You know, every one of your posts isnt at all constructive either.. All I see is you tearing down, mocking or calling out others..
Where is your contribution Gator.. What are YOU doing to help?
Telling you guys that if you can convince the "Socially Liberal" among you to vote "Single Issue" (2A/RTKBA) IN ONE ELECTION CYCLE that there is a good chance you can do what was done in the 10 & 14 election cycles on a National Level IN YOUR STATE and dial back the creeping California Style Firearm Restrictions that loom ahead for you (That I have fought & dealt with for years & years...

As a new member to the forum, my take on this is a little different. I moved to Oregon from California for the freedom! I'm originally from the midwest, so California and it's myriad of gun laws was a shock to me. My wife is from the west coast, and her family is here, so moving back to the midwest wasn't an option.

After having seen California up close, I can tell you that Oregon is far from that. Oh, the people like Burdick and Prozanski would fit right in San Francisco or Seattle, but SB 941 only passed the house by 4 votes. To me, that's a slight margin. I read some of the written testimony on SB 941 and I was encouraged by how meany people opposed it.

Its not a good idea. Bloomberg has money to do this in every other state. We need to stand our ground and show other states that Bloomberg isn't worth running away from

There is a good chance that the over-reach of the current state legislature will get the attention of the voters. The over-reach is not just limited to the 2A, but in many other areas as well. For those that listened in yesterday, you would have heard several other bills that were given "emergency" status that were clearly not emergencies. I suspect there will be a lot of unhappy campers out there, and perhaps some housecleaning will result in the current majority party.

I get being PO'd and depressed about this loss, but stick it out a bit. There will be an attempt to overturn by Initiative and we are going to need the help. Oregon is too darned nice a patch to hand over to the enemy.

Its not a good idea. Bloomberg has money to do this in every other state. We need to stand our ground and show other states that Bloomberg isn't worth running away from

The real problem is that if we mass in just a few states there will be enough to do at the Federal level what was just done at the state level. It won't matter if your state is 100% gun friendly if you are stripped of your rights by the fed, unless you think you can succeed from the Union.

If a legislature in your future home state passes something you don't like, are you going to run off to different state again then too? Never fight for anything, just perpetually keep running away?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top