JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've never been on a forum that is dedicated to a specific area and it intrigued me, so here I am! I'm a member on a few forums and someone at SiGforum mentioned this place so I thought I'd check it out ...

I got my start on the GunBroker forums ... that's where I dipped my toe in the water, great bunch of guys ... and still stop by once in a while but mainly you can fine me on Sig or "The High Road"

I'm mainly into plinking now days ... I used to be into Service Rifle matches ... I shoot pistol but I'm mainly a rifle guy.

I have a few bolt rifles, a couple older Remington VSSF's, a few Mauser's several bolt 22's ... I like AR's but prefer Valmet's (an refined AK variant) as well as the SiG 55x line and HK 91, 93, MP5 clones ... for pistols I enjoy the 1911 but was a late comer to that party, but in '99 my favorite FFL called me the kimberkid when I came into his shop ... so I took it for my handle.

I guess at 60, I'm getting a little old to be called a kid but I use the name on all the different forums I've joined so if you see that name chances are its me.

Welcome. I'm 59 years old myself.

Any Ruger 10/22s in your inventory of 22LR?

If not....
I suggest you get one. Take look over at http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php for more info on the 10/22 platform. The 10/22 is a hoot to play with and modify. Shooting such a low recoiling round is a welcome change for me from hi-power shooting.

Aloha, Mark

PS...."KimberKid" maybe it's time you started with a SASS Club?

Overview info on SASS: http://www.curtrich.com/captbaylorsrangercamp.html

Howdy ma96782!
I've down to 4 10-22's ... In my opinion it's the VWBug of the gun world, they can be as big of a money pit, and I've slung many a dollar into that pit! In about 92 I had the itch to put together a tackdriveing 10-22 so I bought a brand new one and sold everything but the receiver; dressed it in a Fagen Silhouette stock, Vorquartzen trigger, a fancy bolt I came across at a gun show, old BSA scope and bla bla bla ended up with close to a grand in it. I enjoyed it for 20+ years and sold it to a buddy for $600. I shot this at 100 yards just before I sold it.

P1010708.jpg
I don't say I "built" them because I didn't make any of the parts, I just put them together, but since then I've put together another on a Boyd's stock, polished the trigger myself, put in a bolt and mag release and had the bolt jeweled like my old one ... I really wanted a threaded barrel for my suppressor and its a solid shooter too!
image-7.jpg

Welcome from the land of evil spirits! Now that the "panic of .22" is over, shooters can actually begin to run some rounds through them. Never had a 10-22, but the aftermarket support is simply incredible. Are there 80% receivers? Would not surprise me.

My 22s are all rather pedestrian: a Glenfield 60 (got it in 1966), and inherited a Winchester 190 and Mossberg 640KB in .22 Mag. Thinking about putting a big ol' scope on the Glenfield to see how she does.

KimberKid,

You got some beautiful wood stocks.

I too have a Fajen stock on one of mine. Though it's an adjustable target style stock. One of my other Rugers (a 17Mach2 conversion) has a stock shape that looks like your first picture. Though mine is made out of laminated wood.

LOL.....yup, I hear you about spending money on 10/22's.

Aloha, Mark

Welcome to the forum! We've got a number of regular members outside of the NW, and it's good to hear from folks all over the country. Hope you enjoy yourself here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top