JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've never been on a forum that is dedicated to a specific area and it intrigued me, so here I am! I'm a member on a few forums and someone at SiGforum mentioned this place so I thought I'd check it out ...

I got my start on the GunBroker forums ... that's where I dipped my toe in the water, great bunch of guys ... and still stop by once in a while but mainly you can fine me on Sig or "The High Road"

I'm mainly into plinking now days ... I used to be into Service Rifle matches ... I shoot pistol but I'm mainly a rifle guy.

I have a few bolt rifles, a couple older Remington VSSF's, a few Mauser's several bolt 22's ... I like AR's but prefer Valmet's (an refined AK variant) as well as the SiG 55x line and HK 91, 93, MP5 clones ... for pistols I enjoy the 1911 but was a late comer to that party, but in '99 my favorite FFL called me the kimberkid when I came into his shop ... so I took it for my handle.

I guess at 60, I'm getting a little old to be called a kid but I use the name on all the different forums I've joined so if you see that name chances are its me.

Welcome. I'm 59 years old myself.

Any Ruger 10/22s in your inventory of 22LR?

If not....
I suggest you get one. Take look over at http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php for more info on the 10/22 platform. The 10/22 is a hoot to play with and modify. Shooting such a low recoiling round is a welcome change for me from hi-power shooting.

Aloha, Mark

PS...."KimberKid" maybe it's time you started with a SASS Club?

Overview info on SASS: http://www.curtrich.com/captbaylorsrangercamp.html

Howdy ma96782!
I've down to 4 10-22's ... In my opinion it's the VWBug of the gun world, they can be as big of a money pit, and I've slung many a dollar into that pit! In about 92 I had the itch to put together a tackdriveing 10-22 so I bought a brand new one and sold everything but the receiver; dressed it in a Fagen Silhouette stock, Vorquartzen trigger, a fancy bolt I came across at a gun show, old BSA scope and bla bla bla ended up with close to a grand in it. I enjoyed it for 20+ years and sold it to a buddy for $600. I shot this at 100 yards just before I sold it.

P1010708.jpg
I don't say I "built" them because I didn't make any of the parts, I just put them together, but since then I've put together another on a Boyd's stock, polished the trigger myself, put in a bolt and mag release and had the bolt jeweled like my old one ... I really wanted a threaded barrel for my suppressor and its a solid shooter too!
image-7.jpg

Welcome from the land of evil spirits! Now that the "panic of .22" is over, shooters can actually begin to run some rounds through them. Never had a 10-22, but the aftermarket support is simply incredible. Are there 80% receivers? Would not surprise me.

My 22s are all rather pedestrian: a Glenfield 60 (got it in 1966), and inherited a Winchester 190 and Mossberg 640KB in .22 Mag. Thinking about putting a big ol' scope on the Glenfield to see how she does.

KimberKid,

You got some beautiful wood stocks.

I too have a Fajen stock on one of mine. Though it's an adjustable target style stock. One of my other Rugers (a 17Mach2 conversion) has a stock shape that looks like your first picture. Though mine is made out of laminated wood.

LOL.....yup, I hear you about spending money on 10/22's.

Aloha, Mark

Welcome to the forum! We've got a number of regular members outside of the NW, and it's good to hear from folks all over the country. Hope you enjoy yourself here.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top