JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
[QUOTE=
"We also need to tighten up our "emergency" laws immediately. The notion that a Mayor, Governor, etc., can simply declare an emergency and then has essentially UNLIMITED power to do and implement ANYTHING he/or she wants up to and including suspending CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS, in the name of that emergency, is frightening. Or how a "health official" that is APPOINTED and NOT ELECTED can essentially create laws punishable by arrest, fines, or even jail time is insane!
Our founders would ABSOLUTELY be shooting people by now. And that, unfortunately is the ONLY thing that will change any of this."

In Wa. State we had a lot stricter emergency clause until last Nov. when the dumb bubblegum' here voted to give them broad and vague discretion!!!
I told my wife at the time this was bad news and look 4 months later :confused: almost like someone knew what was coming ;)

"Our founders would ABSOLUTELY be shooting people by now. And that, unfortunately is the ONLY thing that will change any of this."

I've been saying this for 5 yrs!!

Stacy

Wow, this thread has turned into a trainwreck falling off a cliff into a lava moat filled with lava monsters. Have a great day, everyone!
The interesting part about train wrecks is, you get to see all the small parts you normally wouldn't. Like it or not, all these opinions are like the small parts and cogs, making our machine functional.

The voters of the Pacific Northwest fully deserve all the pain and misery heaped upon them by their elected leaders. They voted for this, they need to enjoy it. Never mind that every elected leader, including Trump, every so-called "expert" and every "prediction" were not just wrong about Covid-19, but they were so gripped with fear as to completely abdicate their moral authority.

Also, I don't ever want to hear another forum-warrior threat about a 2nd Civil War. If nothing was done in response to the dictatorial power grab by the governors now, then there is absolutely nothing that will get people off their couches. The fear and hysteria ginned up by the press and elected leaders lays bare the immense power they have over the majority of people residing in the PNW. In fact, I'd wager 80 to 85% of all people in the PNW are complete cowards.

The voters of the Pacific Northwest fully deserve all the pain and misery heaped upon them by their elected leaders. They voted for this, they need to enjoy it. Never mind that every elected leader, including Trump, every so-called "expert" and every "prediction" were not just wrong about Covid-19, but they were so gripped with fear as to completely abdicate their moral authority.

Also, I don't ever want to hear another forum-warrior threat about a 2nd Civil War. If nothing was done in response to the dictatorial power grab by the governors now, then there is absolutely nothing that will get people off their couches. The fear and hysteria ginned up by the press and elected leaders lays bare the immense power they have over the majority of people residing in the PNW. In fact, I'd wager 80 to 85% of all people in the PNW are complete cowards.
Probably right.

Started off gripped with fear over the virus... Now that its shown not to be that bad (remember 1mil ventilators and a few weeks ago saying that 100-200k were going to die by now)

Now its fear of challenging the narrative thats taken hold... doctors and other medical professionals are being silenced

Fear fear fear... It consumes us and turns us into snitches and cowards.

The interesting part about train wrecks is, you get to see all the small parts you normally wouldn't. Like it or not, all these opinions are like the small parts and cogs, making our machine functional.
You have to remember a LOT, and I do mean a LOT of people who love freedom are getting a real shock to their system here. A lot of them have been calling anyone who warned this was something to watch for really thought anyone warning of it was a kook. Well now they are seeing it all out in the open. Many can not admit it's happening so they throw out statements saying we are still kooks even when they see what is happening. Many have no problem with a police state. Some just want the promise of being taken care of more than they want freedom. Some feel they will be the ones enforcing the new rules and also long for "power" over others so they welcome it. Some are probably just troll's looking for a reaction. In any case anyone who has watched what it being done, that is totally contrary to the Constitution and still pretends like it's not happening? They have to want to believe it's not happening. They are running on emotion and no facts will get past that firewall they built. Those who are not using emotion rather than facts are just covering for the lie and also are of course a waste of time to try to "reach". Some of what I see really does make me feel ill, seeing some who really want to have complete power over others and are using the excuse of "I was just following orders".

Well, one thing that's getting back to normal levels here in the big schitty, the ignorant, rude, potland drivers are back on the roads. Traffic is still light, however, it's the norm come up behind someone "Regulating" the speed of what traffic there is by going 7-10 mph under the safe limit. :s0054:

We take road trips from WA thru OR quite frequently. I freaking LOVE bombing on the short-haired-flannel-wearing-women driving Subaru Foresters trying to "regulate" me and my 6,000+ pound over-powered pick-em-up truck! Even my wife, who usually rolls her eyes:rolleyes: at me totally gets a kick out of it:D
It's funny, these people only exist around the Portland area. Don't even get that up here near Seattle.
But, I enjoy hassling them!

Im about done with the situation. An invisible enemy that kills about the same as a seasonal flu. The control mechanism has begun.

Any view or rants? Im not an activist, but i am an American.
Tennessee needs more right-wingers to challenge all the Californian, Chicago and New York liberals who moved here..

Governor Lee has already lifted the ban on many businesses, although the liberal cities are keeping them in place longer. Governor Kemp of Georgia probably is the first of all American governors to lift the bans, because he understand economics better than most other politicians do. He still has shelter at place order for people over 70 and who are At Risk, but who is really going to enforce it? More like a "Common Sense" law that probably will not be enforced.

Double ditto on everything you say- until you call for shooting people- by which I assume you mean shooting other Americans- THAT is a BAD plan. Once the "shooting people" begins, there is no stopping it and God only knows where that will end, and whose lives will be snuffed out.

Show me exactly where I said, "DunRanull (or anyone else) you should go get your guns and start shooting people.

And you can't because I didn't.

So stop making crap up that I did not say.

I'm going to type this very slowly so that you can follow along...

I wrote commentary on how I think our founders would be solving the very severe problems our country currently faces, and I lamented that UNFORTUNATELY that is the only way that anything is going to change.

That doesn't mean I think we should do it and I damn sure am not telling you or anyone else to go get your guns and start shooting people.

I said it this way purely to try and help illustrate how severe I believe the problems we currently face, are. I should have chosen my words more carefully and I should have known that the children of the group would take me far too literally. :rolleyes:

We take road trips from WA thru OR quite frequently. I freaking LOVE bombing on the short-haired-flannel-wearing-women driving Subaru Foresters trying to "regulate" me and my 6,000+ pound over-powered pick-em-up truck! Even my wife, who usually rolls her eyes:rolleyes: at me totally gets a kick out of it:D
It's funny, these people only exist around the Portland area. Don't even get that up here near Seattle.
But, I enjoy hassling them!
You have had much better luck than I have around Seattle. :rolleyes:

I think we're done here, too may rule violations to spend time on cleaning. Please review the forum rules before posting in the future, thanks.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads