JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Have you ever bought a gun that someone recommended?

• Total voters
Reactions
I see a lot of threads where someone says they're considering buying a concealed carry gun, a full size gun, a 1911, etc. I can't recall seeing many OP's post what their final decision was, which makes me wonder. Cast your vote and let's see if we can get an idea if those questions actually produce fruit.

Yes, not a great many times, but I have bought on recommendation from people of whom I consider knowledgeable in this field. And that includes some on this great site. :)

I bought Ruger Security 6 on someone's recommendation. While it was a well built gun, the trigger guard would slap my middle finger knuckle like I owed it money. Not a keeper.

I have bought or traded for guns , that someone has recommended.
Some have been keepers , others have been traded off.

While the firearm must fit in with how you shoot , I still enjoy learning of others and their experiences with firearms.
Andy

I have bought firearms based on reviews by the publication Gun Tests. An excellent, unbiased source of information on many firearms and related acrouments. But I can't recall ever making an acquisition based on one individual's recommendation.

No sense in voting, a poll doesn't have the names of those who voted.

Anyway. Yeah, kind of I guess. I was looking to get something old, historic. I wanted a Mosin Nagant. After getting input from members here, I was led to looking at Swedish Mausers. Ended up with a Swede Mauser from Gun Broker. Man, that was GOOD decision!

On the other hand, as a newbie gun owner I WISH I would have had input so we didn't get a KelTec PF9 for Wifey. :oops: Then there's the Ruger SR9, the Kimber Pro Aegis, the Sig 239. The guns that Wifey wanted, but doesn't shoot. And of course, the story of my life, they won't sell without the seller (ME) incurring a substantial loss. :cool:

I've only ever bought one firearm based on a recommendation, and that certainly wasn't from you schlubs here!!! :p;):D

When I first started shooting USPSA, I was shooting in what was then the Limited Division. The pistol I started out with was a EIA Witness .40S&W. I didn't like the SA/DA trigger and I wanted something different. Anyway, one of the shooters was a gunsmith and had a gun shop. He recommended I go with a "real man's" gun in .45ACP... that pistol was a Para Ordnance P14.45 and was becoming very popular at that time. When they still made them in Canada. It cost me about $800 and I bought 4 14rd mags, installed +2 and then +4 mag extensions, a trigger job, a magwell, new sights, full length guide rod, etc, until I had over $2000 invested over a period of time. Sheesh, if I had all the money at once I could of bought an STI!!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top