JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I actually hope you guys are right and I'm wrong. But I have grave doubts about the current occupant of the White House and his people.

I'm new here, so maybe one of you could explain the necessity of being insulting rather than actually having a debate. BTW, I'm sixty two, a Vet and a cancer survivor. I have paid my dues. What about you?

I actually hope you guys are right and I'm wrong. But I have grave doubts about the current occupant of the White House and his people.

You can have all the doubts you want. You just need to remember that any politician has a contract with the people - break the contract, and any power can be revoked.

I'm new here, so maybe one of you could explain the necessity of being insulting rather than actually having a debate.

Feeling is mutual. Some of your statements are insults of our intelligence.

BTW, I'm sixty two, a Vet and a cancer survivor. I have paid my dues. What about you?

We have a classless society. Equal protection. Nobody is above the law. Etc...

If I've insulted your intelligence, that certainly wasn't my intention. But don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining. Classless society or forum clique or self appointed whatever, I'll just agree to disagree and let you guys enjoy your mutual admiration society.

If I've insulted your intelligence, that certainly wasn't my intention. But don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining. Classless society or forum clique or self appointed whatever, I'll just agree to disagree and let you guys enjoy your mutual admiration society.
Welcome GOG!
You'll have to excuse them a little. They saw your avatar and made up their mind about you immediately.
Your sig-line was the icing on their cake!

"As someone already pointed out, a treaty does not overide the Constitution."

Our problem, from the way that I understand it (numerous legal commentors on Fox & elsewhere) is that, per the Constitution, a ratified treaty DOES override the Constitution. AND that if a treaty is signed, then the Senate fails to act, said treaty then becomes the "Law of the Land".

Also, the UN Commission has been very secretive about what is in the damned thing. Greg Nickels (former Seattle mayor - remember "no guns in Seattle Parks"?) was appointed by the O-Admin to assist Amb Rice on this.

We may have a problem . . .

This was dealt with by the supreme court in "Reid vs Corvert" The Constitution supersedes international treaties ratified by the U.S Senate.

There is no legal way around the 2nd Amendment other than a further amendment to the Constitution that repeals or alter it, or a Supreme Court dicision that reinterprets it.

I'm new here, so maybe one of you could explain the necessity of being insulting rather than actually having a debate. BTW, I'm sixty two, a Vet and a cancer survivor. I have paid my dues. What about you?

My Xanax comment was my little way of saying I believe your rhetoric is over the top.

Does a person have to be a vet to have "paid dues"? I've been in public education for 25 years so I feel lik I am giving back to society and paying my dues. And I'm 48 and I am battling metastatic prostate cancer. Good enough?

There is no legal way around the 2nd Amendment other than a further amendment to the Constitution that repeals or alter it, or a Supreme Court dicision that reinterprets it.
The key component to the U.N.'s strategy against small arms is registration for the purposes of tracking guns and gun sales. Even many of our staunchest allies have implemented gun registration. (Aus, GB, France etc.)

We all know that while many of our Senators may state they will not subvert the 2ndA, that doesn't mean they won't support registration, and/or implement law(s) that require registration or private sales/transfer tracking.

So, that raises the question of whether or not registration/tracking constitutes infringement.

Anyone here believe that the SCOTUS will find on behalf of a plaintiff that challenges such a law?
Anyone here willing to bet their gun rights on it, by ignoring said law prior to a SCOTUS decision?
Does anyone here believe that the FOPA will save you from such a law?

If you are willing to sift through many pages of documents on the matter, much info can be found here:
UN Conference on the Arms Trade Treaty

Please note the word "disarmament," as that is their ultimate intent, and they are very much unabashed about it.

From the OFF website this morning:

Small Arms Treaty

Kevatc, I'm sorry to hear about your cancer, I'll pray for you to be healed. I'm a colon cancer survivor going on eight years now and it was an awful time.

The reason I felt it necessary to state my age and the fact that I served in the military is because for many years now I have seen the erosion and outright dismantling or our rights under God and the Constitution. I also swore an oath to defend that Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. I have yet to be released from that oath and I take it seriously.

You or anyone else are welcome to disagree with me. I enjoy a good discussion. The statement that I insulted your or anyone else's intelligence was arrogant. If I'm over the top, it's because I see things differently than you do and it's beyond time to take a stand.

BTW, I was a carpenter most of my life and at age fifty went back to school and got my degree in psychology and my Masters in counseling. I spent the last almost twelve years before I retired as a chemical dependency counselor in the 'hood in Sacramento. I worked with many people on probation, parolees and people with child protective service cases. I was privileged to help some folks and sadly, I also sent a few back to prison.

I have seen the best and the worst of humanity in my life. This ain't my first rodeo and my acceptance by the "self appointed" forum intelligentsia is not required.

What the UN wants in meaningless here. The treaty will need to be ratified. AND it will not effect our 2od amendment rights. Just because the UN passes it dosn't make it law here. In short the UN cannot make you register your guns unless our government says so.

By the way GOG I am also a veteran and cancer servivor. Good on you for that. But I am only 57 (still a spring chicken).

I stand corrected regarding the way in which a treaty becomes law. Mea Culpa.

State Rights | Treaties Do Not Supersede the Constitution
(note that these folks claim a disinformation campaign by the one-worlders to convince everyone that "treaties supercede the constitution". I think that I fell for it too.)

And then, about the Senate and Ratification: http://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/common/briefing/Treaties.htm
"The Senate does not ratify treaties—the Senate approves or rejects a resolution of ratification. If the resolution passes, then ratification takes place when the instruments of ratification are formally exchanged between the United States and the foreign power(s).
Most treaties submitted to the Senate have received its advice and consent to ratification. During its first 200 years, the Senate approved more than 1,500 treaties and rejected only 21. A number of these, including the Treaty of Versailles, were rejected twice. Most often, the Senate has simply not voted on treaties that its leadership deemed not to have sufficient support within the Senate for approval, and in general these treaties have eventually been withdrawn. At least 85 treaties were eventually withdrawn because the Senate never took final action on them. Treaties may also remain in the Senate Foreign Relations Committee for extended periods, since treaties are not required to be resubmitted at the beginning of each new Congress. There have been instances in which treaties have lain dormant within the committee for years, even decades, without action being taken."

I also feel more confident that We the People might survive this attempt at "back-door gun control" by the O-Admin.

Kevatc, I'm sorry to hear about your cancer, I'll pray for you to be healed. I'm a colon cancer survivor going on eight years now and it was an awful time.

Glad to hear you have survived and continue to be this side of the dirt. Thank you for your thoughts. We may disagree politicly but we both know about the trials and tribulations of battling the "big C".

We can disagree politically, but in truth, there are more important things in life. Although at times it may not seem so. ;)

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews