JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As we used to say in the Army,"If you snooze you lose.". Yes the present panic buying is getting bad, but if you didn't buy ammo and guns when they were available, shame on you. Stop blaming everyone else. I bought 3 Pmag Monday at $18 each. If I was offered $40 each by a panic buyer, I would tell them that they aren't for sale. But if that same person then offered $100 each, I would be stupid not to sell them. This is reality folks. If you chose to spent money on a $5 coffee drink everyday, don't bubblegum about the guy that brews his own at home and buys ammo each week instead. Just calm down and wait for the dust to settle.

As we used to say in the Army,"If you snooze you lose.". Yes the present panic buying is getting bad, but if you didn't buy ammo and guns when they were available, shame on you. Stop blaming everyone else. I bought 3 Pmag Monday at $18 each. If I was offered $40 each by a panic buyer, I would tell them that they aren't for say. But if that same person then offered $100 each, I would be stupid not to sell them. This is reality folks. If you chose to spent money on a $5 coffee drink everyday, don't bubblegum about the guy that brews his own at home and buys ammo each week instead. Just calm down and wait for the dust to settle.

Yeah just suck it accept the that you were stupid enough not to think ahead, just like with not having extra food set aside, alternative method of cooking, heating, filter water. Our world is unstable, our society is unstable our currency is unstable, those who go out to lunch everyday and have no groceries at home need not knock on the door of their co-worker ate peanut butter and jelly or bogna for lunch everyday and stock their shelves with soup, pasta, beans and rice either

I stocked up when they were dropping in price because of the new generation Pmag coming out. I got a bunch of em but aint selling any.....last price I paid was $9.60 each.

I pretty much had what I needed before I ever heard of Obama. When the first buying frenzy started 4 years ago, I laughed at the prices and the panic, as it had no effect on me. I saw prices rising long before Obama and started stocking up just to beat inflation. Glad I did.

The ONLY people getting "gouged" are the ones WILLING to pay those prices. If someone is WILLING to pay a price for an item that is a want, not a need, is NOT gouging.

Still havent bought one single magazine for my .30-30's, revolvers, or tube fed .22's. Haven't had any trouble finding ammo either, not that I need any. I still say AR15/AK/whatever is not the way to fly for most of us. Fun, yes. Necessary, no. I doubt I'll ever be in a shootout. If I am and can't win with a .30-30 I'm gonna die anyway.

IF it were not for mainstream media and firearms media/forums such as this, I'd not know there were anything going on.

Something my grandfather instilled in me when I was a wee little one: stock up on necessities when they're a good price, then you will have them, be it wine, ammo, meat, light bulbs, gas, whatever. prices go wildly up and down from time to time. reminds me... i need to stock up on wine. the rest, i'm ok.

By all means panic. I will be selling all but my premium AR platforms this month. -To stupid people for twice what they are worth. Next week I'll be offering my "pre-ban" magazines at $100 each. BUY them! Pretty soon teh evul .gov will be BANNING EVERYTHING!

Despite all the panic and fear, people are going to sell for the price the market dictates.. whatever they can get away with, that's capitalism. Either the majority will choose to buy at these panic prices, or the majority won't and you will see things calm down in the next few months.

All that aside. I personally believe this is an entirely different situation than other panic buying in the past.. I think there truly is a sense of urgency this time around and because of the news media Americans are realizing this actually might be their last shot at owning an EVIL (lol) AR or AK with larger capacity mags.

It may not happen at all no one knows for sure.. But I believe the powers that be have an agenda.. and taking the EVIL guns away from the American people is part of that plan. So my advice is simply buy what you can afford even if the prices are somewhat inflated at this point. Don't pay 3 grand for an AR or 1200 for an AK47, 50-75 for a mag ect :) .. use common sense.. it is possible that a law may be passed to restrict these guns and large mags. Trust me in the end you will be kicking your own @ss at the missed opportunity to own one at 20-40% markup rather than ever having the option to buy one again.. IF the ban becomes reality :(

As we used to say in the Army,"If you snooze you lose.". Yes the present panic buying is getting bad, but if you didn't buy ammo and guns when they were available, shame on you. Stop blaming everyone else. I bought 3 Pmag Monday at $18 each. If I was offered $40 each by a panic buyer, I would tell them that they aren't for sale. But if that same person then offered $100 each, I would be stupid not to sell them. This is reality folks. If you chose to spent money on a $5 coffee drink everyday, don't bubblegum about the guy that brews his own at home and buys ammo each week instead. Just calm down and wait for the dust to settle.

Well put.

I just did an inventory of my guns, ammo and gear and with today's prices it's worth approximately $62 million dollars. :s0114:

I think what has gotten some folks upset, myself included, is that when people panic for whatever reason, and then become emotionally driven to purchase and are willing to pay high prices, they cause the dealers not only to raise their prices, but to expect a higher price into the future. So when the panic subsides, and people begin to realize that a ban is actually highly unlikely, dealers will still be slow to reduce their prices. Now is when I start buying at retail stores like Cabela's and Wal-Mart. They can't keep their prices high and remain competitive, so their retail prices are far more attractive than inflated dealer prices. I normally like to keep my business local, but it's hard to reward local dealers who offer me a gun at dealer cost + $25 one day, and a week or two later offer the same gun at dealer cost + $400. I have been highly disappointed with how some dealers I have bought from in the past have acted during this artificial frenzy. Jacking up their prices is one thing, but simply being downright rude and forgetting what customer service means. They probably don't care and think because we are in a time of feast, they can behave however they want. But I remember. And in a few months, when they have too much inventory and not enough customers, and send me an email offering to sell me a gun near cost, my response will be short, and will start with the letters F and U.

The ONLY people getting "gouged" are the ones WILLING to pay those prices. If someone is WILLING to pay a price for an item that is a want, not a need, is NOT gouging.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top